iowncrazyhair

Devin Booker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Devin Booker will have right hand surgery on Monday and will be out indefinitely, according to John Gambadoro.
Booker is "likely to miss the start of training camp," according to the report from Arizona Sports. He jammed his hand back on Mar. 14 and wound up missing the final 12 games of the regular season. Presumably the initial diagnosis was that he'd heal fully with enough rest, but obviously that didn't suffice with surgery pending mere weeks before camp. There's no indication that he could miss regular-season games, however, and this shouldn't impact Booker's fantasy outlook. Sep 9 - 7:51 PM

It will be interesting to see who they trade for, if anyone...

Candidates / flyers that could have a huge boost in value...

Tyus Jones

Pat Bev

Delon Wright

OR do they start Melton or Shaq Harrison purely for defensive purposes, and let Booker and Jackson facilitate?

2 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

It will be interesting to see who they trade for, if anyone...

Candidates / flyers that could have a huge boost in value...

Tyus Jones

Pat Bev

Delon Wright

OR do they start Melton or Shaq Harrison purely for defensive purposes, and let Booker and Jackson facilitate?

I think Spencer Dinwiddie was another one who was reported on who would be interesting. I heard someone else mention Damian Lillard but I don't think there was actually any merit to that one. Utah should send them Dante Exum before one of limbs flies into the crowd mid-drive. Personally I think TJ McConnell would be a fun one to see go back to AZ and finally be able to run a team, I think he's the most underrated back-up PG currently, but then again I'm a biased 76ers fan so don't listen to me there. 

Also, I don't think letting Booker act as an actual full-time PG will go well  at all in terms of actual team success, I just don't see it personally. Josh Jackson even less so.

• Haha 2

This dude's a drain on FG% and now he's having surgery on his shooting hand 5 weeks before the start of the season....the defense stats haven't been there either. 

I want to believe he will one day be great for fantasy but I'm likely going to have to pass again this season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

This dude's a drain on FG% and now he's having surgery on his shooting hand 5 weeks before the start of the season....the defense stats haven't been there either. 

I want to believe he will one day be great for fantasy but I'm likely going to have to pass again this season.

I drafted him last year and the assists were a great surprise but he really boned me when he went down around November. That was the time I started to lose 

he could have weeks where he torpedoes your percentage

that being said hopefully he improves as he gets older...as long as he is no worse than harden he should be good

57 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

at what round do you usually draft Booker?

He's being taken in the 3rd, usually 

Got him top of 3rd round (3rd pick).

I picked him over Beal....hope I don't regret it.

Edited by DLG10

37 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Did you compare both their stats from last year?

Edited by hoopnking24

1 hour ago, DLG10 said:

this is the dilemma i'm afraid i have to decide between. beal seems the better option for fantasy but booker the flashier stud and name recognition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

this is the dilemma i'm afraid i have to decide between. beal seems the better option for fantasy but booker the flashier stud and name recognition. 

I don't really think they're in the same tier.  Booker and Middleton?  Booker and Holiday?  Holiday and Middleton?  Okay, I need to look long and hard at my team build and figure out who works best for me, who I'm most confident in, whose injury history I don't like or whose yearly consistency I do like.  But Booker and Beal?  Especially at that stage of draft- where you can still mold your team but before you're just talking flyers- I'm taking Booker and moving on.

• Like 1

I think Booker is far better than Beal, but you could make a case that they represent comparable upside. Wall's knees are 28 going on 68. If he goes down Beal has a massive opportunity....BUT, Booker already has that opportunity. He gets that Westbrook or AD w/o Boogie type usage to just eat on offense. Everything in Phoenix runs through Booker. So even though Booker has maybe a bit more injury risk, I would rather take the guy with the opportunity to beast from the start. 

Booker, Jrue, and other guards in that 15-30 tier are going to come down to your team build, first round pick, format, etc. There is not a one size fits all answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had both Book and Beal last season. Both put up similar stats, only diff was Book played 54 games and Beal played 82. Dbook is a beast when healthy though.

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

I'm in fellas. Hope he has a healthy season

Thanks for telling us.

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Thanks for telling us.

Aaaaaaaaahahahahaha 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:v:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Thanks for telling us.

People are so friendly on the Booker forum! I thought I'd be in for a rough ride ^_^

On 10/11/2018 at 9:52 PM, thezing1 said:

I think Booker is far better than Beal, but you could make a case that they represent comparable upside. Wall's knees are 28 going on 68. If he goes down Beal has a massive opportunity....BUT, Booker already has that opportunity. He gets that Westbrook or AD w/o Boogie type usage to just eat on offense. Everything in Phoenix runs through Booker. So even though Booker has maybe a bit more injury risk, I would rather take the guy with the opportunity to beast from the start. 

Booker, Jrue, and other guards in that 15-30 tier are going to come down to your team build, first round pick, format, etc. There is not a one size fits all answer. 

Agreed. I chose Booker myself. And now it's looking like he's gonna be ready for start of szn or very soon thereafter. 

Besides shut down risk, what's not to love with a ball dominant player on a bad team?