Nyblazer11235

Week 1 Waiver Wire Thread

1 hour ago, Jaw1 said:

I think the move might be hold your waiver slot to pickup the guys that other teams drop prematurely. Brandon Marshall is probably the most intriguing for me if Baldwin will miss time since Lockett is small and a vertical threat so Marshall would better fill the role of a prototypical WR1. I wonder if they'd consider Dez if Baldwin misses significant time, unlike Marshall I think he still has something left in the tank. 

I thought Marshall was done .... like not in the league and enjoying retirement until I saw someone else draft him so I obviously don’t own him but he looked good out there.  I think he’s going to be a solid contributor all season. He’s Russell’s top redzone target. I can admit I totally missed on this one cause as mentioned he’ll be a factor. He looked completely washed last year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

For TE, how far away is Vance M. from returning?  Is he a good stash?

An often injured veteran entering his 6th year that’s never reached 400 yards in a season and will be splitting snaps with Jesse James. Pass.

• Like 1

How much Faab are people going to spend...

Edited by phatrat
Post these types of questions here. Thanks!
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Dissly? 

Not confident on that one though..

Even though the TE landscape is rough right now I’d have a hard time burning a waiver on this guy. Fools gold imo

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Even though the TE landscape is rough right now I’d have a hard time burning a waiver on this guy. Fools gold imo

Yeah.  I think one year that long haired dude Luke Willson had a decent game for the Seahawks and everybody thought he was going to become a thing.  Obviously not.

Why is everyone so excited?  He caught 3 of 5 targets and had that one long TD run.  I suppose though with how a bunch of everyone else looked, I could see the interest if you are desperate.

Edited by CooL

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Dissly? 

Not confident on that one though..

maybe if you lost delanie but otherwise i wouldn't.  he only had 3 catches.  volume doesn't indicate he is going to be a big scorer.

Good names so far in this thread. Kittle and Ekeler for me.

Lots of good names being thrown out.

I would love to see a breakdown for the last few years on when the best time to put in waiver claims is. I'd have to think you have the best opportunity to land an impact guy the first few weeks but maybe that's foolish

12 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

I thought Marshall was done .... like not in the league and enjoying retirement until I saw someone else draft him so I obviously don’t own him but he looked good out there.  I think he’s going to be a solid contributor all season. He’s Russell’s top redzone target. I can admit I totally missed on this one cause as mentioned he’ll be a factor. He looked completely washed last year.

But Marshall can barely get separation from DBs.

3 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

Most of his stats came from 4th Q, garbage time.

When has garbage time stats ever been a bad thing in FF?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UFGator said:

When has garbage time stats ever been a bad thing in FF?

Never, but if you're basing his success on garbage time then its not worth a waiver pick up, no?

• Like 1

Quincy Enunwa is worth a look before tonight's games.  He was projected to be their WR1 before he got hurt last preseason.   That offense will be throwing a lot and there are targets to be had behind Robby Anderson.

• Like 1

Wonder if B. Marshall will have a year similar to Graham's from last year, where he just becomes that dependable guy in the red zone (with sub par yardage).

8 minutes ago, Lockout King said:

Never, but if you're basing his success on garbage time then its not worth a waiver pick up, no?

I definitely agree but Mike Williams was a top 10 draft pick and his potential is thru the roof.  I think this will be his breakout season with or without garbage time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayhova123 said:

Lots of good names being thrown out.

I would love to see a breakdown for the last few years on when the best time to put in waiver claims is. I'd have to think you have the best opportunity to land an impact guy the first few weeks but maybe that's foolish

Breakdown?  The best time to land an impact guy is when it happens.  That may take patience as to when it happens.  

I'm in the same boat and don't see anyone out there worth burning my #1 waiver pick on at this time.  

• Like 1

It would be cool to have some type of ranking system for waiver wire threads.

i.e. "Must Adds".. "Must Drops"" etc. like the blogs do.