Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

 

ThirdWelltodoArchaeocete-small.gif

 

It just amazes me the difference a few games makes with people on here.  After the first two games, people are proclaiming him the next Hedo.  The hype is in full force.

 

And now, a few games later, he is drop city and we are questioning his value?

 

Huh?????

 

Welcome to the forums, you must be new here.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, panthers93 said:

he'll be gone with the popcorn stats he can put up

 

What kind of popcorn stats you guys thinking now that Korver and JR are out of the rotation?  

 

I've got a punt TO / almost punt FG% build and just trying to decide whether to burn #1 waivers on him in a 14 team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

 

What kind of popcorn stats you guys thinking now that Korver and JR are out of the rotation?  

 

I've got a punt TO / almost punt FG% build and just trying to decide whether to burn #1 waivers on him in a 14 team. 

 

In a 14 team, I can't imagine anything better out there if it's even remotely competitive. I'd do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stallion said:

 

In a 14 team, I can't imagine anything better out there if it's even remotely competitive. I'd do it.

 

Thanks bud. Miles Bridges and Elie Okobo are the only other real options, but I'm not sure either has the opportunity or usage that Cedi will have. Maybe Okobo but Booker and Ayton are gonna eat usage... Not sure what the pecking order will be in Cleveland either.

 

Hood

Sexton

Osman?

Nance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly, i dont see cedi being a go-to guy. thats just not who he is.

 

i see him more as a hustle/role player type. maybe like a 3nD player? guy who hustles for rebounds, makes the right pass, hits some shots here and there. so his usage rate isn't going to be that high but he'll give you all the peripheral stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

 

Thanks bud. Miles Bridges and Elie Okobo are the only other real options, but I'm not sure either has the opportunity or usage that Cedi will have. Maybe Okobo but Booker and Ayton are gonna eat usage... Not sure what the pecking order will be in Cleveland either.

 

Hood

Sexton

Osman?

Nance

 

like i said i think he'll get about 14-6-4. he's just shooting terribly right now, but he already has the opportunity you're hoping Bridges and okobo get. i don't think okobo is very good either. i would hold, those guys don't just show up on the wire. if you don't like his efficiency, which is totally understandable, I'd try to trade him for someone with inverse stats that's better at fantasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, fantasm said:

honestly, i dont see cedi being a go-to guy. thats just not who he is.

 

i see him more as a hustle/role player type. maybe like a 3nD player? guy who hustles for rebounds, makes the right pass, hits some shots here and there. so his usage rate isn't going to be that high but he'll give you all the peripheral stats

I second this.  I haven't watched him much but from what I saw he seemed to play better with Love in the lineup and  the focal point on offense.  I do think he can be a solid player if he can cut his TOs and start hitting his shots at a better %.   I'm holding in my 12 teamer.  It's a weekly league so I can just bench him for now. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight, I cant wait to watch one of the most highly anticpated sequals of all time...............

 

The Return of the Cedi!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Watch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stallion said:

 

In a 14 team, I can't imagine anything better out there if it's even remotely competitive. I'd do it.

I don't want to assistant coach here and this isn't very Cedi related but I do want to remind people how nice the #1 waiver is.  If you're in a league with IR spots, there's going to be a team that gets so hammered with injuries that they need to drop someone who's hurt but still good when they play.  Like say right now, they have John Collins, James Harden, and Kevin Love- at this point in the season, they probably just roll with what they got and take the L this week.  But if those same three people are hurt in January, for the same time frame, and they're desperate to make the playoffs, they probably drop Collins.

 

To me, that's the type of thing the #1 waiver is for.  Not for picking up a guy like Cedi, who might even clear waivers anyway.  Sure, the guys with the 10-14 waiver might take a stab at him because who cares if they lose that position.  But that wouldn't make me shoot my shot with the #1.  Sorry for the somewhat off topic post, but I feel like I see a lot of people waste (or consider wasting) the top waiver lately.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I don't want to assistant coach here and this isn't very Cedi related but I do want to remind people how nice the #1 waiver is.  If you're in a league with IR spots, there's going to be a team that gets so hammered with injuries that they need to drop someone who's hurt but still good when they play.  Like say right now, they have John Collins, James Harden, and Kevin Love- at this point in the season, they probably just roll with what they got and take the L this week.  But if those same three people are hurt in January, for the same time frame, and they're desperate to make the playoffs, they probably drop Collins.

 

To me, that's the type of thing the #1 waiver is for.  Not for picking up a guy like Cedi, who might even clear waivers anyway.  Sure, the guys with the 10-14 waiver might take a stab at him because who cares if they lose that position.  But that wouldn't make me shoot my shot with the #1.  Sorry for the somewhat off topic post, but I feel like I see a lot of people waste (or consider wasting) the top waiver lately.

 

Yes, I agree ...at this moment he is not, he was, but not now...w/ new coach and more shots to go around he may become a number one WW priority but I'd rather use it on a Bjelica, Okogie (if Butler is traded), Mitchell Robinson if he continues his ascension, Elie Okobo if he keeps the job and then Cedi...but tonight may change alllll that! (competitive 12 teamer)

 

Return of the Cedi!:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dfstout said:

 

Yes, I agree ...at this moment he is not, he was, but not now...w/ new coach and more shots to go around he may become a number one WW priority but I'd rather use it on a Bjelica, Okogie (if Butler is traded), Mitchell Robinson if he continues his ascension, Elie Okobo if he keeps the job and then Cedi...but tonight may change alllll that! (competitive 12 teamer)

 

Return of the Cedi!:ph34r:

I guess it's a philosophical difference, because none of those guys are #1 waiver people to me.  If tomorrow we're told Looney has plantar fasciitis and is gonna be limited for awhile (and, in all likelihood, the entire season) and then three weeks later Jones breaks his hand..grabbing Jordan Bell is a #1 waiver move.  Having the #1 waiver, in my mind, sometimes limits you.  But it's worthwhile.  Just blowing it on randoms like that means you'll never land the big fish.  Like you can just pickup Okobo, why waste a waiver on him at all?

 

But I'll stop derailing this.  Hopefully tonight is big for Cedi.  I drafted him late in a lot of drafts and never dropped.

Edited by Tom Chambers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I guess it's a philosophical difference, because none of those guys are #1 waiver people to me.  If tomorrow we're told Looney has plantar fasciitis and is gonna be limited for awhile (and, in all likelihood, the entire season) and then three weeks later Jones breaks his hand..grabbing Jordan Bell is a #1 waiver move.  Having the #1 waiver, in my mind, sometimes limits you.  But it's worthwhile.  Just blowing it on randoms like that means you'll never land the big fish.  Like you can just pickup Okobo, why waste a waiver on him at all?

 

But I'll stop derailing this.  Hopefully tonight is big for Cedi.  I drafted him late in a lot of drafts and never dropped.

Yea my league is deep...good banter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He simply cannot shoot the basketball.  Kevin Love, Larry Nance, and literally anyone else on the Cavs could retire tomorrow and Osman would still have no value. 

 

There is no reason to own him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heero78 said:

If he doesn't turn it around in second half, this train is making a stop at Drop City. 

Who are you picking up? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His passing is phenomenal and will keep him on the court getting minutes on this atrocious rebuilding team. Looks to be getting more confident out there and drawing more fouls. Likely will hurt you in FG% many nights but i like that to trend up. Hes not as good as game 1 and 2 this year, but hes not as bad as he was last few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.