Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Anyone see it? Was it really bad?? 

3 hours ago, sharkpotato said:

If you're that confident you can scoop him back up again then I guess your league thinks Garry Harris is garbage. Can I join next year?

Lately he is garbage.

1 hour ago, DLove said:

Anyone see it? Was it really bad?? 

He had trouble walking on it, but then they cut to commercial before he was completely off the court.  He undoubtedly walked off the court under his own power though as he never asked for help before they went to commercial.  He actually ended up coming back in the game, took one ugly shot, and then was back out of the game after the next break in the game.  He seemed to be moving ok up the court without a limp, even if he maybe looked a tad slower  He was never on the bench after that though.

Probably won't know anything until tomorrow.  Hopefully it's just something minor as he was quickly becoming a pretty valuable guy, and was once again well on his way to having another really good game.

Edited by KilloWertz

It looked very bad to be honest. It was the end of his jump coming down full weight with no idea , his ankle goes 90 degree angle , like it gave away. It’s very very cold right now across the USA and the upstick in injuries are in a flurry

2 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

It looked very bad to be honest. It was the end of his jump coming down full weight with no idea , his ankle goes 90 degree angle , like it gave away. It’s very very cold right now across the USA and the upstick in injuries are in a flurry

Yea it did not look good at all. Link below to see the injury if anyone is wondering. 

Cedi Osman (right ankle) was seen walking without much of a limp after leaving Saturday's game against the Mavericks.

Osman told Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com that his ankle was feeling "OK" after he had to leave Saturday's game early. Osman wasn't wearing a walking boot, which is always good news. It's possible that he still misses time, but it doesn't appear to be a serious injury. David Nwaba took Osman's place in the starting lineup in the second half.

Cleveland doesn't have any incentive to rush him. See Trishon Thompson 

3 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Cleveland doesn't have any incentive to rush him. See Trishon Thompson 

Who's Trishon Thompson? :P

You're not wrong, although it's still good news and it'd still be surprising if it was anything truly long term,

whats the deal with this guy? Any news as to the extent of the injury??

Are people still holding in 12+ man leagues??

6 hours ago, crocp said:

whats the deal with this guy? Any news as to the extent of the injury??

Are people still holding in 12+ man leagues??

of course ... it’s a minor sprain and he’s day to day 

he’s a strong hold considering how great he looked next to love last time they played together 

11 hours ago, simon said:

very efficient lately, shooting 5/10 FG, 2/4 3FG, 1/2 FT and 0 TOV today

It should be nice to have him back playing full minutes after the break...

Don't forget Love will be back to playing close to full minutes after the break too. Not sure if that hurts (due to usage) or helps (due to less defensive attention), but something to account for

8 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Don't forget Love will be back to playing close to full minutes after the break too. Not sure if that hurts (due to usage) or helps (due to less defensive attention), but something to account for

It shouldn't eat into his minutes at least since Love plays PF.  He may get a bit less shots, but as long as he's shooting like he has been, I'll still happily use him post-break.

9 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

SHOULD help cedi

5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I wonder if he should be owned over mirotic...

Probably not. Let's wait and see how things play out in Milwaukee before pulling the trigger

22 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Rather have Jabari and Mirotic over this guy

Besides stocks, he's a solid contributor across the board.  Mirotic is stuck in rotation hell

54 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Rather have Jabari and Mirotic over this guy

Cedi is the only one of the 3 to have a clear 30+ minute role that won't be jerked around for the rest of the season. That's reason enough for me to pick him over the other guys. 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:18 AM, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Did you really drop Gary Harris for him? LOL😂

Are you still laughing?  

On 2/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, sharkpotato said:

If you're that confident you can scoop him back up again then I guess your league thinks Garry Harris is garbage. Can I join next year?

Yep, he's been garbage lately.

BTW, Osman looked good last game.   Even though I don't have him at this point.

Edited by DLG10

On 10/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, terribleswedes said:

Suspect he comes back around sometime this year, but he's not doing too swell the last few. Young guy who'd not had many opportunities but plenty of promise, pops out with some success, probably gets gameplanned by the other teams as one of the only guys on his team who can do anything, and suddenly he isn't so hot a fantasy prospect. It's probably more a question of "when" than "if" he figures it out. Whether I can wait for that is another question.

Feeling pretty good about this prediction.

• Haha 1