Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

loved seeing the near 40 minutes.  Useful game anyway.  The Cavs are invested in this guy being good. The fact that he's a 2 way wing player means he's very hard to take out of the lineup. There will probably be bumps, but it seems like he will be useful all year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

back down to earth .. i presume he will be somewhere in between this game and the first 2

14 ppg 5 rpg 3 apg seems reasonable 

His assist upside looks good, only thing stopping it is the Cavs have multiple black hole shooters (Hood, Clarkson, Sexton) who don’t look anywhere but forward regardless of how well they’re playing so they might cap Cedi’s ball handling responsibilities 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, krest509 said:

I drop Bobby Portis for him . Wow did I made a mistake 

Well, if you only had Portis to drop, that means your team is stacked. Once Markkanen comes back he may not that much.

• Like 1

He is not in top 150 ESPN Roto ranking, published 2 hours ago! I searched 3 times, but only to find that Fultz is 113th...

12 minutes ago, montanski said:

He is not in top 150 ESPN Roto ranking, published 2 hours ago! I searched 3 times, but only to find that Fultz is 113th...

ESPN is trash analysis. Not being ranked on ESPN is rather meaningless. Maybe the person in your league has Cedi and you can trade for him..  If you own him, I wouldn't be offended.

• Like 4

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

ESPN is trash analysis. Not being ranked on ESPN is rather meaningless. Maybe the person in your league has Cedi and you can trade for him..  If you own him, I wouldn't be offended.

:D I own him and i have not hard feelings to ESPN, but it is strange to me. I thought that i couldn`t see him the first 2 times. :lol:

3 minutes ago, montanski said:

:D I own him and i have not hard feelings to ESPN, but it is strange to me. I thought that i couldn`t see him the first 2 times. :lol:

They genuinely just dont care and have no accountability. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, montanski said:

Cedi's actual current objective ranking based strictly on 8-cat/9-cat stats is 40/99. I wouldn't worry about ESPN.

Fultz meanwhile is 200/227.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krest509 said:

My first time playing fantasy BB 

so grabbin Cedi and dropping Portis was wise move? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Another so-so night and now there's talk of Lue wanting to play his vets more (right, because Thompson really needs more minutes?) Owners looking to sell?

I know this is ‘cool story bro’ but I sold high on him and Beal for Bledsoe and CJ. I wouldn’t be too worried about the talk of vets, Cedi is the only legitimate perimiter defender they have behind Nwaba (who doesn’t get minutes anyway) and hes the best passer on the team. Once his shot starts falling a bit more he’ll be fine. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Another so-so night and now there's talk of Lue wanting to play his vets more (right, because Thompson really needs more minutes?) Owners looking to sell?

He does too much for them for him to not get minutes. If they play Korver or JR ahead of him they will be way worse than they are now. 

The Nets were ahead 20 points most of the game so today was a bit of write off anyway. IMO, games like this are why Osman is top 80, not top 25.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Custodian said:

The Nets were ahead 20 points most of the game so today was a bit of write off anyway. IMO, games like this are why Osman is top 80, not top 25.

You think osman would be top 25 if the cavs didn't get blown out as much?

5 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Well maybe top-25 is exaggerating, but games where he gets 20+ points and 8 assists from the SF position are super valuable for my teams. My general strategy is to soft punt assists, but if I can get that production off the wire from someone who fills the stat sheet in other ways too, then my team is looking pretty good. But then obviously some inconsistency is expected with him, whether the Cavs are getting blown out, his shot isn't falling, or whatever else.

Edited by The_Custodian
bad grammar

10 hours ago, BrowKnees said:

If the Cavs weren't getting blown out so much, it would be because their  2nd best player isn't Cedi Osman. Still though, you have to take these types of games. You got a guy cheap or free because he's a solid player on an awful team that increases his usage. This is the other side of it.

• Like 1

The guy is very young, inconsistency snd growing pains should be expected but make no mistake he’s a must own player. Ty Lue will prob screw it o some along the way but agsin just be patient. Everyone got way ahead of themselves after game 1 of the season. Young players on ishh teams with bad coaches, struggles with occur. 

Edited by chud12

17 hours ago, Del Rio said:

he can't be sold. drop him if you can find someone that can do what cedi can do on your wire

but you can't