Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

Howard for DJ? whir

Salty Clams team in sig. Guy offered me D Henry & Golladay for Howard, which I instantly rejected. He has DJ & I am interested, but is his current injury a concern ros??

Those on cell, play qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex(w/r/t), te, def, k.     1pt ppr, no keepers.

My QB: Rivers & Mahomes  RB: Howard, Barkley, R Freeman, Michel, Barber    WR: K Allen, T Hill, Hogan, Enunwa, Funchess, Dez  TE: Rudolph 

His team: QB: Luck & Wentz  RB: DJ, Yeldon, Henry, Duke, J White  WR: Tate, TY, D Adams, Garcon, Golladay,  TE: Engram & Njoku

Give Howard & another player for DJ?

Howard for DJ straight up or just stay put?

The down side of getting DJ, is that him & Barkley both have the same bye week, but hopefully 2 of my other RB can be slotted in that week & still compete. Thanks!

I'm as high as anyone on Howard but would definitely give him for DJ straight up.

If that doesn't do it then I would give

Howard+Any of your WRs other than Hill and Allen   OR

Howard+Michel/Barber

Thanks for mine

• Thanks 1

First I'm hearing of the DJ injury... seems to be ok, just "limited"

DJ for Howard is a no brainer imo... 

Don't think I have any interest in Henry in a PPR.. adding Golladay doesn't move the needle any either...

I'd stand pat personally... but if you really want to take a run at DJ... Try Howard and any of your bench guys (minus Michel)

Cheers

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Salty Clams team in sig. Guy offered me D Henry & Golladay for Howard, which I instantly rejected. He has DJ & I am interested, but is his current injury a concern ros??

Those on cell, play qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex(w/r/t), te, def, k.     1pt ppr, no keepers.

My QB: Rivers & Mahomes  RB: Howard, Barkley, R Freeman, Michel, Barber    WR: K Allen, T Hill, Hogan, Enunwa, Funchess, Dez  TE: Rudolph 

His team: QB: Luck & Wentz  RB: DJ, Yeldon, Henry, Duke, J White  WR: Tate, TY, D Adams, Garcon, Golladay,  TE: Engram & Njoku

Give Howard & another player for DJ?

Howard for DJ straight up or just stay put?

The down side of getting DJ, is that him & Barkley both have the same bye week, but hopefully 2 of my other RB can be slotted in that week & still compete. Thanks!

Howard is a Tier 1 RB2.  But I feel like that's his ceiling. A very high floor, with a very low ceiling.  David Johnson has no ceiling.  He could easily reach 2,000 total yards, a million receptions, and you know he's a lock for 25-30 touches every week.  If you can get DJ for Howard + a player, I'd do it.  I almost always support the side of trade that gets the best player.  

Howard for DJ straight up is a no brainer.  Don't worry about bye weeks for now.  Things could change drastically for you by the time their bye weeks comes (which is WAY later on in the season).  

On a side, note, I'm not super confident in Kyle Rudolph.  He's a low tier TE1 for me.  Unless Diggs or Thielen get injured, I think Rudolph would be lucky to get 50 receptions and 600 yards.  Although his TD upside is solid at a potential 8-10.  So, since he has Engram and Njoku, I'd try to squeeze one of those two guys into the DJ trade, as I'm higher on Engram and Njoku over Rudolph. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, valensi24 said:

Howard is a Tier 1 RB2.  But I feel like that's his ceiling. A very high floor, with a very low ceiling.  David Johnson has no ceiling.  He could easily reach 2,000 total yards, a million receptions, and you know he's a lock for 25-30 touches every week.  If you can get DJ for Howard + a player, I'd do it.  I almost always support the side of trade that gets the best player.  

Howard for DJ straight up is a no brainer.  Don't worry about bye weeks for now.  Things could change drastically for you by the time their bye weeks comes (which is WAY later on in the season).  

On a side, note, I'm not super confident in Kyle Rudolph.  He's a low tier TE1 for me.  Unless Diggs or Thielen get injured, I think Rudolph would be lucky to get 50 receptions and 600 yards.  Although his TD upside is solid at a potential 8-10.  So, since he has Engram and Njoku, I'd try to squeeze one of those two guys into the DJ trade, as I'm higher on Engram and Njoku over Rudolph. 

Howard, Barber (or R Freeman), & Rudolph for DJ & Engram a fair offer? Appreciate the help!

I think you should try to find out whether DJ's current owner thinks DJ's injury is a concern and whether he/she is nervous about his mediocre performance last week. If they're tilting, you might be able to make the trade straight up: Howard for DJ. If not, I would gradually up the ante, maybe DJ and Barber. If that doesn't fly, maybe DJ and Freeman.

Based on his roster, I would guess that he'd respond best to a pair of usable RBs rather than Howard and a WR that will sit on his bench.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Howard, Barber (or R Freeman), & Rudolph for DJ & Engram a fair offer? Appreciate the help!

I would make the offer with P. Barber included. If that doesn't work I would counter with R. Freeman to see if that changes his mind. Would be worth it in a PPR. However, don't underrate Howard. I think he is going to be a really optimal RB2 so if you can't swing a trade for another top tier RB1 just enjoy the consistently good production you will get from Howard.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/718878-trade-cam-for-k-drake-whir/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd try to hold on to Royce Freeman.  Preseason, everyone was expecting Freeman to get 15-20 touches a week (or more).  Lindsay has complicated the matter a bit.  But it's only week 1.  And who knows, maybe both Freeman and Lindsay end up solid RB2's.  But I see Lindsay more as a RB3 at best, while Royce has upside to be a low-tier RB1, or solid RB2.  Lindsay is only 5'8" and 190lbs.  I think the Bucs know he'd be best limited to 10-13 touches at most.  Once Royce gets going, he should see 15 carries each week with 2-3 receptions sprinkled in. 

I would do Howard/Barber/Rudolph for DJ/Engram. Barber's value is probably higher at the moment, since he just got 19 carries, as he seems like the unquestioned #1 RB for the Bucs. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, valensi24 said:

I'd try to hold on to Royce Freeman.  Preseason, everyone was expecting Freeman to get 15-20 touches a week (or more).  Lindsay has complicated the matter a bit.  But it's only week 1.  And who knows, maybe both Freeman and Lindsay end up solid RB2's.  But I see Lindsay more as a RB3 at best, while Royce has upside to be a low-tier RB1, or solid RB2.  Lindsay is only 5'8" and 190lbs.  I think the Bucs know he'd be best limited to 10-13 touches at most.  Once Royce gets going, he should see 15 carries each week with 2-3 receptions sprinkled in. 

I would do Howard/Barber/Rudolph for DJ/Engram. Barber's value is probably higher at the moment, since he just got 19 carries, as he seems like the unquestioned #1 RB for the Bucs. 

Agree on R Freeman. I was able to get him in all 3 leagues in late rounds & feel he will be the guy in DEN. Will send that offer to him with Barber & see what he says. If not, I am okay rolling with Howard. Thanks!

• Like 2