tongs

Gordon Hayward 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

In keepers/dynasty leagues  is he worth stashing now that AD wants out?

Boston is the most likely destination for AD, and if Hayward is traded (not likely) that provides new opportunity for him.

Most likely Tatum and Brown will be part of the package for AD and that moves Hayward in starting lineup with 30+ minutes per game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

In keepers/dynasty leagues  is he worth stashing now that AD wants out?

Boston is the most likely destination for AD, and if Hayward is traded (not likely) that provides new opportunity for him.

Most likely Tatum and Brown will be part of the package for AD and that moves Hayward in starting lineup with 30+ minutes per game.

 

In my humble opinion, absolutely 0% chance Tatum is traded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown and Hayward I think would be the package. Maybe Terry Rozier and Brown. Smart, idk. No way they trade Tatum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

In my humble opinion, absolutely 0% chance Tatum is traded. 

Next year AD is making 25 mil this year,  next year 27 mil.  Hayward 31 and 32.7 mil. 

AD is 25, Hayward 28. 

No reason for NO to accept any offer that includes Hayward. 

 

Lakers offer:  Kuzma, Ingram, Ball + whatever picks

Celtics offer:  Brown, Smart,  Rozier +  whatever picks

 

lakers offer includes younger players with more potential than Boston's.

Are Celtics willing to risk not getting AD just to keep Tatum?   AD is much, much better that Tatum will ever be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Brown and Hayward I think would be the package. Maybe Terry Rozier and Brown. Smart, idk. No way they trade Tatum. 

Lol.  No one is trading for Hayward.  That offer is typical Ainge (or Celtics' fan ) offer.  Boston can't trade for AD because they already have Irving with the Rose Designation.  They sure as hell aren't getting him unless Tatum and their best owed picks are in the mix.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gorgeous George said:

Lol.  No one is trading for Hayward.  That offer is typical Ainge (or Celtics' fan ) offer.  Boston can't trade for AD because they already have Irving with the Rose Designation.  They sure as hell aren't getting him unless Tatum and their best owed picks are in the mix.

I’m a Nuggets fan lol. I’m just saying, Tatum is going no where. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

In my humble opinion, absolutely 0% chance Tatum is traded. 

Then there is an absolute 0% chance Boston get Davis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

Then there is an absolute 0% chance Boston get Davis. 

I don’t think they end up with Davis regardless. Tatum is like 20 though and looks like a superstar. He isn’t going anywhere. I think the Lakers will get him for a Ball Ingram + picks package. Not sure they trade Ball Ingram and Kuzma. Although they might, AD is obviously worth it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Brown and Hayward I think would be the package. Maybe Terry Rozier and Brown. Smart, idk. No way they trade Tatum. 

 

 Jayson Tatum has become more myth than legend. If he was on the Nuggets instead of the Celtics he'd be another really good player. But because he's on the Celtics his 16/6/2 is viewed as otherworldly production. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Next year AD is making 25 mil this year,  next year 27 mil.  Hayward 31 and 32.7 mil. 

AD is 25, Hayward 28. 

No reason for NO to accept any offer that includes Hayward. 

 

Lakers offer:  Kuzma, Ingram, Ball + whatever picks

Celtics offer:  Brown, Smart,  Rozier +  whatever picks

 

lakers offer includes younger players with more potential than Boston's.

Are Celtics willing to risk not getting AD just to keep Tatum?   AD is much, much better that Tatum will ever be

 

What picks does LA have to offer? Its the first round picks Boston has amassed which is exactly what a team like NO is going to covet.... i bet a package of Brown, Rozier, Smart and picks would get it done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

 

What picks does LA have to offer? Its the first round picks Boston has amassed which is exactly what a team like NO is going to covet.... i bet a package of Brown, Rozier, Smart and picks would get it done

As I said earlier Boston is the most likely destination for AD. However, draft picks are overrated in Brown and Tatum case.   They are 22 and 22, still on rookie contracts.  Why go through draft and hope you can get someone as good as those two now?

Brown + Tatum + Smart + picks for Davis works for  both teams.

Salaries match (according to the ESPN trade machine).

NO gets young players under contracts to build  for the future.  Celtics still have  Irving, Hayward, AD, Horford  as 4 starters.  They can pair Rozier with Irving and move Hayward to SF. Or they can sign  add free agents chasing the ring on minimum deals to fill the rest of the roster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks Tatum isnt being included is delusional. Even if Tatum was traded Hayward has been hot garbage anyways this year, and its not like they can even trade for AD this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if Hayward had stayed with the Jazz, he would have continue to perform well since he was 1a to Donovan.  Celtics just has too many gunners and 'me' mentality that made Hayward crawl into a hole.  Grass is seldom greener on the other side as Kyrie can attest.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hayward isn't physically right.  He may never be again.  A new team isn't fixing him, at least not this year.  No one is trading for him and his contract is now an albatross around the Celtics neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

As I said earlier Boston is the most likely destination for AD. However, draft picks are overrated in Brown and Tatum case.   They are 22 and 22, still on rookie contracts.  Why go through draft and hope you can get someone as good as those two now?

Brown + Tatum + Smart + picks for Davis works for  both teams.

Salaries match (according to the ESPN trade machine).

NO gets young players under contracts to build  for the future.  Celtics still have  Irving, Hayward, AD, Horford  as 4 starters.  They can pair Rozier with Irving and move Hayward to SF. Or they can sign  add free agents chasing the ring on minimum deals to fill the rest of the roster

 

 

yea, that could work too but i think Boston is obviously going to try and retain Tatum....will they be able to, probably not....but my who original point was that Celtics have the better packages avaialble, players and picks....vs what Laker can offer...

 

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

I think if Hayward had stayed with the Jazz, he would have continue to perform well since he was 1a to Donovan.  Celtics just has too many gunners and 'me' mentality that made Hayward crawl into a hole.  Grass is seldom greener on the other side as Kyrie can attest.

 

 

oh stop with that nonsense.... Hayward had a bad injury and obviously isnt the same player, so you cant even speculate on his situation...and i wouldnt say Kyrie feels the same way...also got injured and is starting to come around and figure it out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if Portland drafted MJ instead of Sam Bowie? A lot of what ifs here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, Gile Pile said:

As I said earlier Boston is the most likely destination for AD. However, draft picks are overrated in Brown and Tatum case.   They are 22 and 22, still on rookie contracts.  Why go through draft and hope you can get someone as good as those two now?

Brown + Tatum + Smart + picks for Davis works for  both teams.

Salaries match (according to the ESPN trade machine).

NO gets young players under contracts to build  for the future.  Celtics still have  Irving, Hayward, AD, Horford  as 4 starters.  They can pair Rozier with Irving and move Hayward to SF. Or they can sign  add free agents chasing the ring on minimum deals to fill the rest of the roster

 

The Celtics aren't going to trade for AD before the deadline because they simply can't due to the Rose rule (unless they trade Irving back):

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/11/26/anthony-davis-kyrie-irving-rose-rule

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CutYoHairTrae said:

Is he back?

Kyrie was out tonight because of his knee. So I wouldn't hold my breath. 

If Kyrie's knee thing is serious, then he is a must pickup (BOS already said it isn't serious but who knows?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on recent games, Hayward is looking ready for a great post ASB run heading into the playoffs. Boston needs him to consistently score 15+ppg to be able to make it far this year in the east, buckle up. Just picked him up off the WW.

Edited by HBARZ93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Twists right ankle during a workout and questionable to play vs Mil

This is also his right ankle he twisted - his left ankle was the one he dislocated. Treat as a regular sore ankle, should be GTD or back the next game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HBARZ93 said:

ok just dropped this bum - freaking garbage.

Yeah just dropped him too. Been holding on to him all season hoping for the best but nope...Hes proved he's trash this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.