tongs

Gordon Hayward 2018-2019 Season Outlook

In keepers/dynasty leagues  is he worth stashing now that AD wants out?

Boston is the most likely destination for AD, and if Hayward is traded (not likely) that provides new opportunity for him.

Most likely Tatum and Brown will be part of the package for AD and that moves Hayward in starting lineup with 30+ minutes per game.

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

In keepers/dynasty leagues  is he worth stashing now that AD wants out?

Boston is the most likely destination for AD, and if Hayward is traded (not likely) that provides new opportunity for him.

Most likely Tatum and Brown will be part of the package for AD and that moves Hayward in starting lineup with 30+ minutes per game.

In my humble opinion, absolutely 0% chance Tatum is traded. 

Brown and Hayward I think would be the package. Maybe Terry Rozier and Brown. Smart, idk. No way they trade Tatum. 

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Next year AD is making 25 mil this year,  next year 27 mil.  Hayward 31 and 32.7 mil. 

AD is 25, Hayward 28. 

No reason for NO to accept any offer that includes Hayward. 

Lakers offer:  Kuzma, Ingram, Ball + whatever picks

Celtics offer:  Brown, Smart,  Rozier +  whatever picks

lakers offer includes younger players with more potential than Boston's.

Are Celtics willing to risk not getting AD just to keep Tatum?   AD is much, much better that Tatum will ever be

15 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Brown and Hayward I think would be the package. Maybe Terry Rozier and Brown. Smart, idk. No way they trade Tatum. 

Lol.  No one is trading for Hayward.  That offer is typical Ainge (or Celtics' fan ) offer.  Boston can't trade for AD because they already have Irving with the Rose Designation.  They sure as hell aren't getting him unless Tatum and their best owed picks are in the mix.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gorgeous George said:

Lol.  No one is trading for Hayward.  That offer is typical Ainge (or Celtics' fan ) offer.  Boston can't trade for AD because they already have Irving with the Rose Designation.  They sure as hell aren't getting him unless Tatum and their best owed picks are in the mix.

I’m a Nuggets fan lol. I’m just saying, Tatum is going no where. 

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Then there is an absolute 0% chance Boston get Davis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

Then there is an absolute 0% chance Boston get Davis. 

I don’t think they end up with Davis regardless. Tatum is like 20 though and looks like a superstar. He isn’t going anywhere. I think the Lakers will get him for a Ball Ingram + picks package. Not sure they trade Ball Ingram and Kuzma. Although they might, AD is obviously worth it all. 

21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Jayson Tatum has become more myth than legend. If he was on the Nuggets instead of the Celtics he'd be another really good player. But because he's on the Celtics his 16/6/2 is viewed as otherworldly production. 

22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Next year AD is making 25 mil this year,  next year 27 mil.  Hayward 31 and 32.7 mil. 

AD is 25, Hayward 28. 

No reason for NO to accept any offer that includes Hayward. 

Lakers offer:  Kuzma, Ingram, Ball + whatever picks

Celtics offer:  Brown, Smart,  Rozier +  whatever picks

lakers offer includes younger players with more potential than Boston's.

Are Celtics willing to risk not getting AD just to keep Tatum?   AD is much, much better that Tatum will ever be

What picks does LA have to offer? Its the first round picks Boston has amassed which is exactly what a team like NO is going to covet.... i bet a package of Brown, Rozier, Smart and picks would get it done

7 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

What picks does LA have to offer? Its the first round picks Boston has amassed which is exactly what a team like NO is going to covet.... i bet a package of Brown, Rozier, Smart and picks would get it done

As I said earlier Boston is the most likely destination for AD. However, draft picks are overrated in Brown and Tatum case.   They are 22 and 22, still on rookie contracts.  Why go through draft and hope you can get someone as good as those two now?

Brown + Tatum + Smart + picks for Davis works for  both teams.

Salaries match (according to the ESPN trade machine).

NO gets young players under contracts to build  for the future.  Celtics still have  Irving, Hayward, AD, Horford  as 4 starters.  They can pair Rozier with Irving and move Hayward to SF. Or they can sign  add free agents chasing the ring on minimum deals to fill the rest of the roster

Anyone who thinks Tatum isnt being included is delusional. Even if Tatum was traded Hayward has been hot garbage anyways this year, and its not like they can even trade for AD this season. 

I think if Hayward had stayed with the Jazz, he would have continue to perform well since he was 1a to Donovan.  Celtics just has too many gunners and 'me' mentality that made Hayward crawl into a hole.  Grass is seldom greener on the other side as Kyrie can attest.

• Like 1

Hayward isn't physically right.  He may never be again.  A new team isn't fixing him, at least not this year.  No one is trading for him and his contract is now an albatross around the Celtics neck.

20 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

As I said earlier Boston is the most likely destination for AD. However, draft picks are overrated in Brown and Tatum case.   They are 22 and 22, still on rookie contracts.  Why go through draft and hope you can get someone as good as those two now?

NO gets young players under contracts to build  for the future.  Celtics still have  Irving, Hayward, AD, Horford  as 4 starters.  They can pair Rozier with Irving and move Hayward to SF. Or they can sign  add free agents chasing the ring on minimum deals to fill the rest of the roster

yea, that could work too but i think Boston is obviously going to try and retain Tatum....will they be able to, probably not....but my who original point was that Celtics have the better packages avaialble, players and picks....vs what Laker can offer...

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

I think if Hayward had stayed with the Jazz, he would have continue to perform well since he was 1a to Donovan.  Celtics just has too many gunners and 'me' mentality that made Hayward crawl into a hole.  Grass is seldom greener on the other side as Kyrie can attest.

oh stop with that nonsense.... Hayward had a bad injury and obviously isnt the same player, so you cant even speculate on his situation...and i wouldnt say Kyrie feels the same way...also got injured and is starting to come around and figure it out...

What if Portland drafted MJ instead of Sam Bowie? A lot of what ifs here

On 1/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, Gile Pile said:

The Celtics aren't going to trade for AD before the deadline because they simply can't due to the Rose rule (unless they trade Irving back):

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/11/26/anthony-davis-kyrie-irving-rose-rule

48 minutes ago, CutYoHairTrae said:

Is he back?

Kyrie was out tonight because of his knee. So I wouldn't hold my breath. 

If Kyrie's knee thing is serious, then he is a must pickup (BOS already said it isn't serious but who knows?). 

Based on recent games, Hayward is looking ready for a great post ASB run heading into the playoffs. Boston needs him to consistently score 15+ppg to be able to make it far this year in the east, buckle up. Just picked him up off the WW.

Edited by HBARZ93

1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Twists right ankle during a workout and questionable to play vs Mil

This is also his right ankle he twisted - his left ankle was the one he dislocated. Treat as a regular sore ankle, should be GTD or back the next game. 

12 minutes ago, HBARZ93 said:

ok just dropped this bum - freaking garbage.

Yeah just dropped him too. Been holding on to him all season hoping for the best but nope...Hes proved he's trash this season.