papocrain

Kelly Olynyk Season Outlook 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Not a bad try for last rounds. Not sure though if there's that much upside here. Bam seems to be the one to benefit the most if Hassan gets traded... if... Because as for now I don't see many teams eager to pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m high on Olynyk. Call me crazy, but he is able to stretch the floor in many ways that’s needed better than Whiteside/Adebayo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could go either way but i do like bam a little better in fantasy because i think he brings more stats to the table. I seem to remember them winning last year whem bam was starting/getting big minutes. So there is that as well .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beauty about Olynyk's game is that he can play with both Whiteside and Bam due to his shooting and ability to find cutters/give handoffs to their guards at the top of the key. He is capped by Whiteside right now but I think that once he's gone, him and Bam give a nice combo of offense and defense for the Heat. I like Olynyk especially for the 3s and assists he can give from the C position. I have both Whiteside and Olynyk right now and hoping Whiteside gets moved so I can get another starting C. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He just fits the team better than Whiteside. But Whiteside is not going anywhere. Not with that contract.

 

Hell, if we couldn't get the Mavs from parting with Wes Matthews, then it's a lost cause. Just gotta ride it out.

 

Most nights I think it'll be a 24 minutes split between Olynyk and Whiteside. Enough minutes for both men to be in the top 100. Bam will get burn some nights, but mostly DNP-CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoctorLove said:

Anybody have any updated takes on Olynyk?  Is he worth holding onto in 12 teamers?

I'm holding onto him in my deep 12 team league. Especially with James Johnson still on the mend. Despite Whiteside's mini resurgence in the preseason, Spoelstra really likes Olynyk and the Heat have fared better when he is in at the end of games instead of Whiteside. Spoelstra has said that he wants Olynyk taking more 3s so he can easily play along Whiteside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

Anybody have any updated takes on Olynyk?  Is he worth holding onto in 12 teamers?

 

Yeah of course

He is end of the bench 10 team player honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished #34 the last 20 games with averages of

13.5 ppg

6.3 rbds

4.0 asts

1.9 3pg

1.1 stls

0.6 blks

52% fg

80.4% ft

With only 24mpg. Bam and Whiteside are not playing alongside each other. JJ is out as well. I've dropped lamb for Olynyk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Finished #34 the last 20 games with averages of

13.5 ppg

6.3 rbds

4.0 asts

1.9 3pg

1.1 stls

0.6 blks

52% fg

80.4% ft

With only 24mpg. Bam and Whiteside are not playing alongside each other. JJ is out as well. I've dropped lamb for Olynyk. 

Seriously? did you drop Lamb for Olynyk? Is the hype so big for this guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Seriously? did you drop Lamb for Olynyk? Is the hype so big for this guy?

 

I've dropped lamb for olynyk. But hype is higher for lamb by a bit. If you look at the game logs for both, olynyk finished the season strong, while lamb finished outside top 100. Starting definitely helps lamb but Batum and Kemba will likely handle the ball, and there's Monk and versatile Bridges. Both will be useful but regardless of who is starting, I'm going with a C that is not hurting my percentages, giving me more 3s than Lamb, and more assists. 

 

Both would be useful this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhkim814 said:

 

I've dropped lamb for olynyk. But hype is higher for lamb by a bit. If you look at the game logs for both, olynyk finished the season strong, while lamb finished outside top 100. Starting definitely helps lamb but Batum and Kemba will likely handle the ball, and there's Monk and versatile Bridges. Both will be useful but regardless of who is starting, I'm going with a C that is not hurting my percentages, giving me more 3s than Lamb, and more assists. 

 

Both would be useful this season

 

Oh well my drop would be either Gay, Baze or Lamb. Just think Lamb has a clear path to minutes with Batum at the 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Finished #34 the last 20 games with averages of

13.5 ppg

6.3 rbds

4.0 asts

1.9 3pg

1.1 stls

0.6 blks

52% fg

80.4% ft

With only 24mpg. Bam and Whiteside are not playing alongside each other. JJ is out as well. I've dropped lamb for Olynyk. 

 

As a fellow Olynyk owner, do you think he will hit these averages this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

 

As a fellow Olynyk owner, do you think he will hit these averages this year?

 

Certainly possible if he gets his minutes. His role is already set in stone and will operate as a passing big man that can spread the floor. There are very limited shooters in Miami that fits with Whiteside and Bam. 4 assists might be a challenge but 3 is doable. Olynyk had a 10 assist game from what i remember

Edited by bhkim814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hoopking said:

what did you currently did on this guy?

 

Dropped it like its hot for john henson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelly is producing in a big way tonight. Offense runs so well when he’s out there. Two Miami wins in a row with him starting...maybe the lineup sticks? 

 

Tonight vs Portland 

19 points 6/9 fgs 3/6 3s 4/5 fts 5 reb 5 ast 1 stl 1 to ?

Edited by Supersonics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.