FantasyBallFan

Damian Lillard 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Dame Dolla... 28.6 ppg after the break. Sustainable? Or are we looking for another season around 25-26

 

Addition of Seth wont make a difference, otherwise much of the same for the blazers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Dame Dolla... 28.6 ppg after the break. Sustainable? Or are we looking for another season around 25-26

 

Addition of Seth wont make a difference, otherwise much of the same for the blazers

 

I think it’s sustainable for sure, the team really hasn’t changed imo despite the roster tweaks and he just turned 28 entering year 7 so he’s definitely in his prime if anything still with a slight room for the improvements he has shown between pretty much every season. He had a slight uptick in FT% last season which could normalize but he also had his second worst 3PT% last season so logically that should normalize as well which would basically even out. I would be surprised if his PPG drop by more than 1-1.5ppg and wouldn’t be surprised if he could even get up to 29-29.5ppg if he stays healthy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a chance that the Blazers may trade CJ McCollum. That backcourt combo has never won anything. Not their fault of course but it may be time to break it up and try something else. It could be Wade Baldwin 's time to shine. Yes Wade Baldwin..........More shots for Lillard. He could lead the league in scoring. Maybe 30 ppg?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dino10k said:

There is a chance that the Blazers may trade CJ McCollum. That backcourt combo has never won anything. Not their fault of course but it may be time to break it up and try something else. It could be Wade Baldwin 's time to shine. Yes Wade Baldwin..........More shots for Lillard. He could lead the league in scoring. Maybe 30 ppg?

If they didn’t trade him this offseason I dont see a way he gets dealt mid season. This team will definitely be in the playoff hunt by time the deadline rolls around.

 

Realistically, if CJ gets dealt it would be next off season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dino10k said:

There is a chance that the Blazers may trade CJ McCollum. That backcourt combo has never won anything. Not their fault of course but it may be time to break it up and try something else. It could be Wade Baldwin 's time to shine. Yes Wade Baldwin..........More shots for Lillard. He could lead the league in scoring. Maybe 30 ppg?

 

Almost definitely wont happen unless they start like 5-20, and Dame has been consistently good enough to drag his team to positive records despite the lack of talent around him. But him averaging 30+ ppg would definitely be fun

Edited by Boogie Buckets
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really a Dame fan, but this guy is for real.  Every year he has gotten better.  He's also a winner despite being not that great a defender.  The Blazers are constructed quite strangely, with too many glaring holes.  Tough competitor and quite possible he scores even more this season, but with two gunners at the helm it just feels very unbalanced for the rest of the team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theantishere said:

First time owning Dame. Really high on him this year as I have him 6 or 7th on my board, so I was ecstatic to get him at 11. 

 

Well enjoy owning him... :) 

Dame DOLLA always starts season on a high note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

 

Well enjoy owning him... :) 

Dame DOLLA always starts season on a high note.

And make sure you have him for the 2nd half of the season, he always produces better after he gets snubbed from the All Star game haha!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

And make sure you have him for the 2nd half of the season, he always produces better after he gets snubbed from the All Star game haha!

 

Ahahaha yeah :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing in 10 money leagues and I have him in 6 of my leagues, can’t complain when I have 10/11/12th pick and he falls to me every draft. Expecting a phenomenal year playing more off ball from Dame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

I’m playing in 10 money leagues and I have him in 6 of my leagues, can’t complain when I have 10/11/12th pick and he falls to me every draft. Expecting a phenomenal year playing more off ball from Dame!

 

Lillard/Gobert seems like a pretty common  and nice 1-2 punch for those playing in 8-9 catH2H. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually ended up with dame/kawhi on one of the last pick and dame/ embidd on most, was able to snag Capella on late third as well in two leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dame’s stats played as an off ball SG type player are monstrous, would be good to see the Blazers abusing that more now that they have some ball handlers alongside him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Dame’s stats played as an off ball SG type player are monstrous, would be good to see the Blazers abusing that more now that they have some ball handlers alongside him

Hey man! Any chance you can put those stats in this thread? Im curious as to what they are as i have Dame in my competitive league!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Hey man! Any chance you can put those stats in this thread? Im curious as to what they are as i have Dame in my competitive league!

 

I can try find them but might be hard, I saw them a while ago on a Trailblazers forum when I was thinking about how well he and LeBron would play together (in Portland ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the most reliable players, you know what you are getting, a really durable never injured player who will be producing like he always does with occasional ourbursts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

 

I can try find them but might be hard, I saw them a while ago on a Trailblazers forum when I was thinking about how well he and LeBron would play together (in Portland ;))

No stress mate. Just cause you said monstrous, i got really excited cause usually when you go off ball you lose stats so i was curious thats all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same thing that Jokic's topic.

 

i have 9th pick -14 teams h2h 9 cat league. (%3pts instead of nbr 3pts)

maybe with Lilliard punt rebunds.

 

so with pick 9 lilliard, pick 20 butler or holiday? 37th bledsoe ( injury's problem) or derozan ?

i have difficulties to build my team with Lilliard.

 

you can put on your team with Lilliard here, as in jokic's topic.

 

thanks you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like such an insane idea that you pigeon hole yourself into a specific punt build based on your first pick. In the case of Dame, he gives you elite points, FT%. In your 3% Dame is just decent. I don't play that league setting, but his high volume in 3's might not be awesome. Going to defer to you on what the overall target 3% is and then you decide how good Dame is at that cat. 


Dame gives you a base in boards, assists. Not amazing, but contributes fine for a guard. His steals are not close to elite. Blocks are whatever and will be dictated by your bigs selections. And his FG% isn't good. 

 

So my advice to you if you want to punt is to be open minded about what falls to you in the second. If you don't get a good source of steals, start down that path. Or start down the path of punt FG% if that value presents itself. Basically, wherever the value presents itself to punt a category Dame isn't strong in then start down that route. But, rebounds isn't the first thing that comes to mind to punt with Dame. Just going quick on BBM, Dame was 20 out of guards in boards. I would call that a categorical advantage and not a "punt". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

lillard and embiid

All my mock drafts, embiid already taken for my 20th pick...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

It seems like such an insane idea that you pigeon hole yourself into a specific punt build based on your first pick. In the case of Dame, he gives you elite points, FT%. In your 3% Dame is just decent. I don't play that league setting, but his high volume in 3's might not be awesome. Going to defer to you on what the overall target 3% is and then you decide how good Dame is at that cat. 


Dame gives you a base in boards, assists. Not amazing, but contributes fine for a guard. His steals are not close to elite. Blocks are whatever and will be dictated by your bigs selections. And his FG% isn't good. 

 

So my advice to you if you want to punt is to be open minded about what falls to you in the second. If you don't get a good source of steals, start down that path. Or start down the path of punt FG% if that value presents itself. Basically, wherever the value presents itself to punt a category Dame isn't strong in then start down that route. But, rebounds isn't the first thing that comes to mind to punt with Dame. Just going quick on BBM, Dame was 20 out of guards in boards. I would call that a categorical advantage and not a "punt". 

Yes i understand. 

Who do you advice for 2nd and 3th round ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, theantishere said:

First time owning Dame. Really high on him this year as I have him 6 or 7th on my board, so I was ecstatic to get him at 11. 

I got him at pick 12 :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...