Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

20 hours ago, ROTY said:

Before everyone gets back on the Cedi trap just realise that 42 min per game is not sustainable nor is 50+fg%. Regression to the mean will be brutally swift so dont go dropping guys of real value. That being said, he's definitely worth a flier to see if he can somehow turn a corner and start shooting low 40s at least. Counting stats might be good ros but the obliteration of both % and turnovers is just too much to handle. Remember Tony Wrotten? (I think someone has referenced him here) Same deal.

Good ole popcorn Tony almost forgot about him:lol:

• Haha 3

He’s going to be so up and down this year, I’d you can handle the bad with good he’s worth a roster spot. I’d say a deeper team would be better off with him than someone looking for a guy who can contribute every night. Id take a guy like Evan Turner over him if you aren’t looking for 3s or points 

I'm actually owning him but that is really just because of his opportunity and playing time. In the past I scooped some steals from the waiver like Mitchell or SGA because of eye testing through games watched. But when I see Osman playing, I feel really bad, he looks really lost and even his pas stats from europe where not good in fg% and ft%. So he's the next to be dropped if there is some upside in waivers in my team.

I held onto him all season but just dropped him

Even if he can get 13/5/3 he'll have putrid percentages doing it, can't afford that

And I doubt he could really improve on stocks. He looks so soft on defense. So slow and even him dont Believe he can touch the ball when he tried steals or blocks.

20 pages of hope, hype and at the end - only disappointment. And CP3 has thread of only 3 pages - priceless!

7 hours ago, montanski said:

20 pages of hope, hype and at the end - only disappointment. And CP3 has thread of only 3 pages - priceless!

Dude, srfu. You know nothing. 

6 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Dude, srfu. You know nothing. 

Maybe you know something about Cedi that 99% of the basketball fans don't. Please, share with us that information. 

Hoping this guy pops off in the second half of the season. Just dropped Isaac for him... So over waiting on izaac's potential haha. But it seems like cedi has been just as inconsistent this yr. 

11 hours ago, ellejamil said:

he's had these kinds of games before. I dont know if this is sustainable...

Can't say for sure, but I have extreme doubts like others have expressed.  I don't think a guy who was shooting horribly for the majority of the season has all of a sudden figured it out.

Maybe we'll all be wrong, and I can't fault people for taking a flier on him, but it'd be shocking at the very least if he had a big second half.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Can't say for sure, but I have extreme doubts like others have expressed.  I don't think a guy who was shooting horribly for the majority of the season has all of a sudden figured it out.

Maybe we'll all be wrong, and I can't fault people for taking a flier on him, but it'd be shocking at the very least if he had a big second half.

I think the increase in FG% has to do more with him driving to the basket more. Cedi even expressed a couple weeks ago that he needed to stop settling for midrange jumpers and drive more. If he keeps going to the basket, I think the FG% will stay pretty good. Maybe not as good as recently but certainly much better than the beginning of the season 

13 hours ago, ellejamil said:

he's had these kinds of games before. I dont know if this is sustainable...

Very unsustainable. Looking at the shooting percentage and when Love gets back the usage drops. 

I mean love will need a inside out presence and Cedi fits that, he is getting comfortable and while most players at this point start to balance out it seems as though Cedi is playing better and hits shot looks really crisp right now. He’s locked in