phatrat

2018 FAAB Questions and Discussion

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

How much would a non-LF owner bid for Yeldon in a $100 budget league?

It would be hard for me to bid anything over $15. 

34 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

So whats not an overpay for Kittle? 5%?

Yeah in my opinion 5-10%.  Someone may go crazy and do like 25%, and if they do let them.  I think you can only go nuts with the bids after Week 1 when something *crazy* happens, like when a workhorse RB goes down in Week 1 and his backup puts up top-5 numbers on the week.

5 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

It would be hard for me to bid anything over $15. 

Let's say you could use a running back, an RB2.  Would you even consider this?

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Let's say you could use a running back, an RB2.  Would you even consider this?

I would want the situation to be clearer with LF before I threw anything more than $15 at Yeldon. If LF is going to miss 3+ weeks, then yeah I might offer up $25+ for Yeldon. But it's most likely that LF is back this week or misses 1 week, and in that scenario, I'm not offering anything more than $15 for an average-below average RB2. 

Just now, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I would want the situation to be clearer with LF before I threw anything more than $15 at Yeldon. If LF is going to miss 3+ weeks, then yeah I might offer up $25+ for Yeldon. But it's most likely that LF is back this week or misses 1 week, and in that scenario, I'm not offering anything more than $15 for an average-below average RB2. 

Gotcha.  I currently have a waiver in for $6.  I'm assuming that the news out of Jacksonville is going to be good though.

7 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Gotcha.  I currently have a waiver in for $6.  I'm assuming that the news out of Jacksonville is going to be good though.

Is the LF owner deep at the RB position? Hell if you get Yeldon for $6 try and trade him and ur current RB2 for an upgrade at the position. 

8 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Is the LF owner deep at the RB position? Hell if you get Yeldon for $6 try and trade him and ur current RB2 for an upgrade at the position. 

I'm the LF owner.  I have Gordon, Drake, White, and Clement - so I am pretty comfortable at the moment.  I have a few options:

1. Do nothing (which I am leaning towards)

2. I am considering dropping Sutton or Clement for Yeldon

3. I am considering going Ekeler.

4. I am considering going Wilkins or Hines - part of me wants that Colts offense.  

9 minutes ago, Dboy94 said:

Who is the better option on waivers this week? 

Jackson 

Enunwa 

Golladay 

Lindsay 

In ppr I think enunwa, no ppr maybe lindsay

• Like 1

How much FAAB on Kenny Stills (10 Team, $200 budget)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fabios1993 said:

In ppr I think enunwa, no ppr maybe lindsay

My team looks like...

Cousins 

Melvin Gordon

Royce Freeman 

Hopkins

D Thomas 

Kenn Stills 

Rex Burkhead 

Gronkowski 

Detroit D 

Boswell 

Bench 

Alshon Jeffery 

Peyton Barber 

C Clement 

T Cohen

D Amendola 

A Gates 

P Garçon 

Who do you think will help my team? I need a monster game next week! 

JAMES CONNER IS ON MY WAIVER WIRE.

VERY heavy TD scoring

My RB's are junk.

L. Fournette
Jeremy Hill (out with torn ACL, but was supposed to be my 2018 version of Blount with 18TDs)

James White

Guy who has Bell also has:

Ajayi

Devonte Freeman

I'm going to assume everybody will want to go after him.

I'm 3rd lowest in scoring and lost my first week, so theoretically, unless one of those two ahead of me bid $100, I can probably get him.

I don't think anybody will bid that much, but I could be wrong.

So...do I bid the whole $100 on him?

26 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

VERY heavy TD scoring

My RB's are junk.

L. Fournette
Jeremy Hill (out with torn ACL, but was supposed to be my 2018 version of Blount with 18TDs)

James White

Ajayi

Devonte Freeman

I'm 3rd lowest in scoring and lost my first week, so theoretically, unless one of those two ahead of me bid $100, I can probably get him.

I am thinking about going 100. Haven't decided yet.

Chris Thompson floating on my waiver wire. Really don’t want to start the season 0-2 and Thompson would easily be my best option at flex if I can land him. What % of FAAB would you guys drop on him? I’m considering going in pretty deep for this guy 

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Chris Thompson floating on my waiver wire. Really don’t want to start the season 0-2 and Thompson would easily be my best option at flex if I can land him. What % of FAAB would you guys drop on him? I’m considering going in pretty deep for this guy 

Thompson is More than a flex play. id go 25% up to 50% but thats just what id do.....

high 20's for Quincy seem about right for 1pt ppr? have no need for him other that trade chip as I have AB, DT, Tate, and Golladay already

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

high 20's for Quincy seem about right for 1pt ppr? have no need for him other that trade chip as I have AB, DT, Tate, and Golladay already

Who should I get Golladay or Quincy? 

2 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

VERY heavy TD scoring

My RB's are junk.

L. Fournette

James White

Ajayi

Devonte Freeman

You should have gotten Burkhead! 

1 minute ago, Dboy94 said:

Who should I get Golladay or Quincy? 

both..im going with the qb that airs it out 30-40 times a night so give me golladay

I’d bid pretty close to 100% if Conner is somehow available. 50%+ for Chris Thompson.

I’m pretty thin at RB after DJ and Mixon (Clement, Kelly, Edmonds... nobody of note, lost Hill) so I’m thinkin of bidding ~20% for Lindsay.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

What are people bidding on Conner in keeper leagues? Is he for sure the next guy there and is Bell for sure gone after the year?

Bell for sure gone. 

Conner was legit and a TD machine in college.

If conner had no health risk I'd say he'd probably be the man moving forward. That said he did have cancer and came back from it. It sounds sad to say, but it often comes back and therefore I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers didn't draft someone in the next draft, but still made Connor the feature guy assuming he's healthy. 

In a FAAB Keeper League I would have to believe he's gonna cost close to 50% of your budget.

All depends on how many years your keeper league is.  Younger leagues generally spend less.  The longer we've been in my FAAB league the more people have generally spent.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Bell for sure gone. 

Conner was legit and a TD machine in college.

If conner had no health risk I'd say he'd probably be the man moving forward. That said he did have cancer and came back from it. It sounds sad to say, but it often comes back and therefore I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers didn't draft someone in the next draft, but still made Connor the feature guy assuming he's healthy. 

In a FAAB Keeper League I would have to believe he's gonna cost close to 50% of your budget.

All depends on how many years your keeper league is.  Younger leagues generally spend less.  The longer we've been in my FAAB league the more people have generally spent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2018/9/10/17842058/leveon-bell-odds-free-agency-2019-49ers-steelers

How do you explain this?