rage2021

Nikola Jokic 2018-19 Season Outlook

Ultra aggressive with Millsap and Harris back. 29FGA. Looks like they might get the W too. 

He pretty much closed this game out by himself. Every time he was in the lead extended.

I had to look at the line 4 times because I kept thinking that it was Anthony Davis, and he's playing now so I got all confused.

This is the Egghead I drafted... not the five shot attempts Egghead. 

41 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

How the heck did he get PF eligibility on ESPN?

The plumlee joker lineups I’m assuming 

10 minutes ago, JP_Grizzly said:

The plumlee joker lineups I’m assuming 

Yes. I'm seeing now that Plumlee was the C and Jokic was PF. 

6 hours ago, AndreSplash said:

How the heck did he get PF eligibility on ESPN?

I know people sometimes frown on this kind of talk in the thread but my PF's have been my weak link all season. 20 roster spot league and my rotation has been Ibaka, Vonleh, Marv Williams and Isaac. The super needy PG team in the league offered Aldridge for Teague and Satorasky this afternoon. Took it without blinking and go to set my lineup and see the eligibility. Go freaking figure. I guess I'm loaded at PF now ha.

I know I'm not supposed to post this kind of stuff but I'm going to do it anyway...

2 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

I know I'm not supposed to post this kind of stuff but I'm going to do it anyway...

Yeah i'll put it in the "I was thin at PF and now I'm not" thread next time. Every time I open a thread when I do visit here I find senior members discussing the team they have on player threads. Most of those then proceed to scold newer members for doing the same thing they are already doing. Probably for years. I've pretty much figured out that newer members are generally not welcome. Solid information and knowledge around here though.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, LW_00 said:

This is the Egghead I drafted... not the five shot attempts Egghead. 

wait, a few page back you really hate this guy right?

18 hours ago, hoopking said:

No. I was simply stating the reality... I drafted him not to take 5 shot attempts... I get it, theres a fine line between wanting a performance for fantasy and it being a negative in real basketball, but the Nuggets play better when Jokic is more aggressive offensively...  and I'm celebrating that he was aggressive during that last game... I didnt draft Jokic to be a B-grade Boogie Cousins...

Taking 5 shots means he's not being aggressive offensively and hurting you in points, ft%, fg%, and threes (unless he took like 15 free throws that game or something).

That's a lot of categories to punt.  Can't win with lines like 5 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers from your first round pick.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hoopking said:

I mean it wasn’t like his complaints were unwarranted.

Can’t have your first rounder playing like 2015 Rondo on good percentages man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LW_00 said:

No. I was simply stating the reality... I drafted him not to take 5 shot attempts... I get it, theres a fine line between wanting a performance for fantasy and it being a negative in real basketball, but the Nuggets play better when Jokic is more aggressive offensively...  and I'm celebrating that he was aggressive during that last game... I didnt draft Jokic to be a B-grade Boogie Cousins...

You still trying to sell high on him?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ovofnd said:

I mean it wasn’t like his complaints were unwarranted.

Can’t have your first rounder playing like 2015 Rondo on good percentages man.

It was one off game though. It was the first time in a month that he had less than 10 shots in a game. 

Edited by Ruspin Ruxin

2 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Taking 5 shots means he's not being aggressive offensively and hurting you in points, ft%, fg%, and threes (unless he took like 15 free throws that game or something).

That's a lot of categories to punt.  Can't win with lines like 5 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers from your first round pick.

His stats doesn't change from last season in point, FG&FT shot attempts, except 3pt%. A few subpar games don't justify to avoid him in the first round.