Sign in to follow this  
mbell317

Player Outlook Threads Being Locked

Recommended Posts

Why are multiple player Outlook Threads in the football section being locked with no explanation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Why are multiple player Outlook Threads in the football section being locked with no explanation?

 

We lock threads for the following reasons:

 

1.  The thread is being bumped during that player's game with game day chatter.  The posting rules state that these discussions need to happen in the threads for the game in question for football, or the game day thread for baseball.

 

2.  The thread is spiraling out of control with some kind of bickering / fighting / off-topic chatter that needs to be cleaned up, so it's been locked to prevent further damage.  Sometimes this could just last a few minutes while we're cleaning things up, but sometimes we leave them locked for longer as a cooling-off period.

 

As for the lack of explanation: we're quite short-staffed at the moment, so we're focusing on the things that keep things running smoothly at the expense of courtesy posts indicating the reason for the lock.  If a thread is locked and the player's game is being played, assume it's #1 above.  If not, assume it's #2.

 

Hope this helps.

-Tony

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

 

We lock threads for the following reasons:

 

1.  The thread is being bumped during that player's game with game day chatter.  The posting rules state that these discussions need to happen in the threads for the game in question for football, or the game day thread for baseball.

 

2.  The thread is spiraling out of control with some kind of bickering / fighting / off-topic chatter that needs to be cleaned up, so it's been locked to prevent further damage.  Sometimes this could just last a few minutes while we're cleaning things up, but sometimes we leave them locked for longer as a cooling-off period.

 

As for the lack of explanation: we're quite short-staffed at the moment, so we're focusing on the things that keep things running smoothly at the expense of courtesy posts indicating the reason for the lock.  If a thread is locked and the player's game is being played, assume it's #1 above.  If not, assume it's #2.

 

Hope this helps.

-Tony


Thanks Tony. I wasn't aware of #1 and I think that is why they were locked for the most part. Thank you. 

It's sort of a fine line though. If a guy goes to the locker room with an injury, for example, that seems more appropriate to discuss in his Outlook thread and not in the general game thread.

So it's confusing to know where is best to post in those cases.

Edited by mbell317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

It's sort of a fine line though. If a guy goes to the locker room with an injury, for example, that seems more appropriate to discuss in his Outlook thread and not in the general game thread.

 

Comments in response to an in-game injury are some of the least valuable / actionable comments on the forums.  A majority of them are people ranting about how the injury affects or might affect their team.  Of the rest, most are conflicting reports and speculation of how serious the injury is based on almost no first-hand information.  To me, having some time for the instant hot takes to cool off and for more reliable information to come in from reporters and the team is a feature, not a bug.  And if people really want to know what's up, the GDT is right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this