Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luckynines

Jhoulys Chacin

Chacin could well be on his way to being the SAL's top breakout prospect in 2008. He's 7-1, 1.70 on the season and is at or near the top of SAL leaderboards in several categories, including wins, ERA, strikeouts, and innings pitched. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Chacin's season is the fact he actually has better numbers at home than on the road, even though his home park is an extreme hitter's park. At home, Chacin is 3-0, 1.29 in five starts, whereas on the road he's 4-1, 2.12. He hasn't allowed more than three earned runs in any of his starts, but the innings could be piling up though. Chacin has already gone seven innings or more in seven of his 10 starts, including the last five in a row. (Source-BA)

He is dominating low-A, prob. get moved to High-A soon enough, seems like he pitches at least 8IP every game, those in deep dynasty leagues w/minors should keep an eye on him.

Chacin could well be on his way to being the SAL's top breakout prospect in 2008. He's 7-1, 1.70 on the season and is at or near the top of SAL leaderboards in several categories, including wins, ERA, strikeouts, and innings pitched. Perhaps the most impressive thing about Chacin's season is the fact he actually has better numbers at home than on the road, even though his home park is an extreme hitter's park. At home, Chacin is 3-0, 1.29 in five starts, whereas on the road he's 4-1, 2.12. He hasn't allowed more than three earned runs in any of his starts, but the innings could be piling up though. Chacin has already gone seven innings or more in seven of his 10 starts, including the last five in a row. (Source-BA)

He is dominating low-A, prob. get moved to High-A soon enough, seems like he pitches at least 8IP every game, those in deep dynasty leagues w/minors should keep an eye on him.

Good stuff. Make sure you copy and past it to a word document and repost it after they clean up the system. We need to make sure the good stuff posted between 11 am EST and when they do the roll-back gets reposted. I was just reading about Chacin yesterday.

I like this kid too. His stuff still needs some work, but his curve and change are plus potential. He goes primarily with a fastball that sits around 89-92 and he tops out at 94, and commands it to both sides of the plate. A good fastball is really all you need to get guys at Low A out, so his success isn't as impressive to me. He needs to further develop his change and curve this year to be effective in the upper minors though.

Since his AA-promotion he has a 4/28 B/KK ratio;

Last start he did surrender a lot of hits, but also struck out a ton:

6IP/4-ER/12-Hits/0-BB/11’s

I think he is on the fast track. Maybe next year.

Late 2009 maybe.

any chance he leaves the bullpen and enters the big league rotation this year?

any chance he leaves the bullpen and enters the big league rotation this year?

Highly doubtful, even as optismistic as I am about, he has not pitched in AA yet.

It's been going around the AP wire that Chacin has been brought up (first seen it in a Denver paper). Quoting the article "... The Rockies designated left-hander Mark Redman for assignment and recalled right-hander Jhoulys Chacin from Class-A Modesto. . "

I'm thinking the original author typed the wrong name, as Chacin wouldn't be recalled as he's never been in the majors, but was looking for confirmation.

I know Sportsline was saying the same thing. Here's the link to the Detroit article http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../807190369/1004 -- I'm assuming it is not true...

Solid start to the '09 campaign in AA, not spectacular, but good nevertheless;

5-IP/3-Hits/1-ER/2-BB/3-SO

Solid start to the '09 campaign in AA, not spectacular, but good nevertheless;

5-IP/3-Hits/1-ER/2-BB/3-SO

Snatched him up in this year's draft, so I look forward to reveiwing this thread for updates...hopefully good ones.

Chacin had another solid outing;

5IP/2ER/3HITS/0BB/5K's

What I like most about Chacin is the fact that he has a very advanced changeup and his mound presence is quite impressive.

How does Chacin project? What is his ceiling?

Decent start to the season. Thru 9 games:

49 IP, 44 H, 3 HR, .235 BAA, 19 BB, 43 K

He's coming around. His K rate has picked up in May and he's still getting a healthy amount of GB (57%).

With progress, could see some AAA time this year and a Sept call-up isn't out of the question.

another nice outing tonight. through 7ip he has 10ks and 0bb

hopefully he gets a shot this yr

Lost his perfect game with 2 outs in the 6th inning.

Final line: 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, no walks, 10 strikeouts.

Lost his perfect game with 2 outs in the 6th inning.

Final line: 7 innings, 2 hits, 1 run, no walks, 10 strikeouts.

Very nice to hear, I like Chacin a lot, doesn't get a lot of Pub, but a very solid arm with an advanced change-up and solid command of all his pitches.

He just followed up this studly performance with another one tonight;

7-IP/5-Hits/1-ER/1-BB/4-K's

Last 2-games;

14-IP/3-ER/1-BB/14-K's

what happen to Chacin? He hasn't made a start in a long time.

isnt he on the dl wit inflamination? thats wat i heard

I have not heard that anywhere. Either way, he goes tonight.