RedDogNamedClippers

Rodney Hood 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I’ll take a flier on him, most likely will be the Cavs leading until love gets back, new coach, maybe that will turn things around and run more plays for him. He show flashes of what he is capable of doing and being a leader on the floor in today game, although it’s just vs the Hawks, I would hate to miss out on a guy that could potentially put up 18-20ppg of the wire. Must add in 12 teams 

Dude shot 40% when he was the secondary/third scoring option in Utah with very little else. I am not very optimistic with his FG% as the primary option, though he can most certainly hoist enough shots to put up numbers. Massive opportunity, hope he makes something of it so he can sign a massive contract somewhere else.

2nd most added player on Yahoo so far today behind Pascal Siakam (who I already added). I think he'll become the #1 option now that Lue is out as coach, and that Love is out for a while. I dropped Wesley Matthews for him. I believe Hood's usage will be high while Love is out, which means he'll have added upside to put up nights like he did against the Hawks. He'll have dud nights every now and then, but I think 17/3/2 with 2-3 3's a game is a reasonable stat line while Love is out. The FG% won't be pretty, but I'll take 17 points and 2-3 3's a night any day of the week. His FT% is high, and his TO's are low, which adds to his value. I think he'll hold top 75-100 value while Love is out. He's currently ranked 90th in Roto leagues on Yahoo right now. Hopefully he is unleashed in the youth movement in Cleveland, but we shall see. 

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wogee said:

Is he getting hot?

should I pickup now? 12 teams league.

I want to understand why he's on waivers in your league. 

Please tell me your league starters and bench size so I can get a true understanding please. 

I can use this information to see how others value him 

45 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Please tell me your league starters and bench size so I can get a true understanding please. 

He is also on the WW in my 10 team H2H league - 9 cat - 10 starters and 3 bench players (daily)

7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I dropped him the other day in a 12 team custom H2H league with extra bench slots and an IR slot. IMHO he's the most replaceable type of player in H2H. Decent/good %'s, 13-15ish points, some 3's. No stocks really, no rebs or assists. He's like Harrison Barnes lite. 

Plus he's also a sg/sf in ESPN. There's a lot of sg/sf types floating around on the waiver wires with decent production, higher ceilings or streamers.  

7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Over 24 yahoo leagues, none with a buy-in less than $100 and most either $250 or $500, he's available in 6, so a fourth.  All 12 teamer H2H, most with normal cats and normal benches, only 2-3 that are a little different (8 cat, one extra bench spot, etc).

The Cavs situation is kinda like the Knicks: Hood, Clarkson, Sexton, Osman, sometimes Hill, (maybe you can include Nance or even Thompson here, but I was focusing mostly on smalls/swings)...one of them will have a good (useable) game, every night.  But which one?  Likewise the Knicks with Burke, Dotson, Trier, Mudiay, Frank...you never know if the guy you happen to stream is gonna hit or not, so they're perpetually being dropped and picked up, dropped and picked up.  

As of this exact second, I have Hood in four leagues.  A couple of them I own Shumpert for the b2b this weekend and I need to save a move to drop him for someone Monday.  But in the other ones?  If Hood sucks tonight and I'm still close in a couple cats, he's gone for someone tomorrow.  No loyalty to this guy, he'll probably be available next week again if I really want him.  If not, Clarkson will be.  Maybe Garrett Temple.  Maybe Monk gets hot.  There's like 5-6 guys that do the same s---, all borderline 12 teamers.

9 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He is available in 75% of yahoo fantasy leagues. 

you are talking like the player we talking about is Montrezl Harrell... 

4 hours ago, Wogee said:

He is available in 75% of yahoo fantasy leagues. 

you are talking like the player we talking about is Montrezl Harrell... 

I wasn't talking any kind of way. You should re-read what I said. It was purely a question to gain understanding. 

I'm in a 12 man with 15 roster slots each team. He was drafted and never dropped. If he was dropped I assume he'd be instantly picked up and never available again. 

If you're in a 12 man league with 10 roster slots it would make more sense to me. If you're also with 15 roster slots it means I would need to reevaluate my opinion on him. 

I love to stream, but it's difficult to understand other people's values of players often. So I come here, but no one ever tells me their league and roster limits so I almost never get anything out of these discussions. With hood I'm truly curious though since you said you're also in a 12 man league. 

And these hot waiver pickup threads. Waste of time for me. All these dudes have been owned since day 1 mostly. 

I'm just trying to learn here not call people dummies. 

5 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Over 24 yahoo leagues, none with a buy-in less than $100 and most either $250 or $500, he's available in 6, so a fourth.  All 12 teamer H2H, most with normal cats and normal benches, only 2-3 that are a little different (8 cat, one extra bench spot, etc).

The Cavs situation is kinda like the Knicks: Hood, Clarkson, Sexton, Osman, sometimes Hill, (maybe you can include Nance or even Thompson here, but I was focusing mostly on smalls/swings)...one of them will have a good (useable) game, every night.  But which one?  Likewise the Knicks with Burke, Dotson, Trier, Mudiay, Frank...you never know if the guy you happen to stream is gonna hit or not, so they're perpetually being dropped and picked up, dropped and picked up.  

As of this exact second, I have Hood in four leagues.  A couple of them I own Shumpert for the b2b this weekend and I need to save a move to drop him for someone Monday.  But in the other ones?  If Hood sucks tonight and I'm still close in a couple cats, he's gone for someone tomorrow.  No loyalty to this guy, he'll probably be available next week again if I really want him.  If not, Clarkson will be.  Maybe Garrett Temple.  Maybe Monk gets hot.  There's like 5-6 guys that do the same s---, all borderline 12 teamers.

What is "normal bench"? 

I've played with 15 roster slots since I started and this has been normal to me. 

But when I look around and read "hot pickup" threads it makes me believe I'm in a pretty deep league. 

6 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I wasn't talking any kind of way. You should re-read what I said. It was purely a question to gain understanding. 

I'm in a 12 man with 15 roster slots each team. He was drafted and never dropped. If he was dropped I assume he'd be instantly picked up and never available again. 

If you're in a 12 man league with 10 roster slots it would make more sense to me. If you're also with 15 roster slots it means I would need to reevaluate my opinion on him. 

I love to stream, but it's difficult to understand other people's values of players often. So I come here, but no one ever tells me their league and roster limits so I almost never get anything out of these discussions. With hood I'm truly curious though since you said you're also in a 12 man league. 

And these hot waiver pickup threads. Waste of time for me. All these dudes have been owned since day 1 mostly. 

I'm just trying to learn here not call people dummies. 

I think the standard Yahoo H2H leagues are 13 deep with 2 IR spots, without any customization.

• Thanks 1

I dropped him in my 14 teamer (2nd time dropping him) before his good game. His way too inconsistent this year. I even kept mikal bridges over him for upside.  The 75% of time he gives hollow stats with avg points and maybe a 3 or non at all. I don't get in Utah he was chucking away 3s at a high clip and now in Cavs where he has all the opportunity in world he stop shooting 3s. 

4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What is "normal bench"? 

I've played with 15 roster slots since I started and this has been normal to me. 

But when I look around and read "hot pickup" threads it makes me believe I'm in a pretty deep league. 

The yahoo default/pro league settings are ten starters, three bench players, two IR spots. So yeah, if you're in a twelve team league, you have 24 more uninjured players than the "usual". 

• Like 1

Who benefits from this deal? Certainly not Rodney.