tongs

Gordon Hayward 2018-2019 Season Outlook

36 minutes ago, krest509 said:

He is on my waiver 

Should I grab him? 

Him and Justin Holiday 

The potential is there and I’ve had him for the past month but it’s so hard to trust him and the celtics at this point

• Like 1

12 hours ago, krest509 said:

He is on my waiver 

Should I grab him? 

Him and Justin Holiday 

if you're not giving up too much, yes go grab him. but like the post above, it's hard to trust him at this point.

he can somehow help on rebs, assist, 3s and ft% though

He's sitting tonight, not sure why, Irving and Horford are both out too

looks like the potential is gone. too bad i drafted him. i thought i got a steal when i draft him at 6th round. looks like he is not going back to utah days.

even the lowest projected. 15/4/4 will not be achieve either. 

1 hour ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

drop city 

man... for real?! I traded Dinwiddie for this guy just 2 weeks ago.

are we really not holding anymore in 12 team leagues?

he’s proven he can provide useful stats across the board multiple times. He really just has to be consistent at this point. I’m giving him till end of January to come through(5 week span) 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:57 AM, heero78 said:

man... for real?! I traded Dinwiddie for this guy just 2 weeks ago.

are we really not holding anymore in 12 team leagues?

Why the heck would you trade Dinwiddie?? That’s not buying low at all. 

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

I would consider this a buy low/sell high that back fired. No way dinwiddie was drafted ahead of Hayward. 

Im thinking of buying low with Bogdan or BroLo but im probably staying away. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I would consider this a buy low/sell high that back fired. No way dinwiddie was drafted ahead of Hayward. 

Im thinking of buying low with Bogdan or BroLo but im probably staying away. 

We are three months into a season who the heck cares where they were drafted. Dinwiddie has been so much better than Hayward snd it isn’t close this year and there is a big sample size that proves it’s real with Spencer.  Agree to disagree.  Horrible trade imo.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, chud12 said:

We are three months into a season who the heck cares where they were drafted. Dinwiddie has been so much better than Hayward snd it isn’t close this year and there is a big sample size that proves it’s real with Spencer.  Agree to disagree.  Horrible trade imo.  

True but look at someone like Myles Turner. He was awful beginning the season now he is awesome. Guys come around and guys fall off. That’s the whole idea of buy low/sell high. It doesn’t always work but sometimes the pay off is huge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

True but look at someone like Myles Turner. He was awful beginning the season now he is awesome. Guys come around and guys fall off. That’s the whole idea of buy low/sell high. It doesn’t always work but sometimes the pay off is huge. 

Turner isn’t coming off a full missed year and major surgery on his ankle. Big diff snd y I wouldn’t touch Hayward unless he was dropped or if I was giving up practically nothing.  Not a guy who was posting mid round value. And let not forget Gordon is on a very deep team. Explaining to me what buy low/sell high is funny, as this  trade is the definition of how not to do a buy low and sell high cause it’s not that at all. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Turner isn’t coming off a full missed year and major surgery on his ankle. Big diff snd y I wouldn’t touch Hayward unless he was dropped or if I was giving up practically nothing.  Not a guy who was posting mid round value. And let not forget Gordon is on a very deep team. Explaining to me what buy low/sell high is funny, as this  trade is the definition of how not to do a buy low and sell high cause it’s not that at all. 

I didn’t even make the trade. Just saying I understand his attempt. Even if a failed attempt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

than Hayward snd it isn’t close this year and there is a big sample size that proves it’s real with Spencer.  Agree to disagree.  Horrible trade imo.  

I don't think it's a horrible trade, but my pet peeve is people in late December still talking about draft positions.  It's not about where they were drafted three months ago, if anything it's about where you're gonna draft them ten months from now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chud12 said:

I am stacked in PGs (had Dipo, Payton, DLo, Jrue, Shai, and Dinwiddie). Trading one away made sense. 

Two weeks ago, Dinwiddie hadn't blown up (he was consistent but hadn't gone on that scoring spree. Eg, 39 pt game) and Hayward was coming off that nice streak. 

That's why lol. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, heero78 said:

I am stacked in PGs (had Dipo, Payton, DLo, Jrue, Shai, and Dinwiddie). Trading one away made sense. 

Two weeks ago, Dinwiddie hadn't blown up (he was consistent but hadn't gone on that scoring spree. Eg, 39 pt game) and Hayward was coming off that nice streak. 

That's why lol. 

It's not that horrible of a trade...Spencer has a 3 month sample size of being better versus multiple years of sample size from Hayward. Obviously that was pre-injury, but Hayward is still a young bloke. In a dynasty league I would still have Hayward over Spencer. For the remaining half of the season I believe it's still a toss as to whether Hayward or Spencer will be better. Keep in mind LeVert and Crabbe is going to return at some point along with Kuruc's development, all of which can push Spencer's usage down.

Could have sold higher on Spencer or bought lower on Hayward though.

Edited by kev777zero
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taenggg said:

This batty boi sucks 

We're like well past the point of this dude turning it on, imo.  Thankfully I got him for rando, borderline 10-12 team prices, but it really, truly looks like he's gonna produce rando 10-12 team numbers for most the season.

Well, I mean we're already halfway through the fantasy season, so...