colepenhagen

Buddy Hield 2018-2019 Outlook

starter or 1st guy off bench? don't think it really matters for his fantasy outlook

must own player for those punting assists. 16+pts 2+ threes, 1+ steal, 4.5 reb, good %'s,  low t/o,  and great PO schedule. plus upside

37 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

starter or 1st guy off bench? don't think it really matters for his fantasy outlook

must own player for those punting assists. 16+pts 2+ threes, 1+ steal, 4.5 reb, good %'s,  low t/o,  and great PO schedule. plus upside

I really like Buddy's game. I especially like that he's giving more than just scoring and threes. He's improved his rebs, steals, and overall defense which usually correlates to more playing time (unless Joerger still gives him a short leash for whatever reason). The Kings are relatively shallow at the SG position so I can see Buddy's minutes going up. The real hurdle to Buddy starting is if Bogdan will start at SG or SF. I'm not quite sure Bogdan tall enough to guard other SFs but I would love to see Buddy start at SG and get most of the minutes there. I saw somewhere that Buddy had the highest point differential of all the Kings players when he was on the court. They need shooting and the Kings would be foolish not utilize Buddy's 43.1% three point percentage. 

Sneaky top 75 potential this year in my opinion. I think his minutes will be anywhere from 28-32 mins/game. Like @AndreSplash said he has managed to improve upon his game and expanded from just scoring and threes. I also think if he is given the proper minutes, he will be the leading score on the Kings.

36 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

Well, it puts a little damper on his outlook with Joerger insinuating that Frank Mason will start at SG while Bogdanovic is out...

Yeah, no clue why this guy's not starting except for the fact that he's playing for arguably the most clueless and inept franchise in the NBA...

Still, he will hold very solid fantasy value if he's getting close to 30MPG, regardless of whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Low risk high reward. His game might be better suited coming off the bench - I don't think starting vs coming off the bench will impact his minutes too much (should see about 25-30 minutes). Might look to sell high once Bogdanovic nears a return though if Buddy is playing well.

• Like 1

Nice game... He definitely has top-50 value if he provides the counting stats along with scoring.

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Prsbest11 said:

This guy just can't seem to stay on the court despite how well he plays

I hope the Kings don’t pick up his option and goes somewhere where he can play 30 min/game like he deserves. 

Edited by AndreSplash

59 minutes ago, Prsbest11 said:

This guy just can't seem to stay on the court despite how well he plays

He picked up 3 fouls in 8 minutes in the first half...played 15 minutes in the 2nd half. Probably gets to 30-31 minutes tonight without the foul trouble early.

Edited by jmoney23

For whatever reason he sat out almost all of the 4th, despite looking efficient offensively and engaged defensively all of this game. Around the 2 min mark in the 4th, close game still, it was the 4 starters + Jackson in Hield's pace (then Jackson turned the ball over, and Joerger put Hield back in).

Hield looking solid on the offensive end this season. Defense could use work, which is probably a reason he sat most of the 4th. Hope he can gain Joerger's confidence in him as a starter for ROS.

2 hours ago, AndreSplash said:

I hope the Kings don’t pick up his option and goes somewhere where he can play 30 min/game like he deserves. 

He's averaging nearly 30 MPG this season lol

15 hours ago, Blood Brother said:

He's averaging nearly 30 MPG this season lol

He's at 27.3 which is getting close to 30 but he played sparingly in the second half last night as Joerger went with Yogi and Jackson. It's the inconsistency of Joerger that's frustrating. For instance, randomly Shumpert is the man. I know the Kings are in need of a SF but once Bogdan comes back, I don't anticipate Buddy's minutes climbing. I'm not giving up on Buddy since I've held onto him for two years now but it's been a rocky ride. 

I can’t say I ever hopped on the Hield hype train. I consider him Dion waiters 2.0.  If I’m at my last 2 picks and the SG/SF pool was dry, or if I need to pick up a swingman due to injuries I might consider picking him up...  I just don’t trust him TBH.

Edited by c_dog

Except Fox, everything is going to be messy in terms of rotation in Sacramento. And also all the blowout will not help and make it even more confusing. A nightmare to hold kings players

It was a mistake on the get go to install him in the starting line-up. He will benefit greatly coming off the bench. Can run the second unit and have more free role. The steals should come, its only anomaly in the stats. The minutes is the big question obviously, but I don't think he was playing more than 30 minutes per game in any case. Now he comes off the bench plays +25 minutes and gets the same stats with better role. He will be good, but maybe he doesn't take jump from last season. He and his staff have preached better defense. Yeah, maybe so but I don't see Joerger upgrading him to 32+ minutes even if he develops significantly on that aspect. Only if they start winning and he is crucial part of that success. But we do know that Kings wont win this season or the next. It is just what it is.