DLove

Kris Dunn 2018-2019 Season Thread

Considering Lauri's absence was just extended into December, I'm doubting that the Bulls as an organization are going to rush Dunn or Portis back.  I'd imagine like Lauri, Dunn will remain out longer than the estimated timetable.  

15 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Considering Lauri's absence was just extended into December, I'm doubting that the Bulls as an organization are going to rush Dunn or Portis back.  I'd imagine like Lauri, Dunn will remain out longer than the estimated timetable.  

It really wasn't extended. Original timTimetable was 6-8 weeks. The 8 week mark would put him Dec 1st and that's 2 plus weeks from now. All coach was saying is that he's now looking more towards the original 8 week mark instead of the optimistic 6 that people were hoping for.  With maybe a few days beyond that since no need to rush.  

I was referring to Markkanen. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

5 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

It really wasn't extended. Original timTimetable was 6-8 weeks. The 8 week mark would put him Dec 1st and that's 2 plus weeks from now. All coach was saying is that he's now looking more towards the original 8 week mark instead of the optimistic 6 that people were hoping for.  With maybe a few days beyond that since no need to rush.  

Bring them back at the same time makes sense from a coaching perspective because they want to build chemistry between Dunn, Lauri, and Lavine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

It was "up to 2 months" starting on September 28th, and the updated timeline could extend that to December 10th.  The fact that it is now at best case the ceiling of his original timeline is not a good sign.  That and still having no updates on Dunn practicing doesn't excite me as a Dunn owner.  

2 hours ago, Kriggly said:

It was "up to 2 months" starting on September 28th, and the updated timeline could extend that to December 10th.  The fact that it is now at best case the ceiling of his original timeline is not a good sign.  That and still having no updates on Dunn practicing doesn't excite me as a Dunn owner.  

Understandable. Personally when someone is declared out for any lengthy period of time I always set my mind for the latter point of the time table so I won't set myself up for disappointment.  So at this point an extra 10 days isn't going to kill me. I am optimistic that this is just coach speak since he was asked twice within a 3 day period and is just fed up answering the question. With that said,  I'll raise my 1% concerned up to 2%.

• Like 2

I remember that beautiful stretch run he had last season, until he had that disastrous fall from his dunk.  He definitely would've been a nominee for waiver wire pickup of the year had it not been for that 

• Like 1

Will have been 4 weeks (timetable was projected at 4-6 weeks) next Tuesday, hopefully there's at least a progress update around then.

Killing me having this guy + Boogie, but couldn't bring myself to drop either.

HEY GUYS WOULD Y'ALL LIKE AN UPDATE !?

broken record in this thread today. IL and wait it out, if you don't have IL well I probably wouldn't have held him all this time. 

3 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

broken record in this thread today. IL and wait it out, if you don't have IL well I probably wouldn't have held him all this time. 

still holding. competitive 16 team deep league WITHOUT IL slot. hoooh * insert agony of waiting for nothing here *

11 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Well IT could also be on that list for many :O, so let's hear an update soon please!

14 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Dunn for the season

• Haha 1

Missed this two days ago, and from this thread it looks like others did too...

"Guard Kris Dunn (sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee) has not started running on the court. He was hurt at Dallas on Oct. 22 (Oct. 23, PHL time)."

Sad face.

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2018/11/13/elbow-injury-sidelines-bulls-markkanen-longer-expected-49751

10 minutes ago, billirving said:

Missed this two days ago, and from this thread it looks like others did too...

"Guard Kris Dunn (sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee) has not started running on the court. He was hurt at Dallas on Oct. 22 (Oct. 23, PHL time)."

Sad face.

https://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2018/11/13/elbow-injury-sidelines-bulls-markkanen-longer-expected-49751

Man, Aaron Rodgers was out there limping around first few weeks with linemen trying to destroy him and Dunn hasn't even started running yet!! No comparison obviously from playing QB and basketball being far more difficult on an injured knee, but just the fact he hasn't started running yet, is disappointing... I have Dunn (IR) and Lauri (just picked up from WW) and hanging on trying to ride the storm, I'm 3-1 currently, I'm trying to hold on!!

If Dunn truly is not running yet, it might not as big of a deal as you think. Maybe he isn’t supposed to be running yet.

Here is what a doctor said about rehab when KD sprained his MCL two years ago:

In the beginning, the focus is on bringing the swelling down, maintaining range of motion and cautiously starting to strengthen the muscles that support the knee — i.e. the quads and hamstrings. It’s also important to limit activities or movements that cause pain.

Activities slowly progress from balance exercises and light aerobic activities to more sport specific activities. If these are well-tolerated an athlete can resume play, usually with a knee brace.

Obviously, the timing of recovery can vary quite a bit from person to person. The sport specific activities phase I described above typically starts in the fifth or sixth week of recovery. The ideal time to return to play is when an athlete feels no pain and feels confident in performing sports specific activities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2018 at 3:05 PM, Starvela said:

Man, Aaron Rodgers was out there limping around first few weeks with linemen trying to destroy him and Dunn hasn't even started running yet!! No comparison obviously from playing QB and basketball being far more difficult on an injured knee, but just the fact he hasn't started running yet, is disappointing... I have Dunn (IR) and Lauri (just picked up from WW) and hanging on trying to ride the storm, I'm 3-1 currently, I'm trying to hold on!!

I think it's got more to do with the fact that NBA players are Ps and NFL players are not. 

I've seen countless NBA players get carried off the court for "contusions" AKA bruises. 

I've seen countless NFL players play through terrible injuries. 

1 hour ago, flippy said:

he better be worth it with all this wait

true