phatrat

FAAB Questions and Discussion

First year doing FAAB so don't really know what I'm doing. D-Jax is available and my receivers are awful. How much do I bid on him? $200 budget. 12 man league. Someone grabbed Enunwa last week for $26. Other bids were between $1 and $4.

10 team 1 PPR - $100 FAAB budget, still have all $100. I have a pretty weak receiving core and these guys are on the wire. How much should I pump imo each?

John Brown

DeSean Jackson

Geronimo Allison

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, GurleyTHIRTY said:

How much FAAB do u use on Gio?

20%?  Also might depend on whether you have Mixon or not.

Someone in my league dropped Josh Gordon when he was released by the Browns. How much is an appropriate $100 budget FAAB bid? I am thin at WR but just fine at QB, RB, and TE. 

Edited by Rotero

1 hour ago, Rotero said:

Someone in my league dropped Josh Gordon when he was released by the Browns. How much is an appropriate $100 budget FAAB bid? I am thin at WR but just fine at QB, RB, and TE. 

Obviously depends on your league, but if I needed a WR, I'd bid up heavily for him if you think he's healthy, sober, and his head is in the right place.  If you can reconcile all that, I'd go $50-60.  What other waiver wire guy could show up that oozes the amount of talent he has?  The question of course is all the other crap.

What percentage of FAAB should I spend on Brieda in an 8 team .5ppr league?

Edited by kenmed88

9 hours ago, Rotero said:

I'm in the same predicament. Only in my league the owner actually cut him after he was traded to the Pats. I know, crazy, right?

On one hand, I could shooting my wad to ensure I get him. On the other, I could be chasing fool's gold if his head isn't right. Tough call.

Anyone have the straight skinny on what the hell happened in Cleveland that caused them to cut bait?

4 hours ago, kenmed88 said:

What percentage of FAAB should I spend on Brieda in an 8 team .5ppr league?

In an 8 man I wouldn’t spend too much. Breida is a nice pick up but I’m not convinced he’s gonna be an every week start, particularly in an 8 man league.

15% on CHI def is reasonable right?

Dunno why they were still a FA, could have gotten them for free and won the week if i picked them up earlier. fail .

4 hours ago, elcapitan449 said:

Sammy Watkins siting on my wire in std.  $100 budget what you throw at him?

Hard to say without knowing more about your team needs and league size (I'm assuming a 10 teamer?), but I'd say somewhere around 15-20% of your FAAB , and maybe more if you are WR needy. Only caveat is I think he'll be boom or bust from week to week. 

Just my .02

NEED HELP!!

Need to pick up a kicker. I dropped Seal-Jones and Lutz to pick up Oj Howard and Fitzpatrick on the waiver wire. I love my current roster besides the injuries I’m dealing with, so I didn’t want to drop no one else. I needed a TE and Fitz is on ? so I had to drop Lutz to give me more time to figure it out before tomorrow’s game. So I’m without a kicker......WHO do I drop I have Jags def and Rams def but love them both with great matchups back n forth, been leaning on dropping Rams Def. but what player would u drop if I keep both defenses or would u drop 1 of the defenses.

Starting week 3 roster:

Qb- Watson

wr- Agholor 

wr- Galloday

rb- Hunt

rb- Conner

te- Oj Howard 

flex- W Fuller

k- empty

def- Jags

bench

Qb- Fitzpatrick 

rb- Ekeler

rb- Mixon

rb- D. Freeman

wr- J. Gordon

wr- Baldwin

def- Rams

Who do I drop to pick up a kicker???

3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

NEED HELP!!

Need to pick up a kicker. I dropped Seal-Jones and Lutz to pick up Oj Howard and Fitzpatrick on the waiver wire. I love my current roster besides the injuries I’m dealing with, so I didn’t want to drop no one else. I needed a TE and Fitz is on ? so I had to drop Lutz to give me more time to figure it out before tomorrow’s game. So I’m without a kicker......WHO do I drop I have Jags def and Rams def but love them both with great matchups back n forth, been leaning on dropping Rams Def. but what player would u drop if I keep both defenses or would u drop 1 of the defenses.

Starting week 3 roster:

Qb- Watson

wr- Agholor 

wr- Galloday

rb- Hunt

rb- Conner

te- Oj Howard 

flex- W Fuller

k- empty

def- Jags

bench

Qb- Fitzpatrick 

rb- Ekeler

rb- Mixon

rb- D. Freeman

wr- J. Gordon

wr- Baldwin

def- Rams

Who do I drop to pick up a kicker???

Whoops wrong forum , my bad ? 

13 hours ago, drisser said:

What percentage FAAB is Calvin Ridley worth? 10 team PPR and I'm pretty weak at WR.

Also interested in this, but for half ppr.  Kerryon Johnson was just dropped in our league this week.  What % do I toss at him?

Edited by Kyle204

2QB dynasty league - My QBs are Ryan, Mariotta, Rosen (QBs arent as valuable in this league due to settings) - but I desperately need a serviceable QB - there are no other starting QBs on the wire. How much FAAB would you spend with a $100 budget...any advice?

Also does anyone know when you blind bid does it only exceed the next highest bid by $1 or do you lose your entire bid regardless what the next guy bids?

Edited by jstep13

2 hours ago, jstep13 said:

2QB dynasty league - My QBs are Ryan, Mariotta, Rosen (QBs arent as valuable in this league due to settings) - but I desperately need a serviceable QB - there are no other starting QBs on the wire. How much FAAB would you spend with a $100 budget...any advice?

Also does anyone know when you blind bid does it only exceed the next highest bid by $1 or do you lose your entire bid regardless what the next guy bids?

You lose all of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry forgot to add the most important part - how much would you spend on CJ Beathard under this circumstance?

Can I get your guys' help? 

I have 2 open roster spots and/or can drop any other members of my team. ESPN Scoring with PPR. Starting Positions: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K. My current team is:

(Team is 2-0)

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Le'Veon Bell, James Conner, Alex Collins, Lamar Miller, Sony Michel
WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Sammy Watkins, Nelson Agholor

TE: Rob Gronkowski
DEF: Bears
K: Harrison Butker

Should I add any of these guys and if so, how much free auction money should I bid? Everyone starts with $100 and I have $95 left.

RB:
Buck Allen

WR:
John Brown
Calvin Ridley
Tyler Boyd
Mike Williams

Sorry forgot to add the most important part - how much would you spend on CJ Beathard under this circumstance?

I’d like to know as well. 

On 9/10/2018 at 4:14 AM, phatrat said:

Thread for discussing FAAB amounts, etc...

What faab bid for jakeem grant in a 16 team ppr league that counts return yards, 1.75 points per 10 return yards. He has scored 37,17,41 points and is wide receiver #4 going into this week probably be wide receiver #1 after his 41 point game.Thanks

11 hours ago, jstep13 said:

How many teams and why are QBs devalued? Plus is it actually 2QB or SF?

• Like 1