iowncrazyhair

Devin Booker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

17 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm hoping that almost trading for 3 guards last night will light a fire in this bum and get him back on the court. 

Break some news for me roto. Tell me he's playing tonight. 

I took it the other way. The Suns found a new way to embarrass themselves. The only guard that was coming back was Rivers and he could relieve some pressure off of Booker. And their owner is in a public fight with the city. But they beat the Mavs so he probably has the itch to play while seeing more effort and minutes going to guys like Holmes. But yeah, I really want him back asap. Just want definitive news for Monday in the garden versus a terrible Knicks defense. 

• Like 1

He looked good tonight and more importantly for those worried about the shutdown, they won. I can't stand seeing him play hero ball and just using 20 seconds dribbling and then shooting. The better the players are around him the better his lines will look. The wolves are bad on defense, but the Suns will be better with oubre and rivers. Bridges was more active tonight. Hopefully the team will continue with this energy and they win some or be more competitive in losses. Glad to see Booker back though. 

• Like 1

He just tweeted something like "I love this city (Phoenix)".

So happy to see him handing out 28-7-7 with minimal TO and pleasant FG%. It looks like the hamstring injury does not bother him anymore.

19 hours ago, thezing1 said:

He looked good tonight and more importantly for those worried about the shutdown, they won. I can't stand seeing him play hero ball and just using 20 seconds dribbling and then shooting. The better the players are around him the better his lines will look. The wolves are bad on defense, but the Suns will be better with oubre and rivers. Bridges was more active tonight. Hopefully the team will continue with this energy and they win some or be more competitive in losses. Glad to see Booker back though. 

Meh the Suns are definitely going to be in the bottom 4-5 teams, don't think there's any avoiding that. We just need to hope they don't shut him down regardless.

4 hours ago, JStyles said:

Meh the Suns are definitely going to be in the bottom 4-5 teams, don't think there's any avoiding that. We just need to hope they don't shut him down regardless.

Oh, no doubt. And I think they should want to be in the bottom 3. But being 12-70 is a lot different than maybe 30-52 or whatever gets you in that bottom 3. Progress is probably the most important thing. By no means are they actually going to compete for the 8 seed or anything like that this year. 

This kid is a special talent. Impressed with how he grows every year.....

*non fantasy related story*

Was on a hike here today in Australia. Eye'd a guy wearing a Booker jersey and as I got closer I noticed he was also rocking a Suns hat and shorts ...

Me - Nice jersey man. Dev is a beast.... don't see many Suns fans around

Him - Yeah, I wish I wasn't hey

as a fan of the Warriors through the 2000s, I  felt that on a spiritual level

Edited by Quazza
  • Like 1

My goodness, this kid needs to be handled with kid gloves. Got a body fragile as glass.

2 hours ago, sunz0r said:

My goodness, this kid needs to be handled with kid gloves. Got a body fragile as glass.

I don't know man. He has had a couple hamstring pulls this year and I just don't consider that being fragile. I read he is playing today, but that isn't confirmed. It isn't like he is falling down and bruising a hip and missing a week. That would be fragile. Most of his injuries are bone breaks and the pulled muscles and that seems pretty legit. I think it might be a little early to consider him soft. Getting shut down because you are on a tanking team doesn't count....that is just the way of the NBA. 

real life basketball wise im starting to really hate this guy, suns are a mess and hes only a bright spot on the paper...

Last 10 games for a Top10 ranking

This Kid is so fun to watch and heathly on your roster...BUT you have to cross your fingers each game with no « Injury update ».

When he plays like that (46%Fg/88%Ft/2.3 3’s/29Pts/4Reb/8Ast/1Stl/0.5Blk)

I can see some Agent Zero on this Kid....

Thoughts on selling high on Booker?  It seems like we go through the same cycle.  He gets hurt and we all scream "Sell high when he's healthy!" Then he gets healthy and puts up top 15 value (no surprise) and we can't believe we thought to ever  trade him...  I'm torn.  The risk of a shut down is always looming but the possibility of a 1st round finish is very possible and extremely enticing.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Thoughts on selling high on Booker?  It seems like we go through the same cycle.  He gets hurt and we all scream "Sell high when he's healthy!" Then he gets healthy and puts up top 15 value (no surprise) and we can't believe we thought to ever  trade him...  I'm torn.  The risk of a shut down is always looming but the possibility of a 1st round finish is very possible and extremely enticing.  

Why would they shut him down? He's a young kid expected to lead their build with young talent they possess, and are about to obtain through draft. I say they ride him god forbid a serious injury.

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1

Yeah why would they shut down such a young player who is developing into a superstar and getting better every game. He’s only 22 lol

20 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

Okay fair enough.  Maybe shutdown is a strong word, but the Sun's seem to be very careful with their young superstar and my fear is random DNPs during fantasy playoffs.  

That could be any player. I'm curious who you have on your team. I can probably pick 6 players who could have random DNPs.