phatrat

2018 FAAB Questions and Discussion

Recommended Posts

What do you guys think about Philip Lindsay?

Is he worth stashing? If i don't pull the trigger this week he's gone. This is the first year we use FAAB so maybe I can get  him for a lowe amount because people just don't want to burn theirs early in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team, half ppr league.  I'm pretty content with my team all around but my WR depth is suspect.

 

Keenan Allen

Corey Davis

Sammy Watkins

Sterling Shepherd

 

Randall Cobb went undrafted in our league and I actually drafted Geronimo Allison with my last pick, but had to drop him to pick up James Conner.  I'd like to pick up one of these guys but I have a few questions.  Should I drop Shepard for one of them?  Which one would you prioritize?  And how much of my $200 FAAB should I spend?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

What do you guys think about Philip Lindsay?

Is he worth stashing? If i don't pull the trigger this week he's gone. This is the first year we use FAAB so maybe I can get  him for a lowe amount because people just don't want to burn theirs early in the season.

As the first potential RB available is he worth 25-30% of our budgets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kco734 said:

As the first potential RB available is he worth 25-30% of our budgets?

 

 

I'm thinking about just putting like 10-15% on him and if I don't get him okay and if I get him he wasn't expensive on the other side, my roster is full with "stash-RBs"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

James Conner is on our waiver wire.

 

My starting RB's are Fournette, J Hill and James White.

 

How much do I bid on Conner?

How did you end up with Jeremy Hill as a starting RB but yet Conner is still on waivers?

 

Regardless, Conner is a very tough one for me. You could spend a majority of your FAAB on him this week then Bell shows up for week 2 and Conner becomes close to useless. 

 

Best case scenario for Conner is that Bell doesn't report until week 11 and he remains the workhorse until then. Either way I don't see a realistic scenario where he is the workhorse for the entire season without a Bell injury. Essentially you're paying for a starting RB until the fantasy playoffs but one that will also be potentially useless in the playoffs. It reminds me of Elliott from last year when he was suspended during the fantasy playoffs but had been a stud during the fantasy season. He could remain useful after week 11 but you're taking a huge gamble if you spend a huge amount of your FAAB on him. 

 

I would guess it would take well over 50% of your FAAB to get him if you decide to go after him. I would not be surprised if someone spent over 75% on Conner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, munde53 said:

How did you end up with Jeremy Hill as a starting RB but yet Conner is still on waivers?

 

Regardless, Conner is a very tough one for me. You could spend a majority of your FAAB on him this week then Bell shows up for week 2 and Conner becomes close to useless. 

 

Best case scenario for Conner is that Bell doesn't report until week 11 and he remains the workhorse until then. Either way I don't see a realistic scenario where he is the workhorse for the entire season without a Bell injury. Essentially you're paying for a starting RB until the fantasy playoffs but one that will also be potentially useless in the playoffs. It reminds me of Elliott from last year when he was suspended during the fantasy playoffs but had been a stud during the fantasy season. He could remain useful after week 11 but you're taking a huge gamble if you spend a huge amount of your FAAB on him. 

 

I would guess it would take well over 50% of your FAAB to get him if you decide to go after him. I would not be surprised if someone spent over 75% on Conner.

 

In a couple leagues where Hill was drafted and Conner not. ADP was similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So im trying to figure out how much Kittle would be?

 

i had him originally but dropped him for Conner a week ago. 

 

I have Trey Burton already but I want to block the guy who has Delanie Walker and the other guy with Olsen....

Edited by CABLE87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

In a couple leagues where Hill was drafted and Conner not. ADP was similar.

Sure during or before the preseason, but prior to week 1 when we knew Bell was out Conner should have been rostered in all leagues. Especially when your starting running back is the #3 or #4 RB on the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Sure during or before the preseason, but prior to week 1 when we knew Bell was out Conner should have been rostered in all leagues. Especially when your starting running back is the #3 or #4 RB on the Patriots.

 

All my leagues lock rosters after draft 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Is 20% of my remaining FAAB to much for Phillip Lindsay? Burkhead is currently my RB2. 

 

Seems like a lot to me.  

 

I'd wait...There will be better pickups IMO.  Who's to say somebody doesn't drop Sony Michel?  He'd be worth 20% to you as then you'd have the Patriots RB mostly covered.

 

Our league switched to this FA budget thing for the first time so I'm feeling myself along.  I'm just thinking I'll be a bit frugal early unless there is a pure sure thing guy that I have to have.  I'm not really seeing any must haves right now in my leagues.

 

I'd rather wait to see who people drop....Maybe somebody drops like a Chris Hogan or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost D. Walker for the year.  Injury prone Eifert is somehow on the waiver wire.  How much of a $100 FAAB budget would you bid?  Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Is there a website that shows how much faab we should use?

 

There are lots of them

 Just haven't come out yet, usually Tuesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mmcalli884 said:

I lost D. Walker for the year.  Injury prone Eifert is somehow on the waiver wire.  How much of a $100 FAAB budget would you bid?  Thanks in advance

 

 

J smith his backup might be streamable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll start off with a list

$100 budget

 

QB - Fitzmagic

RB - Lindsay

RB - Ekeler

RB - Yeldon

WR - Desean Jackson

WR - Dorsett

WR - Marshall 

WR - Ginn 

WR - Allison

TE - Dissly

TE - Cook

D - Bears

D - Jets

 

Thoughts?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, when you read sites their FAAB suggestions are way too high in my experience. Just like the auction draft, this really comes down to your leaguemates and how aggressive they are. There is no one on that list that I would bid more than $15 for (Lindsay). But I've been in my league for ten years and know the ranges I need to work within. I'll be bidding on Lindsay, Bears D, and Marshall personally (some of those are already owned in my league).

 

But really take notice of ALL bids once waivers clear on Wednesday, not just the winning bid. It will help you readjust the numbers in the weeks going forward. The only two from that list I think will be possibly be game changers all season (barring injury) are Lindsay, Bears, and possibly Allison. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is for deeper leagues like FFPC and NFFC where they are 12 team leagues with 20 man rosters most of the hot free agent adds are owned what would be a good way to take FAAB% suggestions but relate them to deeper leagues??? Just double the % or would there be a good way to come up with a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my FAAB is 250 so take it with a grain of salt, I need a WR and a TE, my bids look like this

 

Transaction 1

  • Enunwu 42
  • Marshall 30
  • Ginn 29
  • J.Grant 2 (league is a return heavy league)

 

Transaction 2

  • Kittle 14
  • Cook 12
  • Ebron 8
  • Wissly 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m interestd in people’s take on bears def... they look like a pretty dominant unit this year(makings of 2017 jags), I’m considering playing the matchups between chargers and them rest of season but since I don’t usually spend faab on defenses what do you guys think so as not to overspend... 5%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.