Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Drafted Bullock over him when I had the chance because I needed the 3s on good %s like he provided last year. Hope I don’t regret it. 

I believe Cedi will offer just that, 3's and good %'s plus a plethora of other stats from night to night. His hustle and work ethic are just too good to not produce in 30mpg. Plus the cavs are going to be garbage, so he should see plenty of garbage time stats(which is juicy for fantasy).

6 hours ago, JBizFree said:

I believe Cedi will offer just that, 3's and good %'s plus a plethora of other stats from night to night. His hustle and work ethic are just too good to not produce in 30mpg. Plus the cavs are going to be garbage, so he should see plenty of garbage time stats(which is juicy for fantasy).

Yeah man. I picked Bullock up in multiple teams last year and was happy with his consistent production so I think I played it safe being familiar with what he brings already. With that being said sadly I have no shares of Osman this year. Hope he continues to deliver the goods for you owners! 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, scienze said:

i wouldn’t put much stake in it, @Jake the snake gave me weird faces on posts that said “blake griffin will be good this year” and “kevin love will play more in the paint without lebron”

cedi looked incredible in the opener .. even better than what u predicted 

On 2018-09-11 at 3:26 PM, Jake the snake said:

I am reservedly optimistic too (although I think I said the same last year - luckily didn't draft him though). Casey seems pretty big on giving him the rock too:
https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018/7/21/17595726/dwane-casey-goal-for-blake-griffin-is-to-be-the-best-passing-power-forward-in-the-league

He could have a nice year if he can stay healthy...big IF though. I think the 45-60 range is a solid grab if he falls to there, its just a pity his defensive stats have dropped off so much, makes him a little Melo like with better dimes and worse FT (and more pts than Hoodie Melo can manage these days)...There is upside, but I think gone are the days of top 20 for Griffin. Top 30 seems about as good as it might get this year and there is definite risk involved

You might notice I actually spoke quite positively of Griffin myself. See the difference? I didn't ram it down peoples throats with 20 posts ranting exactly the same message over and over just because your opinion of a guy you drafted is super positive and you feel the need to have everyone else say exactly the same otherwise you might get a little upset. Thanks for the shout out though...

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, scienze said:

i wouldn’t put much stake in it, @Jake the snake gave me weird faces on posts that said “blake griffin will be good this year” and “kevin love will play more in the paint without lebron”

cedi looked incredible in the opener .. even better than what u predicted 

9 hours ago, c_dog said:

your post got 4 likes... whereas my valid prediction got a weird face.. the crowd on these forums.. lol

raptors defence is pretty top notch dude.  kawhi, anunoby, green, siakam are all strong defenders.  you keep sleeping on Cedi.

Do people really care about likes? If 99 out of 100 people think a player sucks but I think he's great, then guess what I'll keep that guy. I have my own thoughts. Give me as many confused, angry, thumbs down as you'd like. You really shouldn't care what others think. Value your own thoughts and opinions.

If you think Cedi is great, then awesome. I own him, I hope he's great.  I'm just not going crazy off of one game. I keep sleeping on Cedi? Where are you pulling this from? I've had a grand total of ZERO posts on Cedi before yesterday. Lmao. I'm calling you out for patting yourself on the back after ONE game. ONE. That's 1.2% of the season. Give it a few weeks at least, sheesh. 

• Like 5

I told you sos are always annoying, especially after one game.  Those are the same people that disappear when a dude has a bad game (or good, if they said he'd be bad).  I know some of us get married to guys on our teams and our expectations, but take a step back and take a deep breath.  Having too strong of an opinion about fantasy basketball players is a good way to lose your leagues.

• Like 3

I’ve been tempted to grab him off waivers, but I’d have to drop someone like Ball, D’lo, or Lou Williams to get him.

He had a great game and I hope he keeps it up.  Not sure if it’s worth the risk yet though.

29 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

I’ve been tempted to grab him off waivers, but I’d have to drop someone like Ball, D’lo, or Lou Williams to get him.

He had a great game and I hope he keeps it up.  Not sure if it’s worth the risk yet though.

I agree I wouldn't of dropped him for those guys but many of us play in deeper leagues. Some of us picked up players like Giles, Bagley, Zeller or Hernagomez. And although some of  these have much more talent than Cedi, if they are not playing then they are worthless for us. Yes it is only one game but he played 30 minutes and produced. Definitely worth a pickup. 

• Like 1

I spent a good chunk of FAAB on him, keeper league too.  Seems like he has a pretty fantasy friendly game and in line for a lot of minutes. I like the 2nd-3rd year players time who have a year or two in the league and are primed for breakouts without the rookie hype. He was the highest percentage unowned guy in my league too at the time, so its not like the ww is super deep.  In shallower leagues, you can cycle these guys out for when they are hot and cool down better.

I dont think the ceiling is super high, but his non injury floor also seems decent.

• Like 1

Took the plunge and dropped Ball for Osman.  There are a ton of PG on waivers in my league, only 8 team.

will watch the game with a 12 pack tonight to see how it goes. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Took the plunge and dropped Ball for Osman.  There are a ton of PG on waivers in my league, only 8 team.

will watch the game with a 12 pack tonight to see how it goes. Lol

Ball-sy move

I think it's a good one though

• Thanks 1

No disrespect to Lonzo Ball's career or talent, but with a healthy Rondo and Lebron, really hard to see his usage this year being great.  Osman is likely heading for a 30+ mpg role on a team with a lot of jabronis. 

I'm sure it's already been projected, but whats a good year's projections for Cedi, if things break mostly right (no injuries, handling the minutes, offensive burden, and defensive attenion increases well)

16 Pts 6 Rebs 3 Ast 1 Stl 2 Treys on 46% FG and 80% FT?

That's basically Tobias Harris last season with a little less points... seems lofty but he has the opportunity to do it 

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm sure it's already been projected, but whats a good year's projections for Cedi, if things break mostly right (no injuries, handling the minutes, offensive burden, and defensive attenion increases well)

16 Pts 6 Rebs 3 Ast 1 Stl 2 Treys on 46% FG and 80% FT?

That's basically Tobias Harris last season with a little less points... seems lofty but he has the opportunity to do it 

He's not a good free throw shooter. Can easily get 4 dimes per. 

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

good catch on the FT% I got to wrapped up in my Tobias comparison lol

• Haha 1

Hope you guys aren't saying he's bad at free throws because of last year.

Try looking at his previous two years in Europe, free throw % was 76% in 2015-16 and 78% 2016-17.

I wouldn't come to conclusions after 46 attempts from last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gus Chiggins said:

Try looking at his previous two years in Europe, free throw % was 76% in 2015-16 and 78% 2016-17.

I wouldn't come to conclusions after 46 attempts from last year.

Was in the midst of posting this. I'd certainlty project somewhere in the 70s to be safe. I don't think him shooting 80% would shock me much. I'd be more shocked to see him shoot sub 60%.  How many decent 3 point shooters shoot under 65% from FT? Just Rondo if you want to call him a good 3 point shooter because he's had ok %s some years?  

10 minutes ago, Gus Chiggins said:

Nobody said he's bad at free throws, he's not an 80% free throw shooter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Well you said this ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

My projections tonight for white Michael Jackson

56pts 32rebounds 8assists 3steals 1 block. 4TOs 7threes, 99%FG 101%FT..

Image result for michael jackson moonwalker gif

• Like 1

Cedi "John Stockon" Osman with 5 pts / 5 assists in the 1st quarter.

I'm watching the game and this kid looks absolutely LEGIT.

• Like 4