Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I'm in a 16-team league and there isn't really a player that I'd drop him for, so I'll still hold.

The Cavs are a mess, and they will have to decide what they want to do pretty soon. I doubt Larry Drew will be here for long, he doesn't want to be interim head coach and wants big bucks for the job, so I think they will hire a new HC soon. That move will be followed by trading veterans so they can start their rebuild. All this might take some time, but I'm positive Cedi will be one of the guys they want to develop and a new coach will put him in better spots to improve his game. 

If in the meantime someone rosterable with better upside becomes available in my league, then I'll drop Cedi, but I still have some hope for the guy. My FG% and TO's are alredy pretty bad, it's not like I'll make a big difference if I drop him now, so I'll just hold a little bit more.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mad Luke said:

I'm in a 16-team league and there isn't really a player that I'd drop him for, so I'll still hold.

The Cavs are a mess, and they will have to decide what they want to do pretty soon. I doubt Larry Drew will be here for long, he doesn't want to be interim head coach and wants big bucks for the job, so I think they will hire a new HC soon. That move will be followed by trading veterans so they can start their rebuild. All this might take some time, but I'm positive Cedi will be one of the guys they want to develop and a new coach will put him in better spots to improve his game. 

If in the meantime someone rosterable with better upside becomes available in my league, then I'll drop Cedi, but I still have some hope for the guy. My FG% and TO's are alredy pretty bad, it's not like I'll make a big difference if I drop him now, so I'll just hold a little bit more.

He definitely could provide some big time production down the stretch -- Like Trey Burke last year.

In 20-team league he can be the 11th best player on a team who is on 20th place, for sure.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jumpman23 said:

Who do you guys think will break out after all-star break, Cedi, Rondae or Ntilikina??

Cedi 

Ntilikina has been getting so much play time and hasn't been getting much done with it. Rondae's minutes have gone down b/c of his injuries and inability to shoot the 3.

It's true that the FG% was horrible, but I can't believe how fast people jumped in and out of the hype train.

I can't believe he's currently 21% owned in yahoo.

In this horrible Kevin Love-less Cavs, I believe Cedi Osman still got favorite playing time. He can be the last guy on your roster that can give you 1-1-1.

Probably one good game and everybody is gonna jump back right on the train again.

I think 21% for last guy on the bench / streamer option is just dandy. I think this 17-page discussion thread has people too "on" about him. He is like DJ Augustin, JaMychal Green etc. Just a end of a bench guy.

People hyped him up too much cause he's white.

He's not a very good player, a role player at best and not a good one at that either. He hurts you too much and provides very little.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, fantasm said:

People hyped him up too much cause he's white.

He's not a very good player, a role player at best and not a good one at that either. He hurts you too much and provides very little.

Lol are Turkish people considered white?

I think his minutes are attractive though I've got my eye on him nobody in my league even cares about him so I have the luxury of patience

Edited by Nazyef

6 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Lol are Turkish people considered white?

One could say so, and Cedi Osman for sure. If not "white", what is he according to you?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

I think his minutes are attractive though I've got my eye on him nobody in my league even cares about him so I have the luxury of patience

Yeah, he's on the waiver in a bunch of leagues and his minutes (and, of course, skin color) are making me watch him closely.  He can really help out in my WGGP (whte guys games played) cat.

• Haha 5

I'm already in his torture chamber, drafted him in 16-team league, he's too good to be dropped and bad enough to mess up my FG% and TO's. Trade value is also minimum at the moment. Gotta stay patient and hope for the best.

Edited by Mad Luke

3 hours ago, Mad Luke said:

I'm already in his torture chamber, drafted him in 16-team league, he's too good to be dropped and bad enough to mess up my FG% and TO's. Trade value is also minimum at the moment. Gotta stay patient and hope for the best.

He's on the wire in my 16 teamer...where he belongs. He's def not too good to be dropped...hes actually bad.

1 hour ago, crocp said:

He's on the wire in my 16 teamer...where he belongs. He's def not too good to be dropped...hes actually bad.

Like I said, FG% and TO's are a problem, but you're telling me that in your 16-team league, and that means with more than 200 players rostered, no one owns a player averaging 10-5-2 with 0.8 steals and 1.3 threes per game with possible upside for even more? That's just crazy man.

• Like 3