iowncrazyhair

Devin Booker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

 

20 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

That could be any player. I'm curious who you have on your team. I can probably pick 6 players who could have random DNPs.

 

Roster is in my signature and while that is true of any player, I believe it is more true of players on teams that have no incentive to win.  

 

When I say sell high, I mean trade Booker for a player of similar production (perhaps slightly less) but with less chance of rest.  Say a Kemba Walker?  Bradley Beal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

 

 

Roster is in my signature and while that is true of any player, I believe it is more true of players on teams that have no incentive to win.  

 

When I say sell high, I mean trade Booker for a player of similar production (perhaps slightly less) but with less chance of rest.  Say a Kemba Walker?  Bradley Beal? 

I can't see your signature through my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

 

 

Roster is in my signature and while that is true of any player, I believe it is more true of players on teams that have no incentive to win.  

 

When I say sell high, I mean trade Booker for a player of similar production (perhaps slightly less) but with less chance of rest.  Say a Kemba Walker?  Bradley Beal? 

 

Wizards lost Wall, Dwight, and Markieff. Beal might get shut down as well. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

 

 

Roster is in my signature and while that is true of any player, I believe it is more true of players on teams that have no incentive to win.  

 

When I say sell high, I mean trade Booker for a player of similar production (perhaps slightly less) but with less chance of rest.  Say a Kemba Walker?  Bradley Beal? 

 

Trading him for either Walker or Beal would be a long shot for the exact reasons you mentioned.  On the other hand what deals did you pull to have BOTH Harden and AD on your roster? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shredded said:

Yeah why would they shut down such a young player who is developing into a superstar and getting better every game. He’s only 22 lol

 

Same here...

Booker need to play!!!...How could you think that PHO will be a « contender » for the next couple of years IF your franchise player is « shutdown » every year!!...?

 

He need to play the maximum of games If he want to stay heathly in the future..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said... he needs to be handled with kid gloves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah pretty concerned about the constant niggling injuries, quite AD-esque.

 

That said I don't think i'd get value (top 20ish) on him if I tried to trade him, could probably only get a guy in the 25-30 range (like a DDR or Conley), so just have to hold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Charmin soft 

 

 Yeah starting to feel like this on my team too

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JStyles said:

Yeah pretty concerned about the constant niggling injuries, quite AD-esque.

 

That said I don't think i'd get value (top 20ish) on him if I tried to trade him, could probably only get a guy in the 25-30 range (like a DDR or Conley), so just have to hold.

Yea, would be difficult to get a top 20 player for someone who is ranked 40th on the season in 9-cat (22nd in 8 cat) and was a 3rd round pick. Especially when they are a shutdown risk on their 3rd soft tissue injury of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out again. That erases any doubt on whether he's a softy. Consistant pts n 3s with a surprise upkick in ast are nice but the dnps man. He and Lowry added to do-not-draft list

Edited by WatchUrAnkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this guy doubtful for sat, gonna try to unload him once he's back. can't seem to stay healthy plus super high chance of shutdown. nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned in the buy low thread that Booker was a leading candidate.. Then someone said something about him possibly being shutdown and I agreed with him... However, after evaluating everything I just don't see it happening unless he is suffering from injuries late in the season. Right now I peg him as being a low risk gamble. If he's healthy he isn't being shut down. Although back spasms and hamstring injuries are concerning. Right now there is a lot of pressure on the Suns to perform, or they will be moved to another city. I think they will try to show that they're a team that's a couple more pieces away from competing and the second half will have a lot of sway as to how the votes for a new arena go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also... If Arizona doesn't approve their new arena they will want to be appealing enough for Seattle or Las Vegas. I don't think he's sitting unless it's a serious injury.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jugernot said:

Also... If Arizona doesn't approve their new arena they will want to be appealing enough for Seattle or Las Vegas. I don't think he's sitting unless it's a serious injury.  

I would think just the opposite. Assuming that shutting him down will reduce the risk of a serious injury. They are out this year already so. Don't wanna see him end up Porzingis. Hoping they move to Seattle though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is healthy, he plays. If he's injured (majorly) he gets shut down if close enough to the end of season. This is a business and they will not shut him down if he is healthy, especially after the Bledsoe incident a couple seasons back. Once again, this is business! He WILL play!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 3:47 AM, ROTY said:

If he is healthy, he plays. If he's injured (majorly) he gets shut down if close enough to the end of season. This is a business and they will not shut him down if he is healthy, especially after the Bledsoe incident a couple seasons back. Once again, this is business! He WILL play!

The only business the Suns care about is draft picks. It doesn't matter if he's healthy or not; he'll be shut down. The Suns don't want their star player going down like Derrick Rose (imagine the hate the Suns organization would get then, playing their star player in a game that doesn't matter). It's a lose-lose situation for the Suns and for fantasy owners. Selling high once he gets his groove back. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I get the feeling that Booker KNOWS he's a star and getting paid like a star. He declared that him & Ayton is probably the next Shaq & Kobe. He doesn't need to prove himself if it's glaringly obvious that it is pointless this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imagindis123 said:

The only business the Suns care about is draft picks. It doesn't matter if he's healthy or not; he'll be shut down. The Suns don't want their star player going down like Derrick Rose (imagine the hate the Suns organization would get then, playing their star player in a game that doesn't matter). It's a lose-lose situation for the Suns and for fantasy owners. Selling high once he gets his groove back. Good luck.

 

Wrong, and healthy players being shut down has happened at most a handful of times in the history of the league.

 

Two years ago he played 78 games, last season he only missed the last 12 games because of an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don't get the shutdown theories.

3 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

And I get the feeling that Booker KNOWS he's a star and getting paid like a star. He declared that him & Ayton is probably the next Shaq & Kobe. He doesn't need to prove himself if it's glaringly obvious that it is pointless this season.

It's not up to the players to decide whether he plays or not and If he'd like to declare himself Kobe he has a lot of proving to do.

 

3 hours ago, imagindis123 said:

The only business the Suns care about is draft picks. It doesn't matter if he's healthy or not; he'll be shut down. The Suns don't want their star player going down like Derrick Rose (imagine the hate the Suns organization would get then, playing their star player in a game that doesn't matter). It's a lose-lose situation for the Suns and for fantasy owners. Selling high once he gets his groove back. Good luck.

Injuries happen. Not using every opportunity to develop your top talent because of injury risk IS how you get hate. 

Suns fan: "Let's go see the most exciting player on the team play."

Suns: "Sorry no we tanking"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.