Letitbe793

Grant Lavigne, 1B, COL

Heck of a debut for the 1B drafted 42nd overall in the 2018 draft out of Bedford HS in New Hampshire. 

In 59 games for Grand Junction: .350, 6 HR, 12 SB, 17.4% BB rate, 15.5 % K rate. 

I definitely don't think the SB will be a part of his game in the upper minors, MLB but hit tool and power look great and in the Rockies system? I'm hopping aboard and grabbing him wherever I can. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Letitbe793 said:

Heck of a debut for the 1B drafted 42nd overall in the 2018 draft out of Bedford HS in New Hampshire. 

In 59 games for Grand Junction: .350, 6 HR, 12 SB, 17.4% BB rate, 15.5 % K rate. 

I definitely don't think the SB will be a part of his game in the upper minors, MLB but hit tool and power look great and in the Rockies system? I'm hopping aboard and grabbing him wherever I can. 

I'd temper your optimism based on how Colorado likes to handle top prospects. 

• Like 1

looks like votto/goldy mold 1B, great batting eye it looks like

walked more than he K's in his cup of coffee still only 18

• Like 1

I like this guy a lot thanks to @garlando

More walks than strikeouts in Rookie ball, has a pretty damn good hit tool. 1b is only is scary AF for the NL, but guess what? UNIVERSAL DH IS COMING. Whether it comes this year, next or 2021, that's going to help his value. He even might get some steals!

Furthermore, this is a guy I'd like in my protfolio because I feel like its going to be very hard for a hitter like this to crash and burn in the minors with all the friendly parks in the Colorado system with the carrot at the end being Coors field.  He seems like someone you should be able to flip at any point you want.

He's been comped by some to Anthony Rizzo, imagine that... IN COORS. 

buy, buy, buy

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/potential-breakout-red-flag-first-base-prospects-entering-2019/

Baseball America article, paid content here, I won't quote it or anything but Badler and Cooper are calling for a breakout.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 4