Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

54 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Do you really think those two will factor into the equation much post-ASB? They are grooming him to be the guy along with Sexton. He already has a higher usage rate than those two anyway.

I think post all star it will be

Hood (if he's still in town)

Sexton

Cedi

Hill will either be out or rested. Shams said the Cavs want the faces of the franchise to be Sexton, Cedi, and Nance

33 minutes ago, alexstr said:

That's a solid core if their goal is to pick in the lottery for the next 4-6 years

Ha obviously just for this year until they get Barrett or Zion or Reddish or whoever. Love is clearly going to be traded come late January imo

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

But what's his career high when playing on an empty stomach, while raining outside, with 60% arena capacity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wish he could lower his T/O a little bit...but if I can get 15ppg/5reb/3ast out of him or something close to that...I will be happy. 

He feels like he could be a "popcorn stat" kinda player...not great in STOCKS but can hover between the 12/4/4 - 15/5/5 kind of stats.

6 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

can hover between the 12/4/4 - 15/5/5 kind of stats.

As a Cedi owner, I realistically think he'll finish around 14/5/4 this year.

Problem is, I also think he'll shoot around 43% FG and around 70% FT.  Sprinkle in 2.5 - 3.0 TOs as well.

I see him as a Joe Ingles with worse 3s, worse percentages, and worse turnovers.  Not the most enticing own, but I'm gonna keep him on my bench in case he breaks out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

But what's his career high when playing on an empty stomach, while raining outside, with 60% arena capacity?

Eh I know you're trying to imply cherry picked stats but those are just minimums. The fact is that Wiggins has only had 9 games were he scored a minimum of 20 points, 3 threes, and 3 assists or more, because those latter two areas were never something he was great at. Which is why comparing Cedi to him is really dumb.

The fact that Cedi is hitting those levels this early in the season bodes very well for his upside. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alexstr said:

As a Cedi owner, I realistically think he'll finish around 14/5/4 this year.

Problem is, I also think he'll shoot around 43% FG and around 70% FT.  Sprinkle in 2.5 - 3.0 TOs as well.

I see him as a Joe Ingles with worse 3s, worse percentages, and worse turnovers.  Not the most enticing own, but I'm gonna keep him on my bench in case he breaks out.

I think the FG% and TOs will be bad but he shot 78.7% on FTs his last year in Turkey. I think he might get that cleaned up.

Edited by Eltoro
  • Like 1

Nope. Cedi is actually a Luka Doncic with bad FT%

and I own them both in a punt FT% team 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Nope. Cedi is actually a Luka Doncic with bad FT%

LOL not even close.

Doncic is putting up 20/6/4 and he's 19 years old.  That's insane, he's several tiers above Cedi.

• Like 5

I usually have definitive thoughts on younger guys in the league, and a lot of it is based more on minutes / opportunity, and team goals, but I can't figure Cedi or the Cavs out.

both Rodney Hood and Cedi Osman are available in my 14 team league.  I need a Forward, so 1 of the 2 would be smart to pick up, especially seeing that Love is down and this team is going to feature 1 of these 2 as their premiere scorer, but who gets the non-popcorn stats our teams need?

Rodney Hood looked like a borderline future all-star a couple years ago, and there was some buzz around him as he gained skills on the court.  His attitude is what blew it for me, though, and I can't tell how Cleveland feels about him this year.  Maybe with a new coach, that bad taste in their mouth ( when Hood was a baby during playoffs) is gone.  If they are willing to clean the slate, and just base this off of talent, I think Hood succeeds in becoming the number 1 option with decent 3's, assists, rebounds and the occasional block / steal.

Cedi, I am clueless.  Do we see his stocks increasing as he gets comfortable in the NBA or will that scoring, and assists be his hollow stat-line to expect?  Fill me in Cedi / Cleveland fans!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckets88 said:

patience is paying off

another bad night.  no stocks, awful percentages, mediocre points and threes.    I'm personally giving him another week or so and if he doesn't pick it up I'm out.  Cannot be killing my team on FG% like this if he's not helping big time in other places.

2 hours ago, buckets88 said:

patience is paying off

13/3/0 on 38% shooting is not really a great payoff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, alexstr said:

13/3/0 on 38% shooting is not really a great payoff.

2 3s and a block, I'll take it. I don't know but the defensive stats are there. He's got either a steal or block except 1 game so far and has been playing better since Ty Lue got fired. Maybe he can stay around this range and be consistent. Time will tell.

You could do worse for a guy on the waiver wire.  He's definitely got potential, and there will be learning pains.  Obviously talented or he wouldn't be invited to that star studded workout.  Definitely pick him next year.  This year he was just a late round guy for me in a deep league.  Stay patient, and that's for more than a month or two.  

watching some CLE games now and see for myself this Cedi guy 

On 2018-10-26 at 8:31 AM, Red Sox Nation said:

Where'd you go? How'd that back patting go after one game? Lol. This is why you don't do that. I figured you'd be the type to disappear when he had a bad game though.

For those thinking of dropping Cedi.. what are you, nuts? Once he gets back on track he'll get 32+ mins per night, take over double digit shots, attempt a solid amount of 3's, and run the offense a decent amount. Through the ups and down that including shooting 38.7% from the field, he's averaging 12.4/5.6/3.8 per game with 1.8 3's and 1.2 steals. Ya'll really finding guys like that on the wire? I'll bet on that fg%(and ppg) rising as well. Please get me in those leagues lol. 

Disappear?  I’ve been around since 2010(?) I ain’t going nowhere lol.

i agree with you that owners ain’t finding guys better than cedi on the wire.  I expecteded him to hit some road bumps but he will figure it out.  He passes the eye test and the Cavs have every reason to give him the playing time to continue his development.