DLove

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread

15 5 7 with 2 steals  on 0.5 shooting works for me. I ll rather have him shooting efficiently midrange and going to the rim then shooting  3s which isnt his game really. Hitting a three occassionally is a nice bonus though.

• Like 2

still trying to figure out if this high FG is a mirage or no... huuuuge jump in his fantasy skill set if it's here to stay

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

still trying to figure out if this high FG is a mirage or no... huuuuge jump in his fantasy skill set if it's here to stay

I believe its sustainable.  He takes whatever the defense gives him, and his shot mechanics and improvement began last year, so it's more trend than fluke.

3 hours ago, pdids911 said:

36 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

I believe its sustainable.  He takes whatever the defense gives him, and his shot mechanics and improvement began last year, so it's more trend than fluke.

Second that.  It's just mid-range jumpers or around the rim.  3's only when wide open or necessary.  Me likey....

He is 4th IN THE LEAGUE at  field goals made off drives, behind only DeMar, Harden, and Jrue. Number 5 is Kawhi. In that group, he has the 2nd best FG% on drives, at 56.6%. Compare to Kawhi, the leader, at 58.6%. Harden is at 49.7%.

So he is elite at driving, and making a close shot or passing out. That's what's causing the FG% bump versus last year.

Is it sustainable? I think the key is he is NOT taking 3s, and instead, able to pass to a guy like LaVine or Lauri for that end of possession 3-point shot. Jrue puts up 3.1 3p attempts, Kawhi 2.5, and Dunn only 0.7. Last year he took 1.1 3p attempts, and his FG% suffered. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

To add more, his FG% on drives last year was 42%. So he went from 42% to 56.6% on drives. That is a huge change. 

Finally, his pass percentage after drives is way up, to 39% from 31.8%. So basically he is NOT taking the bad shots at the end of drives, and instead, has figured out how to pass out of trouble.

And in case you think it's not sustainable, the trend within the season is that he has gotten even better. In the last 5 games, he hit 57.9% of his drives, and passed after 41.5% of his drives. 

So he is getting better. Maybe this Boylen guy knows what he is doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

No, Boylen has no idea what he's doing, he is the worst coach in professional or college basketball.  Dunn worked his tail off, that's what happened.

• Thanks 1

I moved him for Gallinari as I decided my team needs points, threes and ft percentage more than assists and steals.

I still think Dunn is a great player who will only get better this season. As an added bonus to owning him his elite dimes and steals make him a very valuable trade chip, as probably over half the teams in my league (which typically isn’t very active in trades) contacted me about wanting Dunn.

Good luck ros Dunn owners! 

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Dunn is Done!

How is that?  One bad game?  I didn't see game but it looks like low minutes were probably due to the game being a blowout loss. 

It looked like he tweaked his ankle bad first half. It must have bothered him and we will see how it turns out overnight.

Just so I dont get banned.

At halftime - 4 points, 3 reb, 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks.   Could've had more.  Might be turning into one of those monster nights!

Amazing defense! The refs stole from him 2 steals with some unreal fouls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, montanski said:

Amazing defense! The refs stole from him 2 steals with some unreal fouls.

Yup, witnessed this. Dude has a mentality of a true point guard that prides his game on his effort on the defensive end. Should bode well for his FG% this season if he continues to play this way. Stocks incoming fosho

• Like 1

Got robbed.  Should have ended up with 5-6 steals, and got his hands on a few more that didn't bounce his way.  

• Like 1

Uhh. Ugly game from Done-Dunn. And against fantasy friendly Lakers. I guess Lonzo is too hard of a matchup.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

thinking about trading brogdon for this guy

: A Passive-Aggressive Misplaced AC Post

Edited by ellejamil
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

: A Passive-Aggressive Misplaced AC Post

I think it was nice try!:lol:

Just now, croydonfacelift said:

Dunn’s disappearing on offense last four games. Watched last, seemed pretty uninvolved, today is worse. Any ideas what’s going on? Bulls are hard to get a read on. 

A really bad team on a looong West Coast trip? Seems like a recipe for some bad performances...

• Like 1

Honestly this dude needs to drive to the basket and look for contact more often instead of being so passive

He's got no shot but his touch isn't bad and he's built like Bledsoe/Smart