Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Seems close to droppable now. I will give him 3 more games. That's enough leash imo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Somehow worse than his previous 2 duds, yikes

I see potential in him and believe he will be a better fantasy player mid-season / all star break.

if you want to jump ship now I can understand but don't cry murder when he picks up his play 

• Like 1

Maybe he’s just as good as we all thought. He’s just too abusive to my stats.  Good luck to those willing to stay married to him for better and for worse. 

Edited by Taipan

7 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Maybe he’s just as good as we all thought. He’s just too abusive to my stats.  Good luck to those willing to stay married to him for better and for worse. 

Totally agree. Drop City for me. I cant stand a player who destroys my FG and TO's...aint no one got time for that!

Got to admit when I drafted him I thought I found a diamond in the rough. Than back to back strong games to begin the season and expectations took off. The worst thing Osman could of done was go wild that first game. Anyway my point is expectations need to be tempered and patience is huge with late round, big time upside guys. His team is just a disgrace and I’m sure that does not help but you got to think the long game here with a guy like this. You can’t cut him two weeks into a season because the upside the there to go off any given night on such a pathetic team. That’s really all you can ask for from an end of bench guy. I see guys cutting him for a guy like Mcgurder abd agsjn I stress long game here. Chances are Mcgruder will be irrelevant in 2-6 weeks once Miami is back at full strength. Osman will be inconsistent no doubt but he’s the perfect lottery ticket to own. He’s getting almost nightly 30 min of run and once his shot starts falling again the great lines will follow.  Yea the turnovers are a real drag but that’s becsuss he’s real aggressive. As long as he’s starting and getting 30 min nightly I’ll be along for the bumpy ride because chances are in the 2nd half of the year he could be the Cavs 2nd best player nightly. Love is going to be a msssive shut down risk and this guy will. Be on a lot of championship teams. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aijuswanaseing said:

Dropped for Danny Green and feel good. Osman hurts fg% and TOs too much. 

Danny was still available in your league up to this point? Good pick up, no brainer for Cedi.

• Thanks 1

Only thing the past few games have shown is he isn’t ready to be a top option yet.

He’s fairly predictable on O as well, if it isn’t a lay up - it’s a jumper. He doesn’t have hooks or floaters yet and these are things that could take time to develop.

IMO he’ll be feast or famine this season so I would look to move him as a sweetener after a solid stretch 

11 minutes ago, travelingpiano said:

Drop for Lou Wil. Fingers crossed

Lou will in FA pool?what a joke

Edited by kane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, travelingpiano said:

Lol what?? 2 person league ? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, travelingpiano said:

Dropped for AD. Please lawd let this gamble pay off. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Moved on to Harrell... Was killing me with the inefficiency and TO's. Surely the long term upside's there (if he manages to tone it down / settle down) with a rather depleted roster they have. Just thought Harrell could equally have decent upside with better efficiency.

• Like 1

I swear some people must have ADHD. Players struggle. It's what they do. No one on waivers has his upside. If you feel that trigger happy, bench him.

This is like a remix Josh Richardson thread from last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

I swear some people must have ADHD. Players struggle. It's what they do. No one on waivers has his upside. If you feel that trigger happy, bench him.

of course you can bench him if you play roto,but you can't bench a player in H2H when he has game to play

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

As I have said and now I’ll just re-bump this. 

he doesnt seem like he will get many stocks, his career ft% is pretty meh and tos are high. So even if his shots start to fall does he offer enough to keep him in 12 team league? I own him in some leagues but I dont know if the popcorn stats are worth it...

Edited by Chrizz

6 minutes ago, fantasick said:

Lue got canned. Improvement, same, or worse for this guy?

holy s---, right after i read this i went to nba.com and sure enough Lue is about to get fired

i'm thinking this is an EXCELLENT situation for Cedi, Cedi is very raw and at best hes a great role player so i'm thinking his situation is going to improve greatly.

Lue talked about playing the vets more so this is great news for Osman. 

• Like 3