tongs

Gordon Hayward 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 1/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, ez2do4now said:

I think if Hayward had stayed with the Jazz, he would have continue to perform well since he was 1a to Donovan.  Celtics just has too many gunners and 'me' mentality that made Hayward crawl into a hole.  Grass is seldom greener on the other side as Kyrie can attest.

Wonder if he regrets leaving Utah? Things have not gone well since his first game there in Boston. Imagine him in Ingles spot with D-Mitch. Hayward took me to several championships when he was with Utah, he balled out there and wasn't afraid to take it took the rack either.

Edited by Forever Smooth

Just now, Forever Smooth said:

Wonder if he regrets leaving Utah? Things have not gone well since his first game there in Boston. Imagine him in Ingles spot with D-Mitch. Hayward took me to several championships when he was with Utah, he balled out there and wasn't afraid to take it took the rack either.

I should say he helped me take several chips.

Said it then , ill say it now. He shoudlv’e been dropped a long time ago. All hes done is basically sabotage your own team , sprinkled with a few good games here and there , to keep you on the train. And his big games have usually correlated with Kyrie or Morris, or someone else being injured. Hes in the worst possible scenario, coming off a major injury to a deep Celtics team, with some great talent at the guard and wing positions. Boston is aimed for a deep playoff push, Kyrie might bolt next year, it’s a win now situation. They dont have the luxury to slowly bring him along, and keep feeding him the rock  so he gains his confidence back. Hayward needs the ball in his hands, especially now more then ever. Hes needs to drive , cut, play aggressive. You can’t just park him on the 3 pt line and expect him to drill those . Hes actually a good shooter, on and off ball, but you can forget him

this year.

• Like 2

biggest regret this season drafting hayward 5th round over likes of aaron gordon or vucevic (although probably wouldn't have drafted him). second after dunn over dlo. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, iowncrazyhair said:

Seems like he’s getting worse tbh

And now he’s getting our hopes up

4 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

And now he’s getting our hopes up

I personally think he’s ready to produce, but he’s on a poorly coached team with a lot of me first adittude.... 

2 hours ago, B.Winslow said:

I personally think he’s ready to produce, but he’s on a poorly coached team with a lot of me first adittude.... 

Tell me you are kidding. You are saying Brad Stevens can’t coach. Either you are trolling or you just don’t know basketball. 

People are so easy to forget that he suffered what could have been a career ending injury. Coming into a brand new team that no longer have to centered around his skills set like Utah. Of course he struggled, is struggling, and will be struggling. Be realistic. If you are expecting Utah days stats you are delusional. If you reached for him in the 5th round then you should know high risk high rewards and sometimes those picks don’t pan out. The closest someone have suffered similar injury would be Paul George and he said it took him more than 2 years just to feel normal again. Come on people, be realistic. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ginocan said:

Tell me you are kidding. You are saying Brad Stevens can’t coach. Either you are trolling or you just don’t know basketball. 

People are so easy to forget that he suffered what could have been a career ending injury. Coming into a brand new team that no longer have to centered around his skills set like Utah. Of course he struggled, is struggling, and will be struggling. Be realistic. If you are expecting Utah days stats you are delusional. If you reached for him in the 5th round then you should know high risk high rewards and sometimes those picks don’t pan out. The closest someone have suffered similar injury would be Paul George and he said it took him more than 2 years just to feel normal again. Come on people, be realistic. 

Have you watched any Celtics games this year? I have, a lot of them. And yes they have been terribly coached all year and have been playing hero ball, zero ball movement, terrible chemistry, and lots of terrible forced shots. So you can pretend you know a lot about ball, but you ain’t watching any, that’s obvious.  Turn the Tv on and watch a game. Love people who only watch box scores and make assumptions. Their chemistry has been terrible, that’s the coaches job, and he’s failed all year. 

Edited by B.Winslow

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ginocan said:

This was a team that was supposed to be an elite team in the east, right? Have they played like that up till this point? Nope, but somehow that’s not the coaches fault? The Celtics all year have looked like a team of “me” first basketball players where every player is playing for their next big contract and trying to prove they are starting material. Last night, I watched that game again, they moved the ball, they looked unselfish, and no coincidence the team flourished, like they have been with Kyrie out. Coach has to be able to integrate the pieces, up till last night, they’ve been unable able to do that. If the celts want to turn their season around, stop the losing skid they have been on, they need to play team ball, and yes, that comes from the coach staff. 

Edited by B.Winslow

2 hours ago, B.Winslow said:

This was a team that was supposed to be an elite team in the east, right? Have they played like that up till this point? Nope, but somehow that’s not the coaches fault? The Celtics all year have looked like a team of “me” first basketball players where every player is playing for their next big contract and trying to prove they are starting material. Last night, I watched that game again, they moved the ball, they looked unselfish, and no coincidence the team flourished, like they have been with Kyrie out. Coach has to be able to integrate the pieces, up till last night, they’ve been unable able to do that. If the celts want to turn their season around, stop the losing skid they have been on, they need to play team ball, and yes, that comes from the coach staff. 

I certainly don't give the coach a pass here on their season because it has exposed some of his weaknesses, but Haywards situation isn't a Stevens issue or a "Me-First" team issue...he limited by his physical abilities and aggressiveness.  There are soooo many possessions where he defers or is too slow. This guys has a green light from everyone in the entire organization to be more assertive if he feels he has it. 

To throw the blanket statement that the Cs are poorly coached is a reach. Stevens has repeatedly shown he excels turning B level players into A level players, and getting young players to play like seasoned vets. It continues this year with guys Smart, Jaylen and Morris making great strides forward. Kyrie is the first real test of his career co-exisiting with an alpha ego star in the locker room and on the floor. Thats the other side of coaching at the NBA level. He may or may not figure it out and it has looked particularly bad the past few weeks. But part of being a good coach is about being able to get a team out of a bad situation. You cant get the team out until you are actually in it. I think the guy has earned a little leash to try and work through it. Its not like they are going to miss the playoffs. If they finish the season well and make a strong showing in the playoffs it will all "Stevens is the man!!". If not then I will be the first to admit maybe he might not have the necessary NBA skills to integrate a team with true super-egos on it.

Hayward has been misused IMO. Is it because he hasn’t been looking for his shot, or has he been nervous on going 100% in? Who knows but the Celtics shouldn’t have been struggling like they have. However, I would last blame the coach not first.

Is he worth holding for dynasty leagues? He should be right? Low risk & high reward? 

I am hoping he gets that IR so I can banish him there until season is over. 

think he bounces back next season as it's a tough injury to get back from. Paul George said it took him almost 2 years to feel like he was fully back.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n3gative said:

think he bounces back next season as it's a tough injury to get back from. Paul George said it took him almost 2 years to feel like he was fully back.

not if hes on the same celtic team. they have too many guys at the wing.