Stallion

Cedi Osman 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, ChickenPorzinger88 said:

Cheers already got sufficient 3/D players and sitting like 2nd in league so just may play risky and pick up Issac.

oh i didnt see issac, yeah issac over green for sure

You all already give up on Osman? Shooting slump can happen. He still we be one of the primary development for Cleveland. Minutes rebounds and passes are still there

• Like 1

It’s been 5 games, lol why draft anyone? Do you guys think we are playing a 16 game football season? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It’s been 5 games, lol why draft anyone? Do you guys think we are playing a 16 game football season? 

Because the beginning of the season is very important for waivers, and you don't want to miss out on guys who were not drafted, but will contribute nicely the rest of the season.

• Like 3

Fantasy basketball takes patience but it also requires striking while the iron is hot.  You fall in love with and hold on to “fools gold” for too long and you’ll end up missing out on some real gems.

I’m holding for a few more games, but will not hesitate to drop him if a more promising player comes along.

Edited by Taipan
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, cdrichar said:

Because the beginning of the season is very important for waivers, and you don't want to miss out on guys who were not drafted, but will contribute nicely the rest of the season.

guys like cedi? k. enjoy aminu. 

58 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Fantasy basketball takes patience but it also requires striking while the iron is hot.  You fall in love with and hold on to “fools gold” for too long and you’ll end up missing out on some real gems.

I’m holding for a few more games, but will not hesitate to drop him if a more promising player comes along.

This.. but after the first week or 2, any high upside guys who was missed in the draft will probably been picked up..

You will need to strike a balance and weigh if the guy you are picking up has enough upside ROS..

And I think Cedi has that compared what is I assume currently on the wire (not including dropped players due to injury)

• Like 2

Real Cedi is somewhere in between game 1 and the last few. Opportunity is totally there..the roster is straight up garbage. Easy hold in all leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Letitbe793 said:

Real Cedi is somewhere in between game 1 and the last few. Opportunity is totally there..the roster is straight up garbage. Easy hold in all leagues.

Im jus tryna flip him for cousins smh cant even showcase properly

He’s a second year player who barely got time and obviously can be more than serviceable with the talent that he has.

He got a taste of being the a top option without Love and he’ll learn from this.

He’ll learn that jumpshots and lay-ups wont cut it and he has to develop go to moves like floaters, hooks or posting up/ facing up.

Thankfully, he does more than just score and that makes his learning curve  this early season more bearable. If you dont have the patience, then flip him as a sweetener - but he has the skill set to put your team over the top if he pans out

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 5:00 AM, c_dog said:

What happened to “just one game?” Lol

Where'd you go? How'd that back patting go after one game? Lol. This is why you don't do that. I figured you'd be the type to disappear when he had a bad game though.

For those thinking of dropping Cedi.. what are you, nuts? Once he gets back on track he'll get 32+ mins per night, take over double digit shots, attempt a solid amount of 3's, and run the offense a decent amount. Through the ups and down that including shooting 38.7% from the field, he's averaging 12.4/5.6/3.8 per game with 1.8 3's and 1.2 steals. Ya'll really finding guys like that on the wire? I'll bet on that fg%(and ppg) rising as well. Please get me in those leagues lol. 

• Like 4

Lmao at you guys acting like dropping him is crazy. The dude has had 3 duds in a row, I can pickup dozens of guys off the wire that have had 1 or 2 duds. Im not saying he's an absolute drop but completely understand people who have dropped.

And for f***s sake can everyone get off their high horse of 'How can I get in that league' 'You're league is trash' etc. etc. Everyone plays in different sized leagues and settings and Im getting tired of reading all these insecure comments about how much more competitive your league is than others.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Lmao at you guys acting like dropping him is crazy. The dude has had 3 duds in a row, I can pickup dozens of guys off the wire that have had 1 or 2 duds. Im not saying he's an absolute drop but completely understand people who have dropped.

And for f***s sake can everyone get off their high horse of 'How can I get in that league' 'You're league is trash' etc. etc. Everyone plays in different sized leagues and settings and Im getting tired of reading all these insecure comments about how much more competitive your league is than others.

Your right and I wish there was a way to keep these discussions in context. Size/type of league etc but there is no context what's so ever.  The point is throughout these threads, that if there are FA's or guys on your waivers that have just as much value/upside and you can consistently add and drop these guys all the time,  then why do these same people bother coming into these player threads saying drop city, this guys trash,  why would anyone keep rostering this guy, he put up 3 duds in a row in an 82 game season totally droppable etc..  In other words these types of comments provide absolutely nothing to these threads and without context they are just ridiculously annoying.  The drop city is the worst because obviously these people DO NOT understand that there ARE different size leagues, keepers dynasty etc..  We get it,  drop him for Julius Randle and if Randle has 2 duds in a row you could always package him for a second rounder.  Without context or size of league it's just back and forth bickering of whether a player is a hold or not. 

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

The issues are:

- Minutes he's been getting

- His path for minutes going forward

Both of those are really good for Osman, better than basically everyone on a 12 team wire.  There's a few players in the league that aren't really rosterable with 28+ minutes.  McDermott.  Snell.  Maybe Roberson.  But most of the time, grabbing guys off the waiver, you're just hoping they carve out a role on the team that will consistently get them around 30 minutes or more.  After that, you hope that the numbers they put up work with what you're doing as a team (or trade them for someone who does).  Osman already has those minutes.  That's the hardest part! That's the biggest hurdle!

You can pick up Dotson, you can pick up Morris, you can pick up a Brooks Brothers from Memphis, whatever.  But you're basically hoping that they're going to get, minuteswise, what Osman already has.  That's why people are acting like dropping him is a bad move. 

Edited by Tom Chambers
  • Like 5

Guy needs to learn how to get to the line so he can get himself going. Watched three games and he's got decent mix of jumpers and drives to the hoop, but he tends to avoid contact. When he's not scoring he's less proactive on offence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fantasm said:

is it time to drop him? he's doing pretty.....meh

love the cheap popcorn stats, no way I'm dropping him personally but I'll sit him in roto til his efficiency trends up

• Thanks 1