Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luckynines

Jhoulys Chacin

Colorado Rockies top pitching prospect Jhoulys Chacin was removed after one inning of his start Wednesday night in Tulsa. The web site for the Double-A Drillers reports Chacin was removed as a precaution of possible future roster moves.

Earlier Wednesday, the Denver Post reported reliever Manny Corpas will have surgery Friday to remove bone chips from his elbow and might return in September. Corpas, who spent nearly a month on the disabled list with the injury, pitched in just two games since his return.

Chacin is likely on the move somewhere, if not the Rockies, then to Colorado Springs in place of whomever is called up to replace Corpas or possibly a trade.

"After the game, Colorado Rockies officials announced that Chacin was removed as a precaution for possible, future organizational moves."

Injury? Trade? Promotion?

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3869733

Colorado Rockies top pitching prospect Jhoulys Chacin was removed after one inning of his start Wednesday night in Tulsa. The web site for the Double-A Drillers reports Chacin was removed as a precaution of possible future roster moves.

Earlier Wednesday, the Denver Post reported reliever Manny Corpas will have surgery Friday to remove bone chips from his elbow and might return in September. Corpas, who spent nearly a month on the disabled list with the injury, pitched in just two games since his return.

Chacin is likely on the move somewhere, if not the Rockies, then to Colorado Springs in place of whomever is called up to replace Corpas or possibly a trade.

Nice to hear, I’ve liked Chacin for quite some time.

Nice to hear, I've liked Chacin for quite some time.

Sounds like he is getting called up to replaced Corpas in the BP. Hopefully he will be SP/RP in yahoo, could be a useful source of holds!

Sounds like he is getting called up to replaced Corpas in the BP. Hopefully he will be SP/RP in yahoo, could be a useful source of holds!

Source? or just pure speculation at this point? I'd like to see him gain RP eligibility and then start games in September.

Source? or just pure speculation at this point? I'd like to see him gain RP eligibility and then start games in September.

Nevermind, I saw it on RW per Fox Sports:

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Rockies will call on Jhoulys Chacin from Double-A Tulsa to pitch in the bullpen.

Chacin was removed from a start Wednesday after one inning, spurring all sorts of trade speculation. It turns out the Rockies simply want his arm in their injury-riddled bullpen. The 21-year-old was 8-6 with a 3.14 ERA for Tulsa and is the Rockies' No. 2 prospect according to Baseball America.

So it should be safe to assume yahoo will add him as a SP? Not sure how they decide this..

So it should be safe to assume yahoo will add him as a SP? Not sure how they decide this..

I believe once he goes into a game then he will hit waivers. Then he will be given his SP or RP or both depending on their rules. I'd assume he'll be out there by the middle of next week at the latest.

I've had Chacin for 2-yrs now in my dynasty so it will be nice to finally see him get the call, that is if the above mentioned report is accurate.

Rockies acquire betancourt today : (

Awesome thanks for link!

Yea I like this kid a lot, on a sad note I just dealt him in my Dynasty league today B) I will still be following the kid, I like him a ton!

With the trade for Betancourt does that do anything for Chacin? Do we think he can be a member of the rotation still this year or are they going to handle him with kid gloves and pitch him out of the pen? Does getting called up give him a great shot at a rotation spot next season?

With the trade for Betancourt does that do anything for Chacin? Do we think he can be a member of the rotation still this year or are they going to handle him with kid gloves and pitch him out of the pen? Does getting called up give him a great shot at a rotation spot next season?

I doubt he pitches in the bigs this year. If he does it'll only be a start or two. Nothing to really make you want to stash him as those would be risky starts.

I doubt he pitches in the bigs this year. If he does it'll only be a start or two. Nothing to really make you want to stash him as those would be risky starts.

Would take an injury or a trade at this point it seems..

Would take an injury or a trade at this point it seems..

Or the Rockies entirely drop out of the Wild Card race... Which I don't see happening

Well he has been added to yahoo as RP unfortunately. Looks like his initial role will be long relief.

SF-COL on MLB Network tonight. Lets hope we see Chacin's debut.

seems like he will be sent down soon, he isnt getting any playing time in the big leagues

In rotation now per CBS - thoughts?

probably only go 60-65 pitches tonight so 4-5 innings max I would expect. Been a reliever for a while now so I doubt the Rockies would leave him as a starter unless they had too.

probably only go 60-65 pitches tonight so 4-5 innings max I would expect. Been a reliever for a while now so I doubt the Rockies would leave him as a starter unless they had too.

A while? He has only been one for three weeks, I do agree that he doesn't go that many innings but if they were only going to pitch him 60-65 pitches they would have just started Josh Fogg instead.