Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

woodshedz7

Fantasy League Names

8 posts in this topic

I've been the commissioner of a keeper league for four years, but we have never had a league name we've truly liked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Something along the lines of the expert league names, like Tout Wars or LABR (League of Alternative Baseball Reality). Something distinctive and unique, but not something silly.

Thoughts?

I've been the commissioner of a keeper league for four years, but we have never had a league name we've truly liked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Something along the lines of the expert league names, like Tout Wars or LABR (League of Alternative Baseball Reality). Something distinctive and unique, but not something silly.

Thoughts?

"Stat Masters '07" (Simple, effective, and it has a ring to it!)

Where are you located geographically? My league started with some friends and family in southern maine, so I called it the SMFSL (southern maine fantasy sports league)...since then, we've expanded to include members from Texas, Canada, NY, NJ, Florida, and NC...but it is still called the SMFSL Elite League.

My league, entering it's 8th season, is named after a guy who used to be in an earlier "version" of the league. After he died the league sort of broke up for a year or two then got back together (when I joined) and the returning owners wanted to name it after their deceased friend. It's called the BMFBL (Burrows Memorial Fantasy Baseball League).

It may sound kind of morbid, but that's how names are created?

We have always used "Expect No Mercy" as a league name. It has always seemed so simple yet extremely appropriate. It's also serious enough to allow for some silly humor in the team names. Personally, I went with "Riders of Lohan" last year as my team name.... still looking for inspiration on 2007's name.

Thoughts?

My two leagues are called "No Hitters" and "Chin Music".