sjm76

Wendell Smallwood 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I hope owners in my league rush to add Smallwood and Clement only to have Philly go out and add someone! Let's pimp these two in the waiver thread! Yay!

You really think so. The only two options that could make an immediate impact would be Kenjon Barner just released from the Pats and has extensive knowledge of the system. Also Blount knows the system and maybe Detroit might part ways to open the door for Johnson but why when they have Blount for cheap.

Everyone else would have to learn system, protection packages, etc. Not easy.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You really think so. The only two options that could make an immediate impact would be Kenjon Barner just released from the Pats and has extensive knowledge of the system. Also Blount knows the system and maybe Detroit might part ways to open the door for Johnson but why when they have Blount for cheap.

Bell?

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

if it was New Englands offense perhaps. my 3 year old can learn the philly offense in 24 hours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

barner just resigned with the pats a few minutes ago 

• Thanks 1

Any reason why Philly can't just roll with Smallwood, Clement, and Sproles from here on out?  I realize Clement and Sproles are banged up at the moment.  I guess what I really want to know is can Smallwood be the lead dog from here on out?

Just now, ccimore said:

Any reason why Philly can't just roll with Smallwood, Clement, and Sproles from here on out?  I realize Clement and Sproles are banged up at the moment.  I guess what I really want to know is can Smallwood be the lead dog from here on out?

Smallwood has spent most of his career banged up. So no, I think they trade for someone.

5 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

barner just resigned with the pats a few minutes ago 

The Pats must've been like hell no, this is our guy now LMAO.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

That was what I thought, but then RW mentioned a trade deadline this Tuesday in a blurb earlier. Maybe I mis-read something.

edit: I see. I confused the Flowers blurb about the transaction deadline.

I still expect the Eagles to trade for someone. Smallwood is a good add for this week if you need help this week.

Edited by devaster

They have another RB, Josh Adams. He isn't relevant right now but would be if one of Clement or Smallwood went down.

28 minutes ago, devaster said:

That was what I thought, but then RW mentioned a trade deadline this Tuesday in a blurb earlier. Maybe I mis-read something.

edit: I see. I confused the Flowers blurb about the transaction deadline.

I still expect the Eagles to trade for someone. Smallwood is a good add for this week if you need help this week.

Any possibility they bring LeSean McCoy back? Bills have 'momentum' now so maybe they won't want to trade, but just a few days ago, there was talk of trading Shady in a few weeks.  

Seems most people think Clement just has the job.  I honestly have to give Smallwood a slight edge though.  Especially for Thursday.

Smallwood had a nice line Sunday on just 6 touches: 71 yards and a TD. Looks like Clement returned to practice today, so who knows what'll happen Thursday. Definitely a timeshare of sorts but still decent RB2/flex value for both, imo. Rotoworld's blurb said the Smallwood/Ajayi timesplit vs. the Vikings was nearly identical so I'd expect Smallwood to have an advantage over Clement on touches, especially since Clement's been dinged up. It's worth keeping an eye on if you're hit with byes or other questionable RB choices. Wentz took some good shots Sunday and they need to start running the ball a little more. Ajayi even said that today before the ACL news broke. Which is odd he wanted the ball more with a broken back and an undiagnosed torn ACL. Must be a tough SOB.

Hate that it's the Thursday game though. Division opponent too, so the odds of a rockfight are pretty good. 

Probably going to still be a very crowded backfield. Hard to trust any of those guys frankly. Shady, sproles, clements, just too many mouths 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Surprised there isn't more buzz around biggie smalls.

Has looked decent..

Shady coming back to Philly rumors running strong

probably because everyone realizes it is still a committee so it limits any upside, it gives an option as a bye week filler but not much else at this point, not until PHI changes the way they deploy their RBs, and if they weren't going to do it for Ajayi who they traded for, not sure why they are doing it for his backup's backup

• Like 1

Well trying to decide between Smallwood and Clement on a weekly basis will be very frustrating. Really hoping one of them takes the lead back role 

1 hour ago, kco734 said:

Well trying to decide between Smallwood and Clement on a weekly basis will be very frustrating. Really hoping one of them takes the lead back role 

From what we have seen this year, I would bet that Clement will get the edge in snaps/carries but it will be something like 15-10.  I would definitely lean towards Clement, but I think both can be fantasy relevant. 

Smallwood has looked really good so far. Would much rather have him since he’s been healthier (so far).