Members_Only_76

Moves that made or broke you this year?

Looking back on my draft, it's actually incredible how badly I ****** it up and still managed to make the playoffs (I feel like I'm a longshot to win it all still, but in h2h you're never out of it). 

I managed to miss on 3 of my first 4 picks - Mookie, Bryant, Donaldson, Seager

And 5 of my first 7 - Mookie, Bryant, Donaldson, Seager, Benintendi, Pollock, Murphy

I went hitter heavy on my first bunch of picks, and didn't grab a pitcher until round 9 (MadBum). But was able to shore up my pitchers throughout the season through a series of of WW pickups (Flaherty, Buehler) and buy lows, some of which worked out better than other (*cough* Yu Darvish *cough*), and also developed easily the strongest SB, Runs and .AVG team in my league (thanks in no small part to the Sox duo of Mookie and Benintendi, not to mention Whit Merrifield and Lorenzo Cain). My team is not gonna win the sexiest team award anytime soon, but the team that hoists the trophy doesn't necessarily have to be the sexiest team. Here's hoping.

Edited by atrium

Shortly after Corey Seager was ruled out for the year I moved Andrew Benitendi and Kris Bryant for Alex Bregman and Francisco Lindor. I thought I was overpaying for MI coverage but it obviously made my season. 

Preseason - for around the  same price I kept Myers instead of Carlos Martinez, dealt C Mart for Tajuan Walker - 

Then I did the baseball equivalent of crossing streams, I started trading for NL West guys not on the Pads, in one trade I gave Goldy after his slow start to improve my catcher and closer situation with Posey and Kimbrel, Posey stunk.  I made another couple of trades for Dodgers Kershaw and Seager, both of whom were injured just days after the trade.   Thankfully one trade where I was essentially giving Bregman away was not accepted. 

When injuries hit I was able to move my high priced non keepers for solid core going into 19 - maybe my best freeze core ever, so all was not lost

In my h2h, trading away Dozier getting Yelich in April really made my offence complete.

in my roto, trading away Conforto+Castillo for EE in April again. Really helped climb the ladder in RBI.

I offered Flaherty and Bueuler  for Castillo  b4 our draft and he turn me down flat he wanted Snell. In my defense we only get to keep 30 players out of 40 and  and didn't  want to cut them. So I kept both the rest is history.

• Like 1

Picking up Kyle Freeland off waivers early on. Dude has been a pivotal part of my pitching staff. Also scooping up Haniger as a FA in the first week of April. 

Picked up Adalberto Mondesi in all my playoffs leagues. He's a top 20 player for the last 2 weeks.

Picked up Trevor Williams during the year. He got absolutely annihilated. Then I got rid of him. Then he became Cy Young. Grr... However, I also picked up Zack Wheeler when he was turning things around. It has been an extreme year for me.

On September 8, 2018 at 1:28 PM, LJJr said:

I had one team that I absolutely killed the draft on.  I had no bad picks, drafted all of:  goldschmidt, bregman, machado, grandal, Bellinger, acuna and Albies.  On the pitching side:  degrom, Mikolas, Bauer, Corbin, Nola, treinen, boxberger, Vazquez

then I grabbed Soto, yates, Holland and Tim Anderson off the wire.

had a good year

I drafted Mikolas too, just for laughs. Little did I know... 

I am in a battle for third place.

Dropped Matt Olson last week. My opponent this week picked him up. He won HR and OPS for him. f--- Matt Olson. 

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 2

Traded Sal Perez for Zunino and draft picks! Rolled with Cervelli and got beat round one, lost by 2 RBI. ???

30 team keeper league

A good early season trade for me:

Domingo Santana for Andrew Heaney

A bad late season trade, when I "thought" I was a seller but my team made our playoffs anyway:

Whit Merrifield for Dustin Fowler and Jahmai Jones

Right before the season started I traded Kris Bryant, Luis Castillo, Greg Holland, and Dee Gordon FOR Jose Ramirez, Charlie Morton, Blake Treinen, and Whit Merrifield. The guy basically forced me into it too, I really just wanted JoRam and I thought I was way overpaying. Easily the best trade of my fantasy career, and it was sort of an accident lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saucy said:

Right before the season started I traded Kris Bryant, Luis Castillo, Greg Holland, and Dee Gordon FOR Jose Ramirez, Charlie Morton, Blake Treinen, and Whit Merrifield. The guy basically forced me into it too, I really just wanted JoRam and I thought I was way overpaying. Easily the best trade of my fantasy career, and it was sort of an accident lol.

Lmao. Where did he end up placing?

1 minute ago, atrium said:

Lmao. Where did he end up placing?

4th out of 12. I don't know how... without that catastrophic deal he'd have won easily. He drafted Story, Baez, Suarez, Yelich, and Scherzer and picked up Matt Chapman, Muncy, and Mondesi. He's a really good owner, probably the best in our league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saucy said:

4th out of 12. I don't know how... without that catastrophic deal he'd have won easily. He drafted Story, Baez, Suarez, Yelich, and Scherzer and picked up Matt Chapman, Muncy, and Mondesi. He's a really good owner, probably the best in our league.

Nice recovery... still, he got hosed.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

giphy.gif

might sound like your league is a weird anomaly, but I had a similar experience. 

in a $50 league someone dropped Gerrit Cole within the first few weeks (I don't even think he was pitching poorly)

such an inexcusable move, and the most stacked team happened to have the highest waiver claim. 

I put a passive-aggressive message in the chat, then pouted silently in the corner and pretty much checked out of that league, aside from setting my lineup each week. 

you'll never guess who is going to win 1st place. 

Edited by RotoBird

The good: picked up Mondesi last week, and lucked into grabbing Soto earlier in the year.  Without them I would have lost for sure last week.

The bad:  I dropped Ozuna (a keeper) the day before he hit 2 HR and went on a tear a few weeks ago and it could come back to bite me.

Trading Matt Olson for Kyle Schwarber. Back in July, I considered both to be about the same. Guy offered Schwarber so I just accepted...lateral move but whatever.

Lost my playoff matchup 6-4, 5x5 scoring. RBIs, I lost 30-28. Thought Schwarber would come back last week but he never did. Olson had 6 RBIs last week...

I wouldve won RBIs category and be tied 5-5 with me owning the tiebreaker...

Olson lead me to a championship last year; kept him as a keeper...guess I shouldve stuck with him.

Edited by Gryfter

Assembled the dirtiest pitching staff and batters that don't take walks. I'm undefeated in runs and total bases this year and my ERA and WHIP are ~2 and 1 every week with a 10+ K/9. 

Yelich and Baez carry my offense.