tongs

Gordon Hayward 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He's on minute restrictions. If you look at his games two-years ago, he has about the same stat when playing 25 minutes or less. Just be patient. I think mid-late November is the right time for him to pick it up. I still believe he's a top 50 player this season.

i wish i can put him on IR until then. dreading this pick as my only bust of a pick so far. pretty much stuck since can't out right drop however the waivers are producing better than he is atm. I.E. danny green, josh hart. 10 team. however once he gets right i think he can be solid but this crowded celtics team is really limiting other player's numbers such as irving, brown, rozier, tatum.

• Like 1

I have him on my Buy-low list, sort of, but I'm also tempering my expectations.  That Celtics squad is stacked and they have so many options on offense.  That being said, Gordon is a good NBA player and his numbers will increase with the minutes.  I just don't expect him to have close to the same numbers he did in Utah, at least not on a nightly basis.

This guy is currently the most droppable but extremely rosterable player at the same time in my 10-team league

his averages aren't bad for 25 mins, he just needs that minutes restriction lifted but also very frustrating since he'll probably sit b2b's for a while. i should've known the risks and passed on him instead of going on name recognition. 

• Like 1

Thinking about swining a buy low for this guy but dont even know if it’s worth it. Minutes restriction may never be lifted and considering Hayward still feels pain in his ankle they’ll have no reason

10 team owners, are you considering dropping him? i can get instant production for his spot however i'm not sure if hayward will eventually get going. depends on the patience of when his minutes restriction will be lifted and if an extra 5 mins will even help. also he'll be sitting out b2bs for the near future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

10 team owners, are you considering dropping him? i can get instant production for his spot however i'm not sure if hayward will eventually get going. depends on the patience of when his minutes restriction will be lifted and if an extra 5 mins will even help. also he'll be sitting out b2bs for the near future. 

On 10/30/2018 at 2:09 PM, ellejamil said:

This guy is currently the most droppable but extremely rosterable player at the same time in my 10-team league

He is low enough to be considered droppable but too high good to be sitting on the wire :lol:

Personally, I shipped him. Got Otto Porter in two leagues, Murray in the other (when he was still slumping).

Edited by ellejamil

On 26.10.2018 at 11:52 PM, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I have him on my Buy-low list, sort of, but I'm also tempering my expectations.  That Celtics squad is stacked and they have so many options on offense.  That being said, Gordon is a good NBA player and his numbers will increase with the minutes.  I just don't expect him to have close to the same numbers he did in Utah, at least not on a nightly basis.

I agree! I got him on a ridiculous Zach Collins for Hayward deal. So I will be happy with a top 75 finish.... but I know I will get top 200 value for the next 2-4 weeks...

he'll get there. just need more patience. * insert talking to self *

On 10/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, subwayJ said:

give it times gents. Will be a solid pick up.

Gordy just hit waivers in my league (12-team) and I'm reeeeeally tempted to snatch him up -- even though I'm already loaded with wings.  How confident are we that he will return to form and productivity (i.e. minutes)? 

Help me Rotoworld Hivemind, you're my only hope!

11 minutes ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

Gordy just hit waivers in my league (12-team) and I'm reeeeeally tempted to snatch him up -- even though I'm already loaded with wings.  How confident are we that he will return to form and productivity (i.e. minutes)? 

Help me Rotoworld Hivemind, you're my only hope!

way too good to be on the wire.... we are in the second week of basketball lol.... people are always so quick to drop...

hard to know who youre drop would be though without knowing your team

• Like 1

They.will most likely take it easy on him until.yhe real playoffs. They are the deepest team in the league and a shoe in for the #1 seed in.yhe east so why wouldn't the?

10 minutes ago, Chase Money said:

They.will most likely take it easy on him until.yhe real playoffs. They are the deepest team in the league and a shoe in for the #1 seed in.yhe east so why wouldn't the?

Hope it doesn't hurt when Kawhi's huge hand slaps you across the face

• Like 4

If last night was any preview of what's to come when he's getting minutes and back into form. strong hold and pick up if available. 

1 hour ago, Chase Money said:

shoe in lol? not likely...

either way... Gordon cannot be on Waivers...

I see Hayward has been cleared to play in back-to-backs.  I know he's still working his way back into form; any Celtics fans or other observers have a sense of how his progress is going?  I know he's a stash; just hoping he gets back close to the player he was pre-injury, which I know is not guaranteed.

(trying to make myself feel better since I scooped him off waivers lol)