JLoson0550

Punt Assists 2018-2019

3 hours ago, Saucy said:

So basically your saying If I go Davis + Gobert, I need to get wings and guards with strong percentages, 3pts, and steals. Im thinking Kyrie, Beal, Middleton, Klay, Porter, Harris, Bledsoe, Murray?

exactly

18 hours ago, richg24 said:

1. Almost no team wins blocks every week, and there is usually not a need to win a category every week. Each week you just need to beat your opponent.

2. Crazy to say can't win blocks without drafting one of them. I guess you forgot about: Turner, Durant, Embiid, Whiteside, Drummond, Deandre, Brolo, Ayton, Dwight, Nurkic, Towns, etc. On top of some out of position blockers, some of which you mentioned, like: Oladipo, Bledsoe, J Rich, Danny Green, K Anderson, and several more. 

3. Generally punt assist teams will be pretty good in blocks since they focus more on big men, but not always. Some of them place a lot of focus on steals and ft%. The strong blocking teams are often much weaker in ft% for obvious reasons.

Your post is a huge generalization and is misleading. 

There isn't a need to win a category each week? Do you actually know the strategy to punting 1 category? It's so you are elite in the others (usually be dominate in 4-5 of them so you win every week). So you're wrong about that.

What I was saying is..you can't win blocks every week with those people above because you aren't going to get them all. Of course a build of KD and Embiid could win you blocks but are you gonig to get both? Most likely not. and Ayton helping in blocks, I live here in AZ, he's no blocker (might average 1). I'm saying if you do this build, you should reallllllly try and grab AD or Gobert or Capella.

Has anyone successfully done a punt assists and blocks build? I know it's kind of counter-intuitive since it's punting a big and small stat together, but I was considering on focusing on efficiency bigs who won't hurt my FT% as well as guards who produce big stats.

Thoughts? Any potential pitfalls?

17 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

Has anyone successfully done a punt assists and blocks build? I know it's kind of counter-intuitive since it's punting a big and small stat together, but I was considering on focusing on efficiency bigs who won't hurt my FT% as well as guards who produce big stats.

Could work - Ideal first round would probably be KAT or Curry, maybe Dame although his FG% could be a problem. For wings you'd want the classic punt assists wings - Klay, Porter, Beal, Harris, Middleton types - the only issue is that as you sink further into the draft its harder and harder to find well rounded, efficient players. Most guys in the end of the draft have huge holes in their game, and I feel like spending early picks on efficient big men (KAT, Kanter, Turner, Vuc, Jonas) will leave you scrambling for guards later. It could work, but I'd probably recommend a soft punt in blocks, like if you led out with KAT and got Turner and J-Rich youd be well on your way to the punt assists build but solid in blocks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

I think it would be a fine build, you can probably win the odd week in blocks with some of the KAT, LMA, Kanter, JVal type some weeks performing. Steals may be weak too though.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 4:38 AM, SirMixalot said:

Sorry my bad, my league is a 2 team keeper and I'm targetting him 3rd round, which translates to 5th I guess in a real draft. I sometimes forget to translate it back to 'real' draft

Thank you very much for explanation, I was maybe a little bit too ironic. 5th round for Josh Richardson is OK, maybe he is available in 6th also, I hope.

Thinking about doing a punt assist in my up coming draft. Which option would you guys recommend for my first 3 rounds? (KD and Curry are the likely the next best players to fall to me) If neither of the combos look good then by all means suggest something else.

KD/IRVING/KLAY

CURRY/IRVING/LOVE

After these rounds I'd stock up on bigs. More than likely the only pg's that will be available to me in the second round are irving/simmons/lowry

6 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

KAT or Giannis a better starting point for a punt assists build?

KAT all day. Filling up a big man slot with someone who isn't going to kill your FT% numbers is super important. I don't love Giannis in punt assists because punt assists tends to struggle with free throws a lot as you are drafting many low assist big men, and Giannis is just another subpar free throw shooter when you could get an anchor like KAT.

• Like 1

Having a tough time deciding on the better fit for the punt assists build - Dipo or George? Both very strong in points, 3pt, and steals, often something that a punt assists build often struggles with.

16 minutes ago, Saucy said:

Having a tough time deciding on the better fit for the punt assists build - Dipo or George? Both very strong in points, 3pt, and steals, often something that a punt assists build often struggles with.

gqorge and its not really close. only thing dipo has going for him is that he is a point guard

• Thanks 1

Got KD as the 5th pick in a 14th teamer then took Gobert and Otto after so I decided punt assists would be the best option. I went with this team

14 Team H2H 9-Cat 

• Kevin Durant
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Otto Porter
  • Gary Harris
  • Josh Richardson
  • Enes Kanter
  • Nikola Mirotic
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Bojan Bogdanovic
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Al Farouq Aminu
  • Reggie Bullock
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, sewanlewan said:

Got KD as the 5th pick in a 14th teamer then took Gobert and Otto after so I decided punt assists would be the best option. I went with this team

14 Team H2H 9-Cat 

• Kevin Durant
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Otto Porter
  • Gary Harris
  • Josh Richardson
  • Enes Kanter
  • Nikola Mirotic
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Bojan Bogdanovic
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Al Farouq Aminu
  • Reggie Bullock

Nice looking team, where did Kevin Love go if you don't mind me asking???

56 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Nice looking team, where did Kevin Love go if you don't mind me asking???

He went 21st, I went 24th and took Gobert 

• Thanks 1

Auction 14 Team H2H 9-Cat

My keepers :

. AD 82 dollars

. Oladipo 22 dollars

I haver the best keepers in term of quality. who should i draft in priority ? I think i can focus again with 2 very good rank players and after role player.

not available : PG , love, Larry nance jr, howard, d Mitchell tatum, Harris holliday, jokic, Jamal murray, aldridge, booker, ingles, prince, ingram, KAT, simmons, Drummond, dunn, capela, richardson, embiid, Dennis smith jr

Edited by 6-Heaven

12 hours ago, sewanlewan said:

14 Team H2H 9-Cat 

• Kevin Durant
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Otto Porter
  • Gary Harris
  • Josh Richardson
  • Enes Kanter
  • Nikola Mirotic
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Bojan Bogdanovic
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Al Farouq Aminu
  • Reggie Bullock

FWIW... this looks like an assist & points double punt.

41 minutes ago, alclayno said:

FWIW... this looks like an assist & points double punt.

Definitely. When Gary Harris and otto porter are your 2nd and 3rd best scorers it's a full points punt, even with KD. 

yea its not full punt pts because its 14 teamer and kantar and mirotic are decent in pts but its not a strength for that team

id be a little more worried about only having 3 guys that can get blks. gobert misses any time you are punting blks for those weeks

18 hours ago, sewanlewan said:

14 Team H2H 9-Cat 

• Kevin Durant
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Otto Porter
  • Gary Harris
  • Josh Richardson
  • Enes Kanter
  • Nikola Mirotic
  • Trevor Ariza
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Bojan Bogdanovic
  • Domantas Sabonis
  • Al Farouq Aminu
  • Reggie Bullock

I'm not high on Otto Porter in the 3rd round esp in H2H, but I get his value, esp in this build.  Even tho he fits your team well I think there probably was a player who either scores more points or has more "monster games" available at that spot, at the minor expense of TO/FG, that I would have gone with instead.  Pretty nice tho!

Just finished up my 12 team draft and ended up punting assists:

pg: kemba, bledsoe

sg: butler, Harris, levert

sf: Covington, Isaac

Pf: Collins, Kyle Anderson

c: kat, Allen, Bell, mo bamba

ir: porzhingis

any thoughts?

Anyone keeping in mind the Doncic? PG eligible as of now but could be starting at PF. Very rarely does Yahoo remove initial position eligibility so we could get the Frankenstein of PG/PF.  More important a PG eligible player not playing the PG role, being able to slot swing guard/forward stats into your PG slot. Possible X-factor if he can keep his turnovers low, not a guarantee with any rookie. 

Edited by Crazycanto

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

any thoughts?

best one posted on here so far imo. zero weaknesses. even assists are not fully punted and you could win on random weeks. 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

any thoughts?

18 minutes ago, richg24 said:

best one posted on here so far imo. zero weaknesses. even assists are not fully punted and you could win on random weeks. 

I agree but it seems to good to be true. Was it a offline draft and the others had sheets from a year other then 2018.

1 minute ago, turner46 said:

I agree but it seems to good to be true. Was it a offline draft and the others had sheets from a year other then 2018.

Thanks guys. Was really surprising but it was a live draft. It was an ESPN league so the rankings were all over the place and I was able to get a few guys later than usual. I was really liking the team as well, but got thrown off because the guy drafting after me also punted assists and sniped some of my targets (pg, turner, jrich, porter just to name a few). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

Thanks guys. Was really surprising but it was a live draft. It was an ESPN league so the rankings were all over the place and I was able to get a few guys later than usual. I was really liking the team as well, but got thrown off because the guy drafting after me also punted assists and sniped some of my targets (pg, turner, jrich, porter just to name a few). 

Barring a catastrophe your a playoff team and then always luck can play a factor. I had one team last year where I lead wire to wire and didn't lose a single matchup and  was miles ahead of 2nd place and I was showing all my friends but then after my 1st round bye it was all over with some bad luck Steph, Kyrie, GHarris off the top of my head maybe I'm forgetting others too and I lost in the semi's.