WahooManiac

2018 Celebration Thread- Victory is Mine!

Head to head championship ends tonight. Batting average is going to be the deciding category and it’s separated by .001. 

I have Lindor and basically need a hit to win. If he doesn’t, I lose. Brutal!

Won both my leagues! 

Was down by two points in one and only had Encarnacion left and he sealed it for me.

Picked up Adalberto Mondesi in both and he basically won both of them for me. One of the last guys I would have expected to win me leagues but anything is possible. 

Also owned Acuna in both, he has been so clutch since the all star break, what a player.

Other crucial players: Whit Merrifeld, Walker Buehler, Miles Mikolas, Mitch Haniger were huge for me

2 hours ago, tywalson said:

Head to head championship ends tonight. Batting average is going to be the deciding category and it’s separated by .001. 

I have Lindor and basically need a hit to win. If he doesn’t, I lose. Brutal!

Soooo did you win?

I'm going to the finals because of that last run scored by Jose Ramirez.  I needed 2 runs tonight and got them (Brantley, Ramirez)!

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Just won my 14 team 10 keeper league!

Was tied at 5x5 coming into today, winning all batting stats, barely trailing in every pitching cat. Came down to my Nola and Snell vs his Miley and Keller. Ended up winning 8-1.

In my 14 team dynasty, I am entering the finals going up against the no. 1 seed, but feeling pretty confident. 2 start weeks from Kluber, Ray, and Taillon got me feeling good, but my bats need to show up.

Also, going into the final week of my roto league with a 4 point lead. Have held 1st place all year long, same as last year, except my team broke down over the final weeks and I failed to win, not this year! (I hope)

Meanwhile, I am playing for 6th place in my redraft, and I'm 0-3 and 1-2 in my 2 football leagues. So it's nice to get a few W's

Basically had three miracles in a row to get to the championship and win.

first round I was down and just need to win one more category to move on... Reds are in a Rain delay and my only hope is if Votto gets one more AB and gets an out, he eventually does and the count goes 3-2 and he flies out and I win.

Secound round I am down 6-7 and I need a homer and three rbi to win, and Khris Davis gives me a Grand Slam on the first pitch in his last AB.

Championship round I am tied in homers and then Machado gives me the matchup winning lead. (btw beat the guy that beat me last year in the finals).

I just won the championship in my 16 team dynasty league. It’s my First ship in the 9 years it’s been running. 

Last year I had a few good players and a good farm system.

I ended up trading Devers, Kopech, Mazara and 2 first round MiLB draft picks 

for

Arenado, CMart, Story (stud this year), Khris Davis and Moustakas. 

I lost in the Semi’s last year but this year those guys got me where I needed to go.

i got lucky in the first round of the playoffs 2 weeks ago. On Sunday we had a tight match but the cubs game got rained out. He lost Baez , Bryant , Strop and another player. If those guys had played I may not have moved on. 

My league is made up of close friends and family so bragging rights are more important than the money. 

2 teams in championship and I took gary sanchez 2.1 and dee 2.2 ha and gary for $38 (uphill battle)mike trout makes  up mistkes

Edited by colepenhagen

Back to back boys! Fantasy baseball is such a strange game... You prep in the off season to build the best team possible for the long haul and then you do what you can over the course of the season to sustain a winner. Then the playoffs roll around and it's not Bryce Harper, George Springer, Trevor Story, or Jose Altuve who win it for you... It's Adalberto Mondesi, Jonathan Villar, Tommy Pham, Manny Pina???, and Mallex Smith.

Pham was with me from day 1 I guess but he had a weird season. All that to say if you are doing H2H you better be willing to shake things up once the playoffs roll around because 1 week matchups only care about production right now.

RW helps me every year and I can't wait to try for the 3peat in 2019 with you guys.

Took this team over four years ago in a 12 team keep 26. Best players were Miggy, Bautista, and Beltre and no pitching and farm team rather sucked in that out of ten slots he had only filled 5. 

Took my lumps but built the team acquiring young players through FA, trading for young players, and the four player draft each year taking high upside minor leaguers. Took my lumps and kept finishing last with the intention of competing next year. There is a 100 move limit which I blew through by the first of August this year. So have gone with the same players for close to 8 weeks with the luck of no major injuries during that time

Just made the finals by winning 10-4 over the team that finished 1st during the regular season winning with 47runs, 15HR, 53RBI, 8SB, .336AVE, and a .419 OBP. Have swept the offensive categories during the playoffs and squeaked by getting one or two pitching categories a week. We start a normal baseball team with two UTL spots (OF by position) and no MI/CI. 

Pitching should start keeping up with the offense next year with Severino, Buehler, and Flaherty coming of age.

The oldest player on the team is Freddie Freeman. Minors are stacked so it should be a good run over the next 5 years.

So a big thanks to the posters in the Minor league section as I am an avid reader. And Brock a special thanks for your faith in Conforto as during the rough times I never dropped him as you believed so strongly in him.  

So win or lose this week it has been one of the most satisfying seasons I have played in 15 years.

• Like 1

I won one of leagues that had the following draft:

1 Mookie

2 Bryant (bust)

3 Seagar (injury)

4 Dozier (bust)

5 Contreras (bust)

6 Carlos Martinez (bust)

its all about hitting in the later rounds and waivers (Acuna, Mondesi, Suarez, Haniger, Voit)

• Like 1

Had a shot in the nfbc main. But Harper, Ramirez and Albies 6/61 week sealed my fate for 3rd overall. Sigh. Went from 40% chance of winning to 5%

Won 2 leagues last night, and am in the finals of 2 other leagues.

One the leagues was a close one. Trailed Ks 65-70 and Qs 4-6, and was down 7-8 before Sunday. Since this is a Yahoo league a draw would have been a loss also (me being the lower seed). I had Snell going and picked up Ryan Borucki. My opponent had Matz and Cobb. At the end I won Ks by 1 points 81-80 and tied QS 6-6 giving me a 8-7 victory. Thanks Ryan Borucki! What a season.

I won and I didn't have a 2nd, 3rd or 6th round pick! My 3rd year out of 4 total coming in first in the regular season. About time my pitching staff makes it through the fantasy playoffs without any injuries/shutdowns. LETS GO!

The second i posted on this thread,my team put on blindfolds and started using logs instead of baseball bats. I redact everything....redact!!

On 9/24/2018 at 10:39 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

I won one of leagues that had the following draft:

1 Mookie

2 Bryant (bust)

3 Seagar (injury)

4 Dozier (bust)

5 Contreras (bust)

6 Carlos Martinez (bust)

its all about hitting in the later rounds and waivers (Acuna, Mondesi, Suarez, Haniger, Voit)

Also won (my 4th in the main family and friends league I have run since about 2006 or so) with something similar to this happening to me! Took Trout #1 overall and then drafted Donaldson (over JD, who can now be kept for 2019) in rd 2, Bellinger in 3, Contreras in 5, and Cespedes in 6. Luckily, the wire was good to me pitching wise and I did not trade Snell/Buehler (or Flaherty...other owner had his pick) for a package including Luis Castillo. I traded for Dozer, too, and obviously he found himself on the wire not too long ago; just couldn't do it any longer.

My championship week was more or less figured out by Friday or so of last week, but my Sunday (last day) lineup was without Votto, Trout, Story, Haniger, and Bellinger due to injuries or off days.

Victory tastes sweet, but it was exhausting. Taking a few days (yes, days) off and starting to prep for my title defense! Can't get enough! haha

Congrats to you (and everyone else in here) and thanks for any help you have provided!

Edited by TheWrightStuff
update
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWrightStuff said:

A

. Taking a few days (yes, days) off and starting to prep for my title defense! Can't get enough! 

Is yahoo 2019 open yet?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheWrightStuff said:

Victory tastes sweet, but it was exhausting. Taking a few days (yes, days) off and starting to prep for my title defense! Can't get enough! haha

Congrats to you (and everyone else in here) and thanks for any help you have provided!

Congrats! I am totally off fantasy baseball stat watching as soon as it ends, gotta move the focus onto football and hockey now!

So here's my year.

4 leagues:

League 1 - Bought an Amazing team, Carpenter, Yelich, Story, Jd Martinez, E Suarez, Ozuna was a disappointment.  Scherzer, Corbin, Snell and traded for Kershaw. Picked up leClerc and Will Smith for Closers. Just another reason I don't like paying for Catchers or Closers.  I didn't in this league.  Finished more than 100 RBIs over the 2nd place team in that category.

Victory is Mine!

League 2 - Horrible Draft.  League insisted on drafting.  League is kind of weird with an overabundance of categories, like hits, 2b, 3B  HR. Drafted Kershaw in the first round (whoops) G Sanchez in the 2nd (double whoops) and Donaldson seemed like a steal in the third round (triple whoops).  but i also got Story and Suarez in this league.  Picked up Voit and Mondesi and they carried my offense in the 2nd half.  Pitching was Kershaw, Snell, Carrasco, Walker Buheler, Zach Wheeler with Hader and Rondon in the pen 

Victory is Mine!

League 3

i was in last place after the first month.  But this team had JD Martinez, Trea T, Whit, S Perez, Rendon, Benetendi  Picked up Aguilar and Andujar.  Pitching imploded in the last month.  Bought Chris Sale and Robbie Ray. Also had Mikolas. Sale got hurt.  I thought I was toast.  Picked up T Williams, D Rodriguez, G Marquez,, J gray (for a while)  Managed to get enough points in pitching.  I didn't pitch Mikolas against the Cubs and instead I started Borucki against TB this weekend.  Almost blew it. But..

Victory is Mine!

League 4:

Disaster.

My pitching was really good with T bauer, Severino, Tanaka, Price and Bumgardner.  My offense was a disaster.  Wilson Contreras.  I remember getting him for $8 and bragging about how much of a steal that was.  Last laugh on me.  Got Springer and Carlos Correa and Miguel Cabrera.  Only good player was Lorenzo Cain.

Victory is NOT MINE!

Finished in 7th place.

(But hey at least I beat 5 other people).

Edited by KingJoffrey

Sold the farm in my keeper league to make a run.  In an original round keeper I gave up Acuna, Snell, and Vlad Guerrero to make a push for 1st place...and promptly began to tank. Desperately tried to overcome bust picks and keepers in Correa and Bryant. I was in 8th place into the last week of the regular season but squeaked into the playoffs with a 10-0 blowout.  Doesn't matter though because today I won it all. Woo!

I ended up winning 3 of my keeper leagues!

I won my 12- team H2H keeper league for the 6th year in a row and 7th time in 8 years. I had my best regular season ever, finishing the season with 16 straight wins. I had several of my young hitters having good seasons: Betts, Bregman, Turner, Acuna, Torres. During the playoffs it was a waiver wire player who was my MVP though: Luke Voit! He carried my team during this final week. My pitching staff was filthy and the main reason I won it all again: Sale, DeGrom, Scherzer, Paxton, Morton, Mikolas, Wheeler and Ryu. I usually don't like to keep too many pitchers as keepers but I might keep 5/6 of them for next year.

I won my 12-team auction keeper league despite not winning a single matchup during the playoffs lol. Both my matchups ended in a tie and I won because of the tiebreaker rules. From now on I swear to never complain about those tiebreaker rules again. Ever! Thank you David Dahl for single-handedly helping me win HR. That was the category I needed to win to force the tie. He hit more HR than my JD Martinez/Soto/Harper OF and my Carpenter/Ramirez/Suarez INF....

And I finally won my 14-team keeper league. This was the team I was least confident about because my pitching wasn't strong. Severino was my only ace. Corbin ended up being my best draft pick because he saved my pitching staff. I ended up winning because I was very agressive on the waiver wire when it came to closers. I won ERA, WHIP and Saves almost every single week. I had several keeper hitters slumping but my Betts/Khris Davis/Cain OF was a monster. My best drafted hitters were Gennett and Suarez. Nobody seemed to want them so I ended up with them as late round picks.

It's a shame this season is over. I don't play Fantasy football anymore so I guess I'll just have to prepare for next season already lol. I'm already looking forward to checking this board for more stats, mock drafts, player rankings, analysis and player advice. See y'all next season!

tenor.gif

• Like 2

I won my 12- team H2H keeper league for the 6th year in a row and 7th time in 8 years

If I was in a league like that I think I might find an excuse to quit. :)