mjagger42

Game Day Weather 2018

3 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Ugh...Brandin Cooks? Are we overreacting?

I hope so.  I’m starting him and Woods.  Seriously though if they want Gurley to have any room they’ll still have to throw the ball some.   Just maybe a few less deep shots than usual.  

12 minutes ago, konstao said:

Not sure that it matters too much if it is supposed to stop snowing before kick off. The fields drain well and will be cleared off. 

The cold is still a factor and the "track" won't be fast which explains why the over/under went from 52 to 50, but that's still a pretty high scoring game. 

Even if the snow isn’t bad by Denver standards, the cold could definitely affect a QB like Goff who isn’t used to that kind of weather

Would the snow in Denver cause you to look elsewhere for a kicker? Was thinking of picking up Santos this morning. How is it kicking a rock of a football in 20 degree weather?

• Like 1

The amount of times I've taken Kupp out and then put him back in... 

I'm legit scared of this snow lol Maybe I'm overselling it. Just doesn't look good out there. And I'd imagine that kind of cold can throw Goff off a bit. 

Might be the Gurley show. 

22 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

The amount of times I've taken Kupp out and then put him back in... 

I'm legit scared of this snow lol Maybe I'm overselling it. Just doesn't look good out there. And I'd imagine that kind of cold can throw Goff off a bit. 

Might be the Gurley show. 

Yup it’s Gurley time

31 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Would you not start a kicker in the Denver - Rams game now because of the weather?

I wouldn’t

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

The snow is starting to accumulate a little more now. Gonna be a cold one that’s for sure

Earlier you wrote it was looking ok .. 

I have the cooks fever, what would you suggest

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Would the snow in Denver cause you to look elsewhere for a kicker? Was thinking of picking up Santos this morning. How is it kicking a rock of a football in 20 degree weather?

Everything I looked at regarding it seems to suggest looking elsewhere.  Impacts to the air inside the ball, a reduction on the ‘touch’ of the foot due to the cold, impacts on the stride needed to get to the ball and potential for slipping, reduced range, etc.   I dumped Santos for Parkey, we’ll see how it shakes out.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Earlier you wrote it was looking ok .. 

I have the cooks fever, what would you suggest

It was supposed to have started snowing around midnight so I was surprised when waking up this morning. I have no recommendations (either way) for any player in this game, it’s just so unpredictable 

Edited by lolcopter

19 minutes ago, warpster said:

what about Sanders? anyone taking him out because of weather?

I pulled him for Boyd.  I like the Pit/Cin matchup better anyways being high scoring.

Also in the same boat with kicker. Dropped Santos and grabbed Bailey

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Would you not start a kicker in the Denver - Rams game now because of the weather?

I drop my kicker every week and pick up whichever available kicker is kicking in a domed stadium using team over/under as the tie breaker if there are multiple options. The more points scored in a game, the more kicker points usually. With kickers, it’s the wind more than the rain/snow/cold that hurts them. In a dome you don’t have to worry about any of these factors and no kickers are worth riding out games in poor conditions to keep them all year long imo. 

What is up with the weather in Cleveland, they said could be windy. Anyone know. Debating between DT and Landry.

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

What is up with the weather in Cleveland, they said could be windy. Anyone know. Debating between DT and Landry.

9mph winds 1-4 pm with 0% chance of rain. Not enough to make a significant impact. 

I can’t bench a kicker on arguably the top offense in the league. Plus Santos has kicked in Denver before and knows how to deal with the cold

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Vance Joseph finally leans heavily on Lindsay and maybe even Freeman in a game with horrible weather conditions.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Is that bad that i need to bench Santos and pick up Gould?

NM:  league doesn't clear process waivers on monday, guess im stuck

did it stop snowing

4 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Is that bad that i need to bench Santos and pick up Gould?

NM:  league doesn't clear process waivers on monday, guess im stuck

did it stop snowing

What kind of platform doesn't allow you to make last minute adds and drops up until game time?  Yikes.

I'm avoiding any kickers in snow.  

• Like 1