sjm76

Wendell Smallwood 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Never flex a Thursday night player . Put him as a your rb if you’re playing him.

Yup. He's my "flex" in terms of value but slotted in as my RB2 for technical purposes.

6 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Never flex a Thursday night player . Put him as a your rb if you’re playing him.

Yes would have done this. Flex in my head but would have put him as rb. Thanks for looking out though. 

Clearly did not show anything tonight.  Unfortunate because his game last week was much better against a theoretically stronger defense.  Still, he had 19 touches.  You can't kick that to the curb just yet.

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

JAG for sure. But the touches are nice. Regardless flex play at best. Idk if he's a drop yet. But close.

He only had touches because Clement was on a snap count coming back from injury. I doubt he sees anything close to his touches today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He only had touches because Clement was on a snap count coming back from injury. I doubt he sees anything close to his touches today.

Well see. Too early to tell. 

• Like 1

I own smallwood. I had a waiver for clement first cause I did think he's the better talent but the first person claimed clement over smallwood. But I think this is going to be a coin flip cross your finger backfield. Sproles coming back means he will be sprinkled in here and there too.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

Premature to say that this is Clement's backfield.

It really isn’t considering it has always been set to be Clements backfield after Ajayi.

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It really isn’t considering it has always been set to be Clements backfield after Ajayi.

Dude. Its not about whether clement is the best player in the backfield. People just don't understand this concept. Just like drake is the best RB on the team but for whatever reason gore is there stealing a giant workload. Same thing with A jones. Amongst a lot of other players in the present and past. The eagles have never trusted him for one reason or another to be that lead guy. Whatever that reason is. Nothing has really changed. Eagles are out trying to get a 30-31 year old McCoy. I mean why? If they trusted clement that much it wouldn't have even been an option.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Dude. Its not about whether clement is the best player in the backfield. People just don't understand this concept. Just like drake is the best RB on the team but for whatever reason gore is there stealing a giant workload. Same thing with A jones. Amongst a lot of other players in the present and past. The eagles have never trusted him for one reason or another to be that lead guy. Whatever that reason is. Nothing has really changed. Eagles are out trying to get a 30-31 year old McCoy. I mean why? If they trusted clement that much it wouldn't have even been an option.

Clement isn’t a special player either that’s why. He also has had health issues. Smallwood isn’t good. No one is going to argue that Clement is going to become a bell cow. My point is he will easily out snap Smallwood who already isn’t good making him irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Clement isn’t a special player either that’s why. He also has had health issues. Smallwood isn’t good. No one is going to argue that Clement is going to become a bell cow. My point is he will easily out snap Smallwood who already isn’t good making him irrelevant.

You saying he will out snap smallwood is nothing but speculation. I think he should out snap him but even if he does. Your talking pretty close to a 50/50 workload no matter which way it tilts. Sproles coming back will steal a few looks. Most likely anyway. 3 RB committee like in green bay. Smallwood is williams. Clement is A Jones and sproles is Ty. 

• Like 1

I don't get the chest-thumping and arguing over two mediocre backs. They're cracking the champagne open in the Clement thread lol. This is going to be an ugly three-man RBBC soon. So enjoy, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

I don't get the chest-thumping and arguing over two mediocre backs. They're cracking the champagne open in the Clement thread lol. This is going to be an ugly three-man RBBC soon. So enjoy, I guess. 

Cuz there's a lot of top 25 pre season ranked RBs...

Any signs of life, you'd expect chest thumping...

I own Smallwood and was hoping he'd have a big game tonight to solidify himself as their top back. He didn't.

But this is the worst thing about this board. In the Clement thread it's "Smallwood SUX! Clement RB1!!" Whichever guy you own is the best and your opinion trumps facts. Look at GoHawks' posts, it's like he attends front office meetings in Philadelphia and knows something no one else does. 

Bottom line, Sproles is going to take a lot of snaps once he comes back and this is still a pass-first offense. 

Edited by mjagger42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smallwood almost fumbled the Giants back into the game.  The call on the field was overturned.  And Smallwood looked just okay on most of his runs.  When the Eagles CS watch the tape on this game, I don't think they are going to be very impressed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You saying he will out snap smallwood is nothing but speculation. I think he should out snap him but even if he does. Your talking pretty close to a 50/50 workload no matter which way it tilts. Sproles coming back will steal a few looks. Most likely anyway. 3 RB committee like in green bay. Smallwood is williams. Clement is A Jones and sproles is Ty. 

I mean nobody can tell the future, but it is a bit more than speculation.  Week 3 when Ajayi was out and Clement was healthy, Clement out-snapped Smallwood 45 to 29.  Clement outsnapped Smallwood 91 to 54 Week 1 to 3, and then Clement was out Week 4 and 5.  Now Week 6 Clement is back and admittedly on a snap count and just working back in after being out two weeks, and he still very obviously was the more effective player.  

I agree that the more talented player doesn't always get the most snaps.  And I also agree that Philly will run out some form of a committee.  But if you don't think Clement is going to head that committee based on all of data up until now then you've got your head shoved in the sand.  I'd expect going forward that Clement gets a 40-50% snap share similar to Ajayi's workload was, with Sproles and Smallwood sharing the remainder.  

Doesn't mean Smallwood can't have some value in certain fantasy leagues.  But it's certainly going to be capped.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

I mean nobody can tell the future, but it is a bit more than speculation.  Week 3 when Ajayi was out and Clement was healthy, Clement out-snapped Smallwood 45 to 29.  Clement outsnapped Smallwood 91 to 54 Week 1 to 3, and then Clement was out Week 4 and 5.  Now Week 6 Clement is back and admittedly on a snap count and just working back in after being out two weeks, and he still very obviously was the more effective player.  

I agree that the more talented player doesn't always get the most snaps.  And I also agree that Philly will run out some form of a committee.  But if you don't think Clement is going to head that committee based on all of data up until now then you've got your head shoved in the sand.  I'd expect going forward that Clement gets a 40-50% snap share similar to Ajayi's workload was, with Sproles and Smallwood sharing the remainder.  

Doesn't mean Smallwood can't have some value in certain fantasy leagues.  But it's certainly going to be capped.

Sproles started the game week 1 and had more snaps by HT... So no, there isn't a "guaranteed" Clement snaps in this offense...

I own no horse between Clement or Smallwood, just an observer

4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Sproles started the game week 1 and had more snaps by HT... So no, there isn't a "guaranteed" Clement snaps in this offense...

I own no horse between Clement or Smallwood, just an observer

You mean the game where the snaps ended up Ajayi 29, Sproles 29, Clement 13, and the Eagles put up 81 total yards on offense in the first half?  Where Ajayi played 40% of snaps, which to recap, I said Clement will likely end up with 40-50% of snaps going forward?  

There's of course no guarantees in anything, but you cherry picked a single half of the strangest game of the season where the RB timeshare was most evenly split, and even that full game data point backs up what I'm suggesting the time share will be (which last time I checked, fantasy scores the whole game). 

Will there be certain games or halves or quarters where Clement doesn't have the highest snap count among Eagles RBs?  Of course!  But there will be other games where he gets more than 50% based on game flow / script, etc.  When I'm saying I think Clement sees 40-50% snap count going forward, I'm not counting by the minute - that's just an approximation to how it will work out over time.  There's almost no RB that is completely matchup and game script proof every single week.

1 minute ago, handyandy86 said:

You mean the game where the snaps ended up Ajayi 29, Sproles 29, Clement 13, and the Eagles put up 81 total yards on offense in the first half?  Where Ajayi played 40% of snaps, which to recap, I said Clement will likely end up with 40-50% of snaps going forward?  

There's of course no guarantees in anything, but you cherry picked a single half of the strangest game of the season where the RB timeshare was most evenly split, and even that full game data point backs up what I'm suggesting the time share will be (which last time I checked, fantasy scores the whole game). 

Will there be certain games or halves or quarters where Clement doesn't have the highest snap count among Eagles RBs?  Of course!  But there will be other games where he gets more than 50% based on game flow / script, etc.  When I'm saying I think Clement sees 40-50% snap count going forward, I'm not counting by the minute - that's just an approximation to how it will work out over time.  There's almost no RB that is completely matchup and game script proof every single week.

All I see is yada yada I own Clement and needs to sound off in a Smallwood thread. 

You had provided no evidence that Clement will be the lead back when Sproles is back, given, that during week 1, where it was a 4 horses rbbc... Clement was not even second in the rotation.

Last night, Clement was not even playing the most snap... If your argument was "pitch count", Clement was running during garbage time, doesn't sound like a back on a pitch count to me.

To keep it simple instead of typing out an paper over this. No, nobody knows a s--- how this rotation will pan out when all three gets active during a game