Pirate

Bamba 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I really want to drop this guy but Orlando keeps winning games they shouldn't. Someone dropped Danny Green so I was thinking of pulling the trigger (I feel it's negating the fact I have Isaac, so no need for Bamba). What percentage do you guys think Vooch will be traded this year? 

41 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I really want to drop this guy but Orlando keeps winning games they shouldn't. Someone dropped Danny Green so I was thinking of pulling the trigger (I feel it's negating the fact I have Isaac, so no need for Bamba). What percentage do you guys think Vooch will be traded this year? 

300%

• Like 1

Yes probably he will remain the backup C for this season. If Magic have the chance to make the playoffs it doesn't seem likely they ll part with Vooch.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 9:21 AM, LosingEffort said:

300%

If you really think that then no more debate.  Give me 3:1 odds.  If vuc gets traded I’ll put $100 in your league safe and if he doesn’t you put $300 into mine.  This forum is a witness.  This is not a joke.  I’m 300% serious.

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

If you really think that then no more debate.  Give me 3:1 odds.  If vuc gets traded I’ll put $100 in your league safe and if he doesn’t you put $300 into mine.  This forum is a witness.  This is not a joke.  I’m 300% serious.

I want glory not money
"I told you" is priceless

2 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I want glory not money
"I told you" is priceless

Trust me, not for one second did I think you'd put your money where your mouth is.  Either way,  you're right "told you so" is priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Trust me, not for one second did I think you'd put your money where your mouth is.  Either way,  you're right "told you so" is priceless.

It's funny when you ask somebody to put something on the table, you can tell who's a (b-word) and who's real man

or maybe they are just broke? lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

It's funny when you ask somebody to put something on the table, you can tell who's a (b-word) and who's real man

or maybe they are just broke? lol

I think he’s just trolling which is annoying.  I don’t know whether Vuc gets traded, I’ll admit that.  But I would never say I’m 300% certain then present nothing insightful to say.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

Was dropped in my keepers league, is he worth a #1 waiver priority ?

Dropped him in my redraft league a few weeks back with great regret.

I think he has a really high ceiling but will not get unleashed this year due to the Magic being in the playoff race (for whatever reason).

Even if he got unleashed I feel like he's at least 1-2 years away from really fullfilling significant parts of his potential.

Really depends on your timeline and how much you're willing to gamble. He is a big shot blocker who has a nice touch. He's the definition of raw in most other areas.

In a best case scenario you have a Porzinigis lite in a 2 seasons (and he has shown flashes of that) - in a worst case scenario you'll end up with Dragan Bender plus blocks who can't stay on the court for 25m+ due to foul trouble and missed assignments.

All this to basically just say: it depends. ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoyGonzo said:

Dropped him in my redraft league a few weeks back with great regret.

I think he has a really high ceiling but will not get unleashed this year due to the Magic being in the playoff race (for whatever reason).

Even if he got unleashed I feel like he's at least 1-2 years away from really fullfilling significant parts of his potential.

Really depends on your timeline and how much you're willing to gamble. He is a big shot blocker who has a nice touch. He's the definition of raw in most other areas.

In a best case scenario you have a Porzinigis lite in a 2 seasons (and he has shown flashes of that) - in a worst case scenario you'll end up with Dragan Bender plus blocks who can't stay on the court for 25m+ due to foul trouble and missed assignments.

All this to basically just say: it depends. ;)

Thanks for your thougts, i really appreciate.

I already have 2 rookies (JJJ and Bagley), and i know Bamba will not be unleashed this year. But my big concern is that someone else will pick him, i 'm not sure i want to face him next year...

On 12/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, StifleTower2 said:

dude what i realized being around the fantasy bball forums is that its a lot like the crypto-currency atmosphere....

there's a whole lot of speculation and A LOT of people tend to delude themselves so they feel some sort of sense of success...

you got people thinking vucevic is gonna be traded, whiteside is gonna be traded, wall being traded....

these are all delusions lol, i think a lot of people start believing these things because they want their specific player to have the minutes to shine and they want it so bad that they start believing in the trade delusions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fantasm said:

dude what i realized being around the fantasy bball forums is that its a lot like the crypto-currency atmosphere....

there's a whole lot of speculation and A LOT of people tend to delude themselves so they feel some sort of sense of success...

you got people thinking vucevic is gonna be traded, whiteside is gonna be traded, wall being traded....

these are all delusions lol, i think a lot of people start believing these things because they want their specific player to have the minutes to shine and they want it so bad that they start believing in the trade delusions

Yes, it's called confirmation bias.  

Quotes like this are all over the internet.  

“There is nothing serious going on there with them moving Vuc,” one source told Sporting News.

The team has entertained no real offers for their center, and in fact, the Magic have been rather happy with the way he has played. The Magic don’t want to toss Bamba into the starting lineup before he’s ready."

I could post half a dozen quotes from the Magic side saying they have no intention of trading him.  I could post half a dozen quotes from Vuc saying he has no intention of asking for a trade.  But I won't because people need to do their own research and some of them have confirmation bias so bad they would just ignore anything I post.

I'm pretty tired of the debate though atm.  Either they trade him or they don't.  There's nothing else either side can say.

• Thanks 2

No idea no min no update 

wasn’t like it will effect my team lol 

He could be. But if you stash for a big, I prefer Kornet or Isaac ( If Vuc is trade I think Isaac would gain value), because Fg% and ft% really hurt the value of Bamba even on 30 minutes a game, I Don't see him Inside top 60. So if you Don't punt ft% I think there is better stash for big. Even Jaymich Green, Rabb or Kleber.