darnellh

Blake Griffin 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

What you expect from him this season, in some projections he is around 50 place but i don't believe he can so high. He cannot jump anymore in the age of 28. I think he will one of the bust this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was #58 last year after a s---y season where he was injured, missed 24 games and also changed teams halfway through the season.

 

I think he can definitely get into the top 50, maybe even closer to top 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I saw him in an espn mock he was around 50ish and I stepped right over him as did a few others. Personally I wouldn’t trust him. Never have. And I’m pretty salty about him screwing up Andre Drummond’s run when he got traded. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talent is still there and the opportunity certainly is in DET.  Blake's games played totals the last 4 seasons:

 

14 - 15:  67

15 - 16:  35

16 - 17:  61

17-  18:  58

 

Yes, injuries and missed games is the big issue with this guy....Blake's name is bigger than his fantasy game these days and I don't think the discount will be there for a player who's 29 now and a good bet to miss a quarter of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would look at him around 45 just cause Det traded for him and they have to prove he's worth it. In reality I don't trust him much either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I would look at him around 45 just cause Det traded for him and they have to prove he's worth it. In reality I don't trust him much either.

 

I am reservedly optimistic too (although I think I said the same last year - luckily didn't draft him though). Casey seems pretty big on giving him the rock too:
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018/7/21/17595726/dwane-casey-goal-for-blake-griffin-is-to-be-the-best-passing-power-forward-in-the-league

He could have a nice year if he can stay healthy...big IF though. I think the 45-60 range is a solid grab if he falls to there, its just a pity his defensive stats have dropped off so much, makes him a little Melo like with better dimes and worse FT (and more pts than Hoodie Melo can manage these days)...There is upside, but I think gone are the days of top 20 for Griffin. Top 30 seems about as good as it might get this year and there is definite risk involved

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not a bust. He'll probably get 20/7/5 or something like that. Dude can play and has been a solid 20 ppg guy his whole career, I don't see that changing. He just always misses 20 games and in H2H leagues I just can't have that. 

 

Image result for and for that reason im out

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still has the skills and can still give you decent stats but the missing games, augh... A big no no especially for H2H leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think this is the season where he goes all in....he started off last year looking like an mvp candidate, so the ability is still there. and the assists from the 4 spot are really being overlooked

 

20-8-5 is very plausible and much better than where he's being drafted...dont be surprised if he puts up a top 30 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scienze said:

i think this is the season where he goes all in....he started off last year looking like an mvp candidate, so the ability is still there. and the assists from the 4 spot are really being overlooked

 

20-8-5 is very plausible and much better than where he's being drafted...dont be surprised if he puts up a top 30 season.

Top 50-60 sure, top 30 hell no, doesnt offer stocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted this guy three straight years and screw me every year from injuries, imma avoid him this year, good luck to y’all fellow owners. 

Edited by Tyboogie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Top 50-60 sure, top 30 hell no, doesnt offer stocks

 

 

1 steal per game on his career, decent for a 4....and his assists from that spot should make up for the lack of blocks imo.

 

don't say i didn't warn ya.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, scienze said:

 

 

1 steal per game on his career, decent for a 4....and his assists from that spot should make up for the lack of blocks imo.

 

don't say i didn't warn ya.

Enjoy the 20+ missed games dont say I didnt warn ya

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing with Griffin is that over the last couple years he has been nearing the 2 threes a game mark. If he can get 1.9 or anywhere over 2 threes a game he becomes a poor mans Jokic. If you are taking Jokic in the top 7 of most drafts and he gets around 1 steal and no blocks, i think taking Griffin in the 3rd round is very plausible. I am not saying Jokic and Griffin are on the same level but they are the same kind of fantasy player, Good % big men who can pass and shoot the 3. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Enjoy the 20+ missed games dont say I didnt warn ya

 

injuries happen .. he’s played full seasons in the past, so i’m willing to take that risk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, scienze said:

 

injuries happen .. he’s played full seasons in the past, so i’m willing to take that risk 

 

Thats what I am thinking. In a build where you are punting blks, Rebs he's one of the best bigs you can have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

 

Thats what I am thinking. In a build where you are punting blks, Rebs he's one of the best bigs you can have.

 

i don’t even consider him a punt rebound big

 

he’s 9 rpg on his career and outside of last year where he was hurt, he’s remained around 8 per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, scienze said:

 

i don’t even consider him a punt rebound big

 

he’s 9 rpg on his career and outside of last year where he was hurt, he’s remained around 8 per game.

 

His lack of rebounding will frustrate you if you're building around big men cats. Drummond is gonna gobble them up. He's a perfect fit for a guard oriented team that punts FG, TO and REBS. Had him last year, FG% was mad frustrating at times but his 3's and assists were $$$ for my team plus his FT% was acceptable.

Edited by sharkpotato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

 

His lack of rebounding will frustrate you if you're building around big men cats. Drummond is gonna gobble them up. He's a perfect fit for a guard oriented team that punts FG, TO and REBS. Had him last year, FG% was mad frustrating at times but his 3's and assists were $$$ for my team plus his FT% was acceptable.

 

 

depends.. if he reverts back to his regular 8-9 per game, he’s a good rebounder at the 4

 

if 6-7 per game becomes his norm, that makes him a weak rebounder at the 4, but still not enough to punt rebounds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

drummond is a better rebounder than DJ. Don't expect a big increase in Blake's rebounds, if anything they could continue to decline due to a combination of age and camping out at the 3 point line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

drummond is a better rebounder than DJ. Don't expect a big increase in Blake's rebounds, if anything they could continue to decline due to a combination of age and camping out at the 3 point line. 

 

 

drummond and deandre are pretty much the same in terms of rebounding 

 

im really curious to see what blake does on the boards this year. there’s absolutely no way he can do less than the 6.6 he averaged after the trade though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JLoson0550 said:

Solid target if you are punting fg%

 

 

thats another thing, blake griffin has historically been a 50% shooter ... and last year he shot 44% ... i know he shot more threes, but even his 2p% was way down. i believe he will be back up to at least the 47-48% range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.