Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Wendell Smallwood 2018 Outlook

Jay Ajayi has a bone on bone knee condition and Darren Sproles has a hamstring issue leaving the door open for Smallwood to join the rb fray for the Eagles.

Do you think he is worth a spot in deeper 14+ team leagues?

Ajayi and Sproles out, Clement questionable. 

Time to add Smallwood before the rush. 

Edited by UVA_Drew

23 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Ajayi and Sproles out, Clement questionable. 

Time to add Smallwood before the rush. 

tips-hat-gif-9.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

10-15 touches EASY.

As crazy as this sounds I can see this. More around the 10 range..

I'm guessing that he'll probably get 8-10 touches and maybe 1-2 catches out of the backfield.  In the slim chance that Clement can't play or has to leave the game, of course he would receive more.

Should be a bit more discussion about this guy. If both RB's are out, Clement and Smallwood are the RB funnel that is easy to predict. Now with Wentz back, I think they can do some damage unless Titans defense is SUPER legit.

I think this guy can be a Rb2/flex in a pinch, and I'm eyeing him due to CMAC on bye and my WR's blowing chunks.

I own Clement who everyone was lathered up about, but honestly Smallwood isn't far off. They're basically splitting carries. It's anyone guess who will get the rushing TD(if there is one)

I was a Clement truther and I still am, but if Ajayi + Sproles are out again this week and you're in a pinch, Smallwood makes a decent FLEX play.  Pederson is committed to RB rotation so I would guess 15-20ish attempts/targets for each RB.

Looks like Ajayi is suiting up but Clement may not. 

In the event CC is ruled out, what are we expecting from Smallwood?

12 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Looks like Ajayi is suiting up but Clement may not. 

In the event CC is ruled out, what are we expecting from Smallwood?

Um Clement practiced and is likely to play?

4 minutes ago, Mathew Berry said:

Um Clement practiced and is likely to play?

Seems likely but in the event he sits out how valuable does Smallwood become with Sproles out of the picture? 

(RotoWire) Clement (quad) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game in Tennessee, Daniel Gallen of PennLive.com reports.

Analysis: Clement played through the same injury last week against the Colts, gaining 75 carries on 19 touches while splitting work with Wendell Smallwood. The Eagles now expect Jay Ajayi to play through a small back fracture, likely returning Clement to the No. 2 role if he's ultimately cleared for Week 4. Clement seems likely to play after logging a limited practice Thursday, whereas Darren Sproles (hamstring) has already been ruled out for Sunday.

1 minute ago, philnutz said:

Clement out, ajayi not 100% thoughts on smallwood?

Might have to start him... should see a fair amount of touches

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Might have to start him... should see a fair amount of touches

I'm not wasting limited bench space on him.  Don't trust him enough to flex, and I am skeptical of his long-term value when he needs to hurdle 3 other (better) RBs.

I know Sproles/Ajayi/Clement are banged up, but still - not loving the situation. 

Due to injuries I may start him over Barber, sad but he'll probably get more touches due to Tampa being so predictable

Thinking of adding Smallwood because it looks like Sproles and Clement will be out again this week and who knows how long Ajayi will hold up with his back fracture.

Any other RB desperate owners thinking about rolling him out today? Sproles is inactive and it looks like Clement will be too.

He struggles in pass protection but should get a good amount of touches in a potentially high-scoring game.

It was just announced that Ajayi was sent to IR, so Smallwood will be a hot commodity in waivers this week. 

Must add?

Just now, mjb said:

Must add?

If you can manage it, sure. Keep in mind that Howie Roseman is as aggressive as they come and will likely make a move to solidify the RB position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Must add?

I'm expecting a trade, so no. But any trade would happen before fantasy's Wednesday waivers since the deadline is tomorrow. Not worth burning a high waiver on him even if the Eagles don't make a trade though. Worth an add though if no trade occurs.

I hope owners in my league rush to add Smallwood and Clement only to have Philly go out and add someone! Let's pimp these two in the waiver thread! Yay!

I got both !!! At 3:23 pm lmao right before the game started