Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

cedi has had the opportunity playing 30 mins a game...maybe he’s not worth the hype or maybe he’ll play better with the younger guys. I’m holding for a few more games and then I’m going to have to make a decision :(

2 minutes ago, RotoMadeGOAT said:

cedi has had the opportunity playing 30 mins a game...maybe he’s not worth the hype or maybe he’ll play better with the younger guys. I’m holding for a few more games and then I’m going to have to make a decision :(

He’s not Levert unfortunately outside of a hot start he’s been dreadful but I’ll hold this week then decide 

With Love out at least another month, what are we looking at for Cedi’s value? Minutes aren’t the issue (currently he’s already averaging 32+), but does this mean more usage? If so, I’m not sure that’s beneficial... might kill your FG% and TOs even more than he already has been.

Just now, Boner said:

With Love out at least another month, what are we looking at for Cedi’s value? Minutes aren’t the issue (currently he’s already averaging 32+), but does this mean more usage? If so, I’m not sure that’s beneficial... might kill your FG% and TOs even more than he already has been.

His usage almost has to go up.

I suspect his efficiency from the field is gonna tank in some games without the added offensive aid of Love tbh. Don't expect him to blow up in his absence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

He will put up raw counting stats but will be outside top 120

I agree with this. The negatives to turnovers and fg% will probably drag his value down a lot but he will still be well worth keeping with Love out and Lue fired, especially for certain builds that can handle or punt fg%/turnovers. The opportunity is too big now though to drop unless he is consistently terrible for another 2 weeks I would say. 

• Like 1

I'm so bummed with Cedi. I thought he was the real deal. The next waiver day is wednesday and I'm itching to drop someone. There are so many good targets there...

5 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

I'm so bummed with Cedi. I thought he was the real deal. The next waiver day is wednesday and I'm itching to drop someone. There are so many good targets there...

He can still be the "real deal". Christ people its been 2 weeks of the season. Why owners are writing him off with such a small sample size is stupifying. Osman is a young player on a ****ful team growing pains are expected. It seems owners don't expect an improvement as the year goes on. We have seen his upside (games 1and 2 of the season) so I truly don't get the hate here. He was likely a late-round pick for everyone and is a breakout candidate. The season does not define a plater 2 weeks in. I would suggest loads of patience here as his situation has all the makings of a breakout player. 

dale cooper waiting GIF by HULU

PATIENCE 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I similar comp. to Osman and his situation  is Taurian  Prince and his slow start last season. Started off ****ful as well with s sky high TO rate and poor fg%. Also a guy on a terrible team where the only thing that stood in front of him in terms of a breakout was himself. He rewarded owners who had patience in the 2Nd half of the year and I would suggest everyone does the same. 

• Like 1

Truth is some people are able to sit on a developing player (He's shown flashes of what he's capable of) and some have had bum draft picks and can't wait (looking at my KLove pick). The value of having a breakout post ASB player is greatly diminished if you may or not make the playoffs. I fully expect him to be a top 100 guy this year, and even though I let go of him, will try to trade back for him if I can (before the ASB when I stabilize my team a bit more)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Truth is some people are able to sit on a developing player (He's shown flashes of what he's capable of) and some have had bum draft picks and can't wait (looking at my KLove pick). The value of having a breakout post ASB player is greatly diminished if you may or not make the playoffs. I fully expect him to be a top 100 guy this year, and even though I let go of him, will try to trade back for him if I can (before the ASB when I stabilize my team a bit more)

What does a Love injury have to do with a late round draft pick?? Late round guys require patience and your not going to find a better situation for one in the one that Osman is in.  Post all star break breakout?? Why not just be inconsistent with big lines every few games?? I don’t know if Osman will ever be consistent this year. I just would love to know who guys are cutting him for. I would bet unless your in a small league it’s all short term value guys which is clearly not worth the move. 

Just cut him for ilyasova just because i’m desperate for a win cannot afford to go 0-3. Osman crushed my fg% this past week.

2 hours ago, TheBoondocks said:

I suspect his efficiency from the field is gonna tank in some games without the added offensive aid of Love tbh. Don't expect him to blow up in his absence.

Bingo.  This dude is a cancer for an FG% builds.  I dropped him Saturday and he's currently sitting on our waiver after clearing the wire this morning.  Someone in our league will pick him up but it won't be me just not a good fit for my build currently.

Donovan Mitchell last year. First 8 games? A complete mess, impatient owners dropped. And then, boom. Broke out, never looked back. 

No, i'm not comparing Osman to Mitchell. But your level of impatience is disturbing guys.

Edited by doomz
  • Like 2

Gotta be patience fellas, remember Rome was not build in one day. He has all the opportunity and now with love gone, it’s just a perfect storm for him to produce

53 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

ThirdWelltodoArchaeocete-small.gif

It just amazes me the difference a few games makes with people on here.  After the first two games, people are proclaiming him the next Hedo.  The hype is in full force.

And now, a few games later, he is drop city and we are questioning his value?

Huh?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

ThirdWelltodoArchaeocete-small.gif

It just amazes me the difference a few games makes with people on here.  After the first two games, people are proclaiming him the next Hedo.  The hype is in full force.

And now, a few games later, he is drop city and we are questioning his value?

Huh?????

I really think owners still have a fantasy football hangover. They all need to be reminded it’s not a 14 game season. 

8 minutes ago, doomz said:

Donovan Mitchell last year. First 8 games? A complete mess, impatient owners dropped. And then, boom. Broke out, never looked back. 

No, i'm not comparing Osman to Mitchell. But your level of impatience is disturbing guys.

that has nothing to do with it. people need to understand what they're looking at. if i hadn't been "impatient" i wouldn't have Osman in the first place. people just don't always understand what they're looking at. if Kelly oubre starts shooting normally again I'm probably dropping him. cedi should average 14-6-4. I'm not dropping him any time soon. 

depending on your league, you can also drop him if he posts a dud and pick him back up later if he starts to heat up. 

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

depending on your league, you can also drop him if he posts a dud and pick him back up later if he starts to heat up. 

he'll be gone with the popcorn stats he can put up