TTo34

Joe Flacco 2018 Outlook

Surprised Joe doesn't have a thread yet.  Let's discuss how to throw footballs.

072518_Cut4_Gif_Kepler_Throw.gif

24 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Surprised Joe doesn't have a thread yet.  Let's discuss how to throw footballs.

That seems a bit much disrespect for a guy who just threw for 376 yards (and has close to 40.000 career yards).

7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

pftcommenter-080615-twitter-ftr_x0nl0oeu

This picture's got all sorts of weird stuff going on.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Turnovers + losses means he won't last much longer as the starter, which is BS, but that's how it looks 

1-1. His leash is a lot longer than someone like Tyrod Taylor. Lamar Jackson is the future of course but he’s a decoy in the offense this year. 

17 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I don't know man.  I saw more of this

flacclol.0.0.gif

Not sure if you watched the game or just the highlights but that defensive line had their way with the O-Line and brought consistent pressure. Tipping a lot of passes and getting pressure and hitting his arm as he released the ball. 

This is is the first year he’s really ever had a respectable WR core. Everybody can’t be Peyton Manning or Brady and make average guys look good. This is the first year Flacco is actually startable as a consistent QB1 starting option. I’m actually surprised he didn’t have a thread as well. 

5 minutes ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

1-1. His leash is a lot longer than someone like Tyrod Taylor. Lamar Jackson is the future of course but he’s a decoy in the offense this year. 

Not sure if you watched the game or just the highlights but that defensive line had their way with the O-Line and brought consistent pressure. Tipping a lot of passes and getting pressure and hitting his arm as he released the ball. 

This is is the first year he’s really ever had a respectable WR core. Everybody can’t be Peyton Manning or Brady and make average guys look good. This is the first year Flacco is actually startable as a consistent QB1 starting option. I’m actually surprised he didn’t have a thread as well. 

I did watch the game.  I saw two horrible interceptions exactly like I highlighted.  Even if there is pressure, you don't make decisions like this.  You throw the ball away and live to fight another day, or simply just take the sack.  There has to be a mental process to avoid these bad decisions. 

Even on the fumble, he had plenty of time to throw the ball away.  His play put the defense in terrible field position on multiple drives.  He may not be solely responsible for this loss, but he played a huge part in it.

The one thing I noticed about flacko when he throws his release is so slow he got hit mid release on both the fumble and interception and a few times he just missed the receiver on easy throws. Still I thought he might be primed for an Alex Smith type year and I drafted him late in a 2qb 6 point-pass TD league, and I was surprised at the low ranking he was getting for this week (qb29 at FPs), they didn't anticipate they would be passing a lot in the second half to catch up? I bet you he ends up with more points this week than Watson and Tannehill.

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

I did watch the game.  I saw two horrible interceptions exactly like I highlighted.  Even if there is pressure, you don't make decisions like this.  You throw the ball away and live to fight another day, or simply just take the sack.  There has to be a mental process to avoid these bad decisions. 

Even on the fumble, he had plenty of time to throw the ball away.  His play put the defense in terrible field position on multiple drives.  He may not be solely responsible for this loss, but he played a huge part in it.

The first pick was absolutely a bad decision. The second one came from Dunlap coming from Flacco’s blind spot and hitting his arm, he had a man wide open so no way he should’ve threw it away. It looked nothing like the first one that came when he wasn’t under pressure. 

C.J. Mosley getting injured on the Bengals first possession opened up the door for those 3 TDs that AJ Green had. One coming from a bad pass into double, damn near triple coverage. But yes turnovers are always a big reason for losing a game.

All in all, I like Flacco to finish as a top 10 for the first time in his career. 

Edited by Finally Detroit Wins

I still don't trust his stats.  The Bengals got up 28-0, essentially skewing the game script towards more passing and softer coverage.  In addition, there were some completions that were total fluke.  For example, the completion to Smokey in triple coverage somehow ended up a completion.

Either way, I'm not a believer.  I guess if you need a QB punt, I'd put him above Bradford, Carr, Allen and Darnold.

5 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

Yes I know what their record is. I meant "losses" as in "if they keep losing" and since it looks like CJ Mosley is gonna miss some time that really hurts the team as a whole. Also Flacco did not look great. He made a lot of bad passes. Not everything was his fault, but he did not help his cause last night.

"Tyrod Taylor has a shorter leash" I would hate to try and ever figure out what Hue Jackson is thinking. Saying that Tyrod has a shorter leash is not a given at all.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Flacco spiking the ball on 3rd and 8 at the end of the game yesterday. Obviously the outcome was decided but Harbaugh and one of the assistants looked at each other like "what the F is he doing?"

53 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Yes I know what their record is. I meant "losses" as in "if they keep losing" and since it looks like CJ Mosley is gonna miss some time that really hurts the team as a whole. Also Flacco did not look great. He made a lot of bad passes. Not everything was his fault, but he did not help his cause last night.

"Tyrod Taylor has a shorter leash" I would hate to try and ever figure out what Hue Jackson is thinking. Saying that Tyrod has a shorter leash is not a given at all.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Flacco spiking the ball on 3rd and 8 at the end of the game yesterday. Obviously the outcome was decided but Harbaugh and one of the assistants looked at each other like "what the F is he doing?"

Agree.  Flacco looked bad.  Very inaccurate.  Even on some of his deep completions, the pass was not good and his WR made a play.  He completed a long one to Brown that was basically a duck into triple coverage.  Bad pass and even worse decision. 

He also missed on many very makeable passes.  We're talking about 8 yard slants.  He was throwing either way too far in front or behind the guy.  He had huge yardage, yes, but I have a lot of concerns about his outlook this year if he doesn't get better.

Not a big Flacco fan but I own him in a 2QB league where I have Wentz on ice. He has put up respectable numbers even though they yanked him game 1 and he struggled game 2. The only thing I care about are the points. I don't care how he looks getting them. The defense looked vulnerable last night and Coach H was aggressive with his play calling. Doesn't appear that this team is going to be super effective running the ball so that bodes well for Flacco owners. You could do A LOT worse. He was efficient during the preseason so he is a comfortable hold IMO.

this guy is terrible and I dont care how many yards he threw for yesterday. That is all I have to contribute to this thread :).

16 hours ago, Finally Detroit Wins said:

His receivers have never been the problem. He just was never good.

Edited by Evincar

Will this guy toss 3-4 TDS this week against the terrible Saints passing defense!?!?

WW fill in of the week?

1 minute ago, tpat30 said:

Will this guy toss 3-4 TDS this week against the terrible Saints passing defense!?!?

WW fill in of the week?

NO defense has actually played better last few weeks.    but that isn't even the real issue, the real issue is will Brees and company be able to run up the score and turn it into a boat race,  if not get ready for a slow plodding game

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

NO defense has actually played better last few weeks.    but that isn't even the real issue, the real issue is will Brees and company be able to run up the score and turn it into a boat race,  if not get ready for a slow plodding game

Yea good point, but I was think that’s more because they played the Giants and Redskins. Hoping the Ravens are somewhere in the middle of that and what the Falcons/Bucs did to the Saints defense.

Vegas has the O/U around 50. It’ll be an interesting game.

Strong streamer this week - Saints have the best run defense in the league (YPG) but 30th in the league in passing YPG.

Only issue I see is that the Ravens defense is very tough...especially at home but Brees and co playing well.