• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
tooalive

Jalen Richard 2018 Outlook

Didn't see a thread for him in 2018 yet.

Targeted 11 times and caught 9 for 55 yds against the Rams last night.

Owned in less than 1% of ESPN leagues, but 11 targets is hard to ignore. 5 carries as well, so he wasn't completely ignored in the running game.

Let's share some thoughts.

Edited by tooalive

My biggest concern is DeAndre Washington was inactive so we don't know how he will factor into this time share yet either.

Jalen looks to have the passing back role secured, but we don't know how Gruden views Washington's role yet either.

I don't think 11 targets seems sustainable. So if that normalizes a bit what are we looking at here, 8-12 touches a game as the COP back? Not bad especially in PPR, but not a must add either. Definitely keeping an eye on him to see what kind of trend develops. 

How many of his touches came in the late 3rd and 4th quarter during the blowout?

2 hours ago, herschel said:

Lynch was sick, Gruden said, but main reason he only had 11 carries was Gruden loved the Richard-LBs matchup. Richard had 9 catches for 55 yards

Is that an endorsement of Richard or are you saying it's a fluke?

2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Is that an endorsement of Richard or are you saying it's a fluke?

im saying theres something that Gruden likes about Richard.  I dont know enough about the raiders to know if its enough to become a part of the weekly game plan or if its a week to week basis, but its good to know gruden likes what he sees in him.  also, carr didnt look great so i imagine enough games where they are playing from behind and he gets plenty of dump offs....

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

im saying theres something that Gruden likes about Richard.  I dont know enough about the raiders to know if its enough to become a part of the weekly game plan or if its a week to week basis, but its good to know gruden likes what he sees in him.  also, carr didnt look great so i imagine enough games where they are playing from behind and he gets plenty of dump offs....

Yeah I agree, didn't realize he was only 24

I'm grabbing him with a no 3 weekly waiver but mostly because my rbs are trash

I'm thinking about him, but Deandre Washington is coming back soon and he can also catch. Even if Lynch gets injured, Doug Martin will be the lead back right? I feel like Richard's ceiling at best is Theo Riddick type stats in a PPR, and I think that might be a long shot. I have some pretty bad guys at the end of my bench though, so I'm interested in hearing more about why Richard should be on a fantasy roster. For now I am keeping Gio Bernard over him, and Gio is terrible.

Edited by zorndogs

Is anybody else a believer in this guy? From preseason showings, it would lead me to believe he has some deep league (PPR) value,...

He's on my watch list.  Might try to get him next week, depending what happens.

Yeah I like his upside here if he can become the primary pass catching back--should be a number of games where game flow is in his favor.

Recently picked up Buck Allen but thinking of dropping him for Richards, only because I think his upside his higher, although potentially less steady than Allen. Anyway, I don't think anyone else in my league has any interest in Buck Allen if I do drop him, whereas Richard could become a hot waiver add with another game like this.

21 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

Yeah I like his upside here if he can become the primary pass catching back--should be a number of games where game flow is in his favor.

Recently picked up Buck Allen but thinking of dropping him for Richards, only because I think his upside his higher, although potentially less steady than Allen. Anyway, I don't think anyone else in my league has any interest in Buck Allen if I do drop him, whereas Richard could become a hot waiver add with another game like this.

I'm really tempted to go and grab/stash him in case of/ advance of another good game, but am hoping he slips through the cracks and can be a waiver add for me if one of my bench backs has 1 more bum outing. I'm still wavering on waiting that long. I really buy into Gruden's mess and Richards seems fully a part of it.

Edited by nlm

21 minutes ago, nlm said:

I'm really tempted to go and grab/stash him in case of/ advance of another good game, but am hoping he slips through the cracks and can be a waiver add for me if one of my bench backs has 1 more bum outing. I'm still wavering on waiting that long. I really buy into Gruden's mess and Richards seems fully a part of it.

Gotcha...

But...think of all those itch fingers nervously awaiting another RB to go down....

Actually you sound like you've got it also already...LOL

Edited by Pimpin'Texas

still haven't seen DWash yet, but he may give it a go this weekend ... cloudy on how the distribution is gonna shake out when he (Washington) is also active.

yeah big question is how it shakes out with D Wash and even D Martin in the fold too.........but Gruden seems to think he is very talented in the passing game, so could be worth a stash to see if can grab a hold of that role. With their D bad, and also I question how much separation Nelson and Cooper really get--could lead a lot of passes to the back and TEs

47 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

yeah big question is how it shakes out with D Wash and even D Martin in the fold too.........but Gruden seems to think he is very talented in the passing game, so could be worth a stash to see if can grab a hold of that role. With their D bad, and also I question how much separation Nelson and Cooper really get--could lead a lot of passes to the back and TEs

don't think Dooookie is a threat to Richard at all, matter of fact, woudn't shock me to see Doookie inactive once DWash is back in fine fettle.  

that CoP/third down back role is lookin' like a prime gig, i agree ... if Richard can hold off DWash, and plant his flag, then, yeah ... we got sumthin' pliable in ppr, no question. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Classic Jalen Richard. He did the exact same thing week 1 in 2016 and week 2 last year, had a big game then does jack squat the rest of the season. 

Through his first 3  games he has scored x2 in double digits in PPR leagues. I know that he disappeared in week 2, but Gruden does seem to like him... He tied Jordy on the day with 6 receptions. He has 11 through 3. 
Anything to see here? Maybe deep leagues?

Richard caught six of seven targets for 59 yards in Sunday's 28-20 loss to the Dolphins.
Edited by nlm

Bumping this one. He's one of my favorite PPR sleepers, and with Hines likely to draw attention on the wire, if you can't or don't think you can afford or land him, Richards deserves a deep look....

Inconsistent a bit and uninspiring as a runner aside...

"Richard is on pace for just over 600 receiving yards and nearly 100 targets this season through four weeks, having racked up 18 catches for 152 yards on 23 targets."

That's 600 yards and can be real solid in PPR.

Guy continues to be useful in PPR.  Saw he had 50% snap share last week which has a lot to do with game flow.  Any chance he cuts into Martin's run attempts and becomes the overall #2 on the roster vs the passing down back?