Sign in to follow this  
Del Rio

2018-2019 Yahoo! Pre-Draft Rankings

On 9/13/2018 at 5:12 PM, richg24 said:

7. Wiggins - trash should be a DND for everyone with the knowledge we have that the wolves don't like or respect him. 

8. FVF - trash also will not do anything in fantasy even though solid real life role player

Great post...just two things...

1. Man I wish the Wolves didn't like nor respect me...I too would be loaded to the tooth

2. Watch what you say about my boy FVF ;) (but I agree much better Real-lifer than fantasy)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 8th Leo said:

:blink:You rank Kuzma & B.Ingram at 5th round?

I would pick Kuzma at the end of the 5th round. As for Ingram i expect him to return close to 5th round value this year.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dekciw_1 said:

I would pick Kuzma at the end of the 5th round. As for Ingram i expect him to return close to 5th round value this year.

Ingram was the 170th ranked player in 9 cat last year, and 1/3 of his value came from the assists, which will disappear with Rondo and Lebron in town.. not sure how he can be a top 50-60 player. 

Same for Kuzma who was 119th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, battaginlemon said:

Ingram was the 170th ranked player in 9 cat last year, and 1/3 of his value came from the assists, which will disappear with Rondo and Lebron in town.. not sure how he can be a top 50-60 player. 

Same for Kuzma who was 119th.

Yes sir.

Dragic was also 103rd and Howard was 150th.

Edited by dekciw_1

All the centers I was grabbing between rounds 4-9 a week ago are now going in the top 50, lol. I have to grab Bell where I used to grab Allen and Ayton

3 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Yuck. 

2 minutes ago, Judicious said:

All the centers I was grabbing between rounds 4-9 a week ago are now going in the top 50, lol. I have to grab Bell where I used to grab Allen and Ayton

Are you picking alone in mocks?

On 9/12/2018 at 5:31 PM, dekciw_1 said:

When hou intentionally punt categories then you dont have a balanced team, thats actually the complete opposite of a balanced team.

With the mentioned picks/players you are not only punting assists,  you are also weak on steals, average on points.

With that pattern you are not winning my friend.

You don't know what you're talking about. I've made many punt assists teams and I am normally top of the league in steals. You can make a punt-assist team that is great at FG%/FT%/REB/STL/BLK turnovers while being decent (middle of the pack or slightly higher) in PPG. I start with either AD/KD/Giannis/Towns and partner them with a combination of Butler/Bledsoe/Jrue/Josh Richardson/ Dunn/Murray/Kyle Anderson/Ariza/Jerami Grant which are all obtainable if you're smart at drafting. If you go with Giannis you don't even need to tank assists in this build (your stocks will suffer). It's better to be elite at 5 of 9 categories than to be mediocre in 9 of the 9 and I have like a decade of experience and multiple diamond tier accounts to prove it. 

3 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Are you picking alone in mocks?

I've drafted at least 40 unique teams so far and my results have been consistent. And most of them have been quality enough to not burn a 5th round pick on a 2-3 category player like Kuzma. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Judicious said:

I've drafted at least 40 unique teams so far and my results have been consistent. And most of them have been quality enough to not burn a 5th round pick on a 2-3 category player like Kuzma. 

How do you rate your draft results when the NBA hasnt even started yet? 

1 minute ago, dekciw_1 said:

How do you rate your draft results when the NBA hasnt even started yet? 

I'm clearly referring to the position where I was drafting my players that led to you quipping about me "mock drafting alone". Try to keep up. 

2 hours ago, Judicious said:

You don't know what you're talking about. I've made many punt assists teams and I am normally top of the league in steals. You can make a punt-assist team that is great at FG%/FT%/REB/STL/BLK turnovers while being decent (middle of the pack or slightly higher) in PPG. I start with either AD/KD/Giannis/Towns and partner them with a combination of Butler/Bledsoe/Jrue/Josh Richardson/ Dunn/Murray/Kyle Anderson/Ariza/Jerami Grant which are all obtainable if you're smart at drafting. If you go with Giannis you don't even need to tank assists in this build (your stocks will suffer). It's better to be elite at 5 of 9 categories than to be mediocre in 9 of the 9 and I have like a decade of experience and multiple diamond tier accounts to prove it. 

12 teamer 5th pick

thought I was real weak in pts and threes but was in the top half of both (according to yahoo projections)

1. Karl-Anthony Towns (Min - C)
2. Jimmy Butler (Min - SG,SF)
3. Otto Porter Jr. (Was - SF,PF)
4. Jarrett Allen (Bkn - PF,C)
5. Josh Richardson (Mia - PG,SG)
6. Jonas Valanciunas (Tor - C)
7. Buddy Hield (Sac - SG)
8. Andrew Wiggins (Min - SG,SF)
9. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (LAL - SG,SF)
10. Willie Cauley-Stein (Sac - PF,C)
11. Tyler Johnson (Mia - PG,SG)
12. Kelly Oubre Jr. (Was - SF)
13. Derrick Favors (Uta - PF,C) 

what this guy is saying. you cant be strong in all 9 cat after the draft. hell you cant be strong in 8 categories after the draft. you should be strong in 5-6 cats and decent in the other couple (even  when you are punting)

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

12 teamer 5th pick

thought I was real weak in pts and threes but was in the top half of both (according to yahoo projections)

1. Karl-Anthony Towns (Min - C)
2. Jimmy Butler (Min - SG,SF)
3. Otto Porter Jr. (Was - SF,PF)
4. Jarrett Allen (Bkn - PF,C)
5. Josh Richardson (Mia - PG,SG)
6. Jonas Valanciunas (Tor - C)
7. Buddy Hield (Sac - SG)
8. Andrew Wiggins (Min - SG,SF)
9. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (LAL - SG,SF)
10. Willie Cauley-Stein (Sac - PF,C)
11. Tyler Johnson (Mia - PG,SG)
12. Kelly Oubre Jr. (Was - SF)
13. Derrick Favors (Uta - PF,C) 

what this guy is saying. you cant be strong in all 9 cat after the draft. hell you cant be strong in 8 categories after the draft. you should be strong in 5-6 cats and decent in the other couple (even  when you are punting)

I don't disagree with this, but I believe you can definitely afford to be abysmal is one or two categories. 

I'm in a 12-team roto league and Yahoo's pre-draft rankings are wacked. John Collins at #36 and John Wall at #49. D'Angelo Russel is at 193. Jabari Parker is 55 spots below Larry Nance JR. Dennis Smith Jr. at 165. I could go on.  

2 minutes ago, BLUHMINATOR said:

I'm in a 12-team roto league and Yahoo's pre-draft rankings are wacked. John Collins at #36 and John Wall at #49. D'Angelo Russel is at 193. Jabari Parker is 55 spots below Larry Nance JR. Dennis Smith Jr. at 165. I could go on.  

Not sure what you are looking. Yahoo has the following preranks for the players you mentioned

Collins-45

Wall- 24

Russell- 93

Parker- 114

Smith- 86

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Not sure what you are looking. Yahoo has the following preranks for the players you mentioned

Collins-45

Wall- 24

Russell- 93

Parker- 114

Smith- 86

playerlist --> remaining games(proj) --> sorted by "current"

I dont know the meaning of these ranks though :unsure:

5 hours ago, BLUHMINATOR said:

Rankings based on gut-feeling and pure numbers could be totally different. 

FB-Ninja's Projection:

Collins -44

Wall - 29

Russell - 156

Nance - 53

Parker- 75

Smith- 162

My Projection (also based on calculations):

Collins -38

Wall - 45

Russell - 119

Nance - 65

Parker- 117

Smith- 174

E.g. FB-Ninja projects Nance only plays 23.5min (mine 24) yet he ranks much higher than J. Parker (FB-Ninja projects 30 min, mine 28). It's simply because Nance provides significant values at FG%, Reb, Stl and TO already while Parker only gives you Pt.

Edited by littlesamtung

16 minutes ago, Gblyumi1 said:

What website has the most accurate rankings? 

I would say BBM but we actually don’t know.  Fantasy basketball isn’t a solved game and if it were no one would play it.  The only thing that can be said is which site most closely conforms to my expectations and that’s BBM.  Espn and yahoo are trash.  Also, Josh Lloyd is the head honcho at BBM and Mike Gallagher is at RotoWorld and both have podcasts and Lloyd has a YouTube channel.  Lloyd’s personality is a little annoying as he’s too jokey for my tastes but is 10X better at fantasy basketball imo.  In fairness Gallagher has a play style that differs from my own so maybe I’m not giving him enough credit.  But if you really want to improve listen to Lloyd’s podcasts or YouTube channel for free (never pay for any fantasy basketball content imo).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Helo Guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion about my draft picks in league draft which was couple of days ago. It's a 9 CAT H2H yahoo league with 10 teams. I drafted in 8th position and here are my first 10 picks: 

1.    (8)    Nikola Jokic (Den - PF,C)
2.    (13)    Victor Oladipo (Ind - PG,SG)
3.    (28)    Donovan Mitchell (Uta - PG,SG)
4.    (33)    Myles Turner (Ind - PF,C)
5.    (48)    Otto Porter Jr. (Was - SF,PF)
6.    (53)    Eric Bledsoe (Mil - PG,SG)
7.    (68)    Nikola Mirotic (NO - SF,PF)
8.    (73)    Josh Richardson (Mia - PG,SG)
9.    (88)    Dario Saric (Phi - PF,C)
10.    (93)    Kyle Anderson (Mem - SG,SF)

Maybe it not looks good on paper, but I believe I stole some good players in later picks. What is your opinion? Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, naidze said:

Helo Guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion about my draft picks in league draft which was couple of days ago. It's a 9 CAT H2H yahoo league with 10 teams. I drafted in 8th position and here are my first 10 picks: 

Maybe it not looks good on paper, but I believe I stole some good players in later picks. What is your opinion? Thanks. 

Pretty good but not overwhelmingly good. Certainly you could have gotten someone better than Turner at 33. He’s really your only shot blocker and given that Jokic blocks so few shots I probably would have punted blocks in your shoes. Some of the players you mentioned as being steals were draft at their value imo (Mirotic, Saric, Anderson).  Overall you got some good value, some players at their value, and reached for Turner so I would give it a “B”.  

1 hour ago, naidze said:

Helo Guys,

Please team name Novak JokicVic

5 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I would say BBM but we actually don’t know.  Fantasy basketball isn’t a solved game and if it were no one would play it.  The only thing that can be said is which site most closely conforms to my expectations and that’s BBM.  Espn and yahoo are trash.  Also, Josh Lloyd is the head honcho at BBM and Mike Gallagher is at RotoWorld and both have podcasts and Lloyd has a YouTube channel.  Lloyd’s personality is a little annoying as he’s too jokey for my tastes but is 10X better at fantasy basketball imo.  In fairness Gallagher has a play style that differs from my own so maybe I’m not giving him enough credit.  But if you really want to improve listen to Lloyd’s podcasts or YouTube channel for free (never pay for any fantasy basketball content imo).  

Lloyd annoys me because his mug dominates the fantasy basketball youtube space I'm trying to grow in, but the guy is good at what he does. 

• Like 1