Members_Only_76

Moves that made or broke you this year?

On 7/31, I traded Kershaw/Murphy for Archer/Jo-Ram and it's hurting me badly so far, not much time left. 

On the flip side, before the above deal, I traded Doolittle for an injured Acuna and that has kept me in the running.

Any notable moves you made the pushed you one way or the other?

Edited by Members_Only_76

11 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Ray and Addison Russell for segura and morrow early on saved my season

Which side

I did NOT trade Snell and Flaherty or Buehler for Castillo (and some throw in second piece)

thank God!

• Like 3

Gave: Corbin/Cain

Received: Bundy/Stanton

Gave: Severino

Received: Story/Chapman

Gave: Goldschmidt

Received: Chapman

All trades made before June 1st and the team was wallowing in the middle of the standings. Ended up with the number 1 seed and won my division by 6 games with an overall record of 128-72-10

• Like 1

I dropped Zack Wheeler right before he started pitching like a SP1/2 

Drafting Darvish ahead of deGrom.....This without a doubt cost me first in my  12 team Roto league.  Currently in 3rd.  

Edited by beauso79

Yu in the 3rd round.  I could not resist a strikeout pitcher on one of the best teams. 

Made a lot of sweet pickups of SP after neglecting them in the draft.  One league got deGrom with #1 waiver spot.  Someone overreacted to him leaving a start in the 1st inning.  I don't think he even missed 1 start.  That helped me big time.

Seranthony Dominguez was completely worthless.  Had him on teams and he'd do nothing week after week.

One team I just missed the playoffs in, I had a pretty unfair schedule.  But my top draft picks rounds 2-6 were all busts.  C Gary Sanchez, 3B Josh Donaldson, OF Marcell Ozuna, SP Carlos Martinez, 3B/CI Miguel Sano.

Picked up David Price in another league, that was pretty nice.

Trading Harper for a haul including goldy right before harpers avg tanked and right before goldy caught fire.

Edited by LJJr
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Made a lot of sweet pickups of SP after neglecting them in the draft.  One league got deGrom with #1 waiver spot.  Someone overreacted to him leaving a start in the 1st inning.  I don't think he even missed 1 start.  That helped me big time.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Kept Domingo Santana at $16 and Brendan Rodgers at $15 in a keeper league..thinking Santana would still find a role in the Brewers OF and thinking Rodgers would be up sometime in the 2nd half and then have him for the next couple years.  Could have kept Tailon at $10 instead.  Still in the running so didn't break my team completely but mistakes I made.

Also spent half my FAAB on Greg Holland when he signed with the Cardinals and that was a total bleep show.

Good moves I made..drafted Eugenio Suarez at $16, Yates at $1, drafted Derek Holland as a reserve pick.

Trades...Brandon Belt, Matz, Gyorko for Inciarte, Marquez, Culberson...Inciarte stole maybe 1 base for me..but Marquez has been an ace.

Edited by murraygd13
  • Like 1

Adding Jesus Aguilar in all three of my leagues just before he started to make it so the Brewers were forced to give him regular AB's

Staying alert on the waiver wire in order to get: Zack Wheeler, Lorenzo Cain, Michael Brantley, German Marquez, and a bunch of closers (Osuna, Strop, Romo, etc.) 

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Yu in the 3rd round.  I could not resist a strikeout pitcher on one of the best teams. 

Yeah, I did the same......so irritating 

One league I picked up Flaherty, Eugenio Suarez and Price off Waivers to help anchor my pitching staff and put me into #1 seed.

I traded Eaton, Realmuto and peacock for Rizzo and Corey Dickerson very early. Picked up Markakis early to. Dickerson and Markakis helped carry my team pre ASB and Rizzo has carried it since. Finished 3rd regular season and wrapping up a round 1 win 

Traded my Ozzie Albies for his Goldschmidt at pretty much the perfect peak value and low value

Goldie has gone insane lol

• Like 4

I traded Sal Perez for Matt Carpenter in my OBP roto dynasty league when Carpenter was struggling.

I honestly didn't even think it was a very good deal at the time, but I had 2 good catchers (Perez/Posey) and needed infield help, and that was the most logical trade match I could find. Not only did it work out for me, but I'm in 1st and the other guy is in 2nd, and he dropped a slumping Gattis to make room for Sal.

• Like 1

May 23rd - I dealt Jed Lowrie + Yasmani Grandal for Paul Goldschmidt... This trade is my crown jewel, an almost perfect buy-low as Goldy basically started raking within like a few days/week after this deal.

I also made a solid trade the day right before this....

May 22nd - I dealt Cesar Hernandez for Nicholas Castellanos.

I was weak at 1st / 3rd (WMyers / JGallo) & stacked at 2b with Cesar Hernandez, Jed Lowrie & Javy Baez (plus i had WContreras + YGrandal at Catcher). Thank god I held onto Baez, as the Castellanos owner wanted Baez first but I talked him into Cesar. Even though Lowrie & Grandal have turned in solid seasons overall, I had them at their peak & basically flipped them on cue, plus it was Goldschmidt's lowest BA of the season at like .200 

Edited by metropolitans
  • Like 1

Worst moves:

Coming away with zero shares of Lindor but multiple shares of Correa despite being really high on Lindor preseason. I should’ve listened to my gut instead of following other people’s rankings.

Spending 2 years in a row with tons of Greg Bird shares. Fool me once....

Dropping Suarez after his hand injury thinking he’d come back with his power sapped. Oof.

Keeping Zach Godley in my starting lineup while he puts up turd after turd to start the year. Then rage dropping and watch him pitch like a cy young winner in someone else’s lineup.

Spending too much time on DFS. I basically played it all season for my first time and broke even. Meanwhile this will be my least profitable season with season long leagues and I’m attributing a lot of it to not paying enough attention to those teams.

( h2h PTs keeper league (5) with 7 SP weekly limits)

Keeper decision:

lindor, betts, goldy, kluber, sherzer 

Top trades this year:

Cueto and Bumgarner for Kershaw and Happ

Jose Martnez and Eaton for

Matt Carpenter and Kyle Seager 

Lester for Turner and Eaton

Morton and Archer for Machado

Top pickups:

flaherty, Buehler, Wood, Rosario, hicks

Top draft picks

-benitendi, Murphy, ramos