Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

As mediocre as his stats have been so far this year. A player with uncontested minutes does get people excited, as we are on page 18 for this dudes thread haha

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Coming from someone who missed out on him. LOL

Sorry what have we missed out on? 1 decent game every 10 duds? (Btw he's still on the wire)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Coming from someone who missed out on him. LOL

I've had him all year and still do as my last guy on the bench, I didn't miss out on anything.

Dude is just a stiff though.  It is what it is

• Like 1

Always remember the bad starts that jrich and mitchell had last season before breaking out. I dont think cedi has the upside to be that beast but with the mins he will get and if he can shoot decently he will be pretty valuable. 42 mins, 5 3s. Add now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, alexstr said:

I've had him all year and still do as my last guy on the bench, I didn't miss out on anything.

Dude is just a stiff though.  It is what it is

I don't think he's a stiff. He plays with some of the biggest ball hogs in basketball in Hood, Clarkson, and JR, who is now gone. Sexton doesn't know how to run an offense. 

Now that JR is gone and maybe some of the other chuckers will be traded, there will be plenty of opportunity for Cedi, Sexton, and eventually Nance. Those were the three names Shams said the Cavs want to be the faces of the franchise as they rebuild.

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

He plays with some of the biggest ball hogs in basketball in Hood, Clarkson, and JR, who is now gone.

lmao "biggest ball hogs in basketball", like he's playing with Harden, Westbrook, and Giannis and not a bunch of scrubs.

If he can't get shots playing with a bunch of backups and d-leaguers, he can't get shots period.  

• Like 1

Brace yourself, Cleveland is only playing suck-a**-defense Lakers tonight. Next few games will be @Sixers, vs Rockets, vs Minnesota, @ OKC.

I can't wait to see him giving out 3/18, 7 TO, 7 pts again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alexstr said:

lmao "biggest ball hogs in basketball", like he's playing with Harden, Westbrook, and Giannis and not a bunch of scrubs.

If he can't get shots playing with a bunch of backups and d-leaguers, he can't get shots period.  

Lol have you even played basketball? If you don't have the ball in your hands you can't just steal it from a ball hog. As soon as they touch it, it's going up. 

Westbrook, Harden, and Giannis have  assist percentages of 48%, 38%, and 27%. They actually share the rock. They create opportunities for teammates.   

Clarkson, Smith, and Hood have assist percentages of 14%, 14%, and 13% because they just chuck it as soon as they get it. Sexton is at 15% and the best Cav is Hill at only 18%. The Cavs make the 7th fewest passes in the NBA. 

If/when they purge some of the chuckers the ball will stick less and open up opportunities for Cedi.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Brace yourself, Cleveland is only playing suck-a**-defense Lakers tonight. Next few games will be @Sixers, vs Rockets, vs Minnesota, @ OKC.

I can't wait to see him giving out 3/18, 7 TO, 7 pts again. 

my body is ready lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fedade said:

Just when I dropped him after all these time.. smh

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, I personally don’t trust Cedi too much ROS. He’ll get hot like this every once in awhile but his duds will overshadow it more often than not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Boner said:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much, I personally don’t trust Cedi too much ROS. He’ll get hot like this every once in awhile but his duds will overshadow it more often than not.

True

14/4/2 halftime...but he'll inevitably finish with 18/5/3 and put up 8 points on 3/14 shooting next game.

4 hours ago, brosephd said:

decent for teams who can eat fg% and to's

Definitely.  This guy is perfect waiver pickup for those in punt-efficiency builds.

Before everyone gets back on the Cedi trap just realise that 42 min per game is not sustainable nor is 50+fg%. Regression to the mean will be brutally swift so dont go dropping guys of real value. That being said, he's definitely worth a flier to see if he can somehow turn a corner and start shooting low 40s at least. Counting stats might be good ros but the obliteration of both % and turnovers is just too much to handle. Remember Tony Wrotten? (I think someone has referenced him here) Same deal.

• Like 8