Pirate

Bamba 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I may have to agree here.

40 minutes ago, Akauders said:

"Raw" equals "not NBA ready"😁

I think there is 33% he will play 20' and be useless, 33% will play 25' and be top 80, 33% be unleashed at some point and be top 50.

• Like 1

I'm very,very, very ,very very sorry... had to drop 4 Isaac.  

Would you drop him for bremby? In a s---y situation because Dunn, Barton and Wilson chandler are injured for me I’m in a 14 team league with keeper tho, but he’s really hurting my team

Edited by Natetpk3

Honestly I’m afraid Issac is taking all the back up minutes at PF to really have much impact unless the magic start losing again

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Natetpk3 said:

Honestly I’m afraid Issac is taking all the back up minutes at PF to really have much impact unless the magic start losing again

tenor.gif

I watch all Magic games, and it's clear he's the future, but not the present.  I believe the Magic will slowly increase his minutes to get him comfortable with the NBA tempo and build some confidence while they showcase Vuc for a trade to acquire a playmaker that will bring this Magic team together.   I really wish they made a move for Schroeder over the offseason, but too late now.  A real PG could tie this team together nicely then watch out because AG, Isaac, and Bamba could be a top 5 defense in years to come.  Add Marcus Smart to the mix and you've got yourself the tough defense out there.

If I were the GM, I'd aim for Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier.  Vuc could back up PF/C for Boston, and allow Horford to player less mins to keep him fresh for the playoffs.  Rozier could finally let loose with 32-35 mpg and show the world that he's a starting PG in this league.  Or Smart could lead the Magic to double down on defense and intensity, making them an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses.  

Any scenario points to Bamba being a special talent, and big piece for Orlando, however, we should have no problem dropping him until closer to the trade deadline.  While I do believe he'll have a few impressive games int he first half, I don't think the opportunity is there yet to string together enough consistent good games to be worth owning.   The Magic would be far too slow to have Bamba and Vuc play together often, but they need Vuc out there piling up stats to continue increasing his value. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seems like Vuc value is a high as it can get right now.

Edited by ssolitare
  • Like 1

Sold Vuc at a high point and I suggest others do the same. Its obvious they are showcasing him. Bamba is the future. The kid is smart, athletic, and long. He's something special.

7 minutes ago, dman0506 said:

Sold Vuc at a high point and I suggest others do the same. Its obvious they are showcasing him. Bamba is the future. The kid is smart, athletic, and long. He's something special.

I wish he would be more aggressive when he gets the ball near the free throw line. I feel like he can face up and drive by a lot of these slower centers guarding him. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

I wish he would be more aggressive when he gets the ball near the free throw line. I feel like he can face up and drive by a lot of these slower centers guarding him. 

Agreed.  Things are moving just a little too fast for Bamba right now, but it'll slow down for him by the ASB, imo.

3 hours ago, dman0506 said:

Who did you get ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Who did you get ?

I packaged Vuc/A.Gordon for Oladipo/Nurkic

• Thanks 1

On 2018-10-29 at 4:34 PM, HulkSmash said:

I watch all Magic games, and it's clear he's the future, but not the present.  I believe the Magic will slowly increase his minutes to get him comfortable with the NBA tempo and build some confidence while they showcase Vuc for a trade to acquire a playmaker that will bring this Magic team together.   I really wish they made a move for Schroeder over the offseason, but too late now.  A real PG could tie this team together nicely then watch out because AG, Isaac, and Bamba could be a top 5 defense in years to come.  Add Marcus Smart to the mix and you've got yourself the tough defense out there.

If I were the GM, I'd aim for Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier.  Vuc could back up PF/C for Boston, and allow Horford to player less mins to keep him fresh for the playoffs.  Rozier could finally let loose with 32-35 mpg and show the world that he's a starting PG in this league.  Or Smart could lead the Magic to double down on defense and intensity, making them an absolute nightmare for opposing offenses.  

Any scenario points to Bamba being a special talent, and big piece for Orlando, however, we should have no problem dropping him until closer to the trade deadline.  While I do believe he'll have a few impressive games int he first half, I don't think the opportunity is there yet to string together enough consistent good games to be worth owning.   The Magic would be far too slow to have Bamba and Vuc play together often, but they need Vuc out there piling up stats to continue increasing his value. 

Rozier would be nice. I'm not sure Smart is anymore than a defensive guard however. Not sure he would help that offence when it comes to running the game. 

I really like Bamba. He has looked passive at times but that's probably to be expected. His length alone is going to give him the chance to block 3+ shots per game in his best years. The fact that his shot already looks good is the scary part. I felt the bigs were the story of this draft with Ayton, Bamba, JJJ and Bagley and I think all 4 could be very very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maleman said:

dropped him for mitchell robinson

Same. Would have loved to hang on to Bamba but its gonna be a while barring injury for him to get more playing time.

Also, right now his offense is limited to just screen and popping to the 3 point line. He's not quick and strong enough to roll to the basket to catch alley oops. Until he gets a little stronger he's little more than a 3point shot blocker.

Dude was dropped in my league, wonder if I should pick him up, is he just good for blocks? I'm guessing Vuce is gonna be on the team until February, maybe not worth the pickup at the moment?

1 hour ago, Kobe824 said:

Dude was dropped in my league, wonder if I should pick him up, is he just good for blocks? I'm guessing Vuce is gonna be on the team until February, maybe not worth the pickup at the moment?

Here's what I can tell you after watching a bunch of games. Obviously he gets blocks because of his long arms. On offense he's pretty much pick n pop to the 3 point line.

Not strong or fast enough to cut to the basket for ally oops. Can't really create a shot for himself yet, its either a put back dunk or assisted from teammate. 

Guess it comes down to if you can wait or not and treat him as a stash and who you're dropping for him. Unfortunately because of injuries I can't wait that long for production

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Here's what I can tell you after watching a bunch of games. Obviously he gets blocks because of his long arms. On offense he's pretty much pick n pop to the 3 point line.

Not strong or fast enough to cut to the basket for ally oops. Can't really create a shot for himself yet, its either a put back dunk or assisted from teammate. 

Guess it comes down to if you can wait or not and treat him as a stash and who you're dropping for him. Unfortunately because of injuries I can't wait that long for production

I would say this is spot on. In a keeper, owning him is a different story because I think he has the potential to be the best in this draft class. Not this year though. The above assessment is correct, he needs some size and quickness to become elite. The only way that is gonna happen is with court time. I think the Magic are doing exactly what needs to be done with him.