Nyblazer11235

2018 Buy Low / Sell High Thread

tonycpsu

Reminder: This thread is for suggesting players to buy / sell at opportune times, not for discussing specific trade offers you've gotten or received (do that here), discussing your completed trades (those go here) gauging values of specific players (that needs to go in the player's outlook thread if it's generally applicable, or in the AC forum if it's for your team situation.)

Message added by tonycpsu

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

I like it.  Byron Leftwich has pretty much said he wants Johnson's usage to be the same as it was under Bruce Arians.  Leftwich is a green OC, so he's going to do what his mentors have taught him.  Johnson ran 23 routes last game, more than any this season.  Rosen will only get better and he was targeting Johnson last game where he got 4 catches.

The only question is...what will it cost you?  Hard to buy a first round player because his owner likely still values him as a first rounder and has that emotional attachment.  I'm thinking a package deal of a RB1/2 and WR2 might get it done, but even that seems like overspending to me.

To give you an idea, I traded Kerryon + Kupp for him before last week (so before Kupp had returned from injury). I already have a very strong WR core and I don't think Kerryon is a reliable RB2 at this point so the trade made sense for me.

That being said, I'm not sure that would fall into the "Buy Low" category...

Edited by southsid3

On 11/7/2018 at 7:20 AM, kyoun1e said:

Anyone with any success selling J. Howard high this week? This is the week. 

Curious what others are getting for him. 

As a Gronk owner with good RB depth, I'm looking for a decent TE for Howard. That's it.

Just got OJ Howard for J. Howard. Delighted. Gronk owner too.

49 minutes ago, Saltyseabass said:

Last week for trades in many leagues.  Any opinions?

Buy 

golden tate

Matt Breida- on bye, maybe you can get for cheap 

Gronk- cheap. Will get healthy. Comes out of a bye

Sell

marlon Mack- brutal schedule

AP

mark Ingram 

Arob- offense unpredictable. Boom/bust

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Gronk could prove to be the ultimate buy low. Probably won’t, but the possibility is there

The problem is that his fair value is like a low end WR2/High WR3, Corey Davis/Tyler Lockett. But his owner probably won’t give him up for that unless he’s hurting at the position, just based on name brand alone.

20 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The problem is that his fair value is like a low end WR2/High WR3, Corey Davis/Tyler Lockett. But his owner probably won’t give him up for that unless he’s hurting at the position, just based on name brand alone.

Gronk >>>>>>>> Davis and Lockett.

5 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I guess I respectfully disagree. At best, he might be worth a WR2 like Golladay but based on his performance this year, I would be hesitant to deal a mid WR2 for him, especially given his recurring injury risk.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'd certainly rather have Davis. The guy had an injured QB and 4 straight shutdown CBs his 4 weeks after his 31 point break out game.

Easily a WR2 ROS, and that's more valuable than Gronk is right now.

I do agree that Gronk is a good buy low for his upside though.

FWIW I would be buying guys like Dalvin Cook, Michel, Fitz, Jeffery, and Baldwin as well.

Edited by Singing in Dwayne

7 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

I'd certainly rather have Davis. The guy had an injured QB and 4 straight shutdown CBs his 4 weeks after his 31 point break out game.

Easily a WR2 ROS, and that's more valuable than Gronk is right now.

I do agree that Gronk is a good buy low for his upside though.

FWIW I would be buying guys like Dalvin Cook, Michel, Fitz, Jeffery, and Baldwin as well.

Other than the Bears this week Cook has an amazing schedule the rest of the way.  Sea/Mia/Det for the playoffs, if you're in the playoff race he's a buy, and you might be able to buy low if he has a rough game against a tough D.

Alex Collins.

Pretty much the entire Baltimore offense. John Brown. L. Jackson. Hell...maybe even a H. Hurst if he starts playing the majority of the TE snaps.

Schedule is arguably the best out there.